"I don't understand."
"I told you-when the Doctor's dying, he, um, regenerates. Gets a new body."
"Just like that?"
"Yep."
"But he looks younger. How can he be younger?"
"Are you alright, Donna?"
"Don't you dare use my name."
"But,"
"Don't 'but' me, spaceman! Only the Doctor can use that name, the real Doctor, the proper skinny one. No amount of pseudo-scientific nonsense is gonna convince me you're him."
"I am the Doctor."
"I wish I could believe you."
"Trust me..."

Journey's Beginning-
What if the Tenth Doctor regenerated when he was meant to?
Coming soon...
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

Re: Journey's Beginning

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sat 9 Sep 2017 - 20:53

Ooh very exciting. Loving the "spaceman" reference from Donna.
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Sun 10 Sep 2017 - 19:38

Here's a second teaser...the first chapter, comprising the post-regeneration scene, should be on its way later this week.

"I'm sorry, but there's a slight chance this might not work?"
"You what?"
"Just don't get too attached to the new me just yet, eh?"
"Don't worry, spaceboy, you're good."
"But I came all this way just to find you."
"I know."
"Behold, Doctor! The destruction of your vehicle is almost complete! What do you feel, Doctor? Anger? Pain? Resentment?"
"I feel nothing."
"This is unacceptable. We will destroy your home, and you are unmoved? Explain!"
"Oh, no, sorry, mate. I feel sorry for this..."
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 11 Sep 2017 - 23:34

Good stuff.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Tue 12 Sep 2017 - 19:54

Chapter One is here! Please read and review!

Chapter One-
The universe was in ruins. In the space of less than twenty four hours, its rich history and variety seemed to be coming to an end, affecting the individuals and the masses simultaneously.
Across a tiny island known as the United Kingdom on an obscure planet called Earth, three of the most important people in the universe right now, some of the select few who had a chance of stopping the Daleks, were about to meet their untimely demise.
Sarah Jane Smith sat cowering behind the wheel of her Nissan Figaro, as the Daleks relentlessly chanted their infamous death cry.
Gwen Cooper and Ianto Jones screamed with pride and fear as they sent billions of bullets hopelessly cascading into a Dalek’s impenetrable shell.
And meanwhile, the tenth incarnation of the Doctor breathed his last as he was submerged by a sea of flames. As Captain Jack pulled Rose Tyler and Donna Noble close to his chest, a scream erupted from the volcano as a new Doctor was born.
As the youthful figure took his first gasps of air, his eyes shot downwards, as he looked at his first sight in this new body-his legs.
“Legs!” he exclaimed, kissing his right kneecap. “I’ve still got legs! Good.”
He explored every crevice of his new body, ejaculating excitingly as he discovered everything was still in order.
“Good! Arms, hands, ooh! Fingers, lots of fingers. Ears, yes, eyes, two. Nose...”
He felt the protruding objects sticking out of his face.
“I’ve had worse. Chin-blimey! Hair...”
He pulled his floppy fringe right down to his eye line, ripping individual strands out as he despaired to get a closer look at his new mop.
“I’m a girl!”
Spinning around, he spread his hands around one of the messy panels on the TARDIS console, looking for some sort of mirror.  He caught his face, albeit in a distorted view, on one of the many control plates which adorned the coral surface.
“No, no. I’m not a girl-and still not ginger!”
As the Doctor stared vainly at himself, he was oblivious to the eyes of Rose, Jack and Donna, staring at him with confusion and an odd mix of betrayal.
Donna’s face displayed her emotions the most, a hot flush of embarrassment.
“I don’t understand.” She whispered, as soon as she learnt to verbalise her thoughts.
“I told you,” Rose took her by the hands to reassure her, a slight hint of condescension in her voice. But Donna didn’t mind. At least she understood for once. “When the Doctor’s dying, he, um, regenerates. Gets a new body.”
“What, just like that?”
“Yep.”
“But he looks younger.” Donna let out the smallest sound of a sob. “How can he be younger?”
Donna dabbed at her eye swiftly with a finger, whilst Jack rolled the palm of his hand comfortingly around her back.
“Are you alright, Donna?” the Doctor asked, finally having stopped admiring his reflection. His face showed real concern, and his back hunched slightly as he walked towards her.
“Don’t you dare use my name.” Donna spat angrily at the imposter.
“But,” the Doctor started.
“Don’t ‘but’ me, spaceman! Only the Doctor can use that name, the real Doctor, the proper skinny one!” Donna’s voice rose higher and more furious with every word. “No amount of pseudo-scientific nonsense is gonna convince me you’re him.”
“Donna-I am the Doctor.” He assured her, grasping her raging hand tightly in his soft glove.
“I wish I could believe you.” Donna stopped shouting, her voice carrying the air of a fairy tale.
“Trust me.” He flashed a smile at her. It was so warm, and welcoming, she couldn’t help but return it, so she...no.
“I’m sorry, no, just no,” she withdrew her hand and folded her arms tightly into the fold of her brown leather coat. “But look at you, you’re just a big streak of nothin’, alien nothin’! You’re not even a man, you’re like a weird...space boy type of thing!”
The Doctor stood incredulous as Donna waved her hand up and down his body flippantly to indicate him as she spoke.
“Donna, I promise you, I will take some getting used to, but it will get better, I swear.” He stressed, adopting that comforting voice again.
“How?” she asked, her open voice betraying her combative body language.
“I don’t know.”
The Doctor looked on the verge of tears himself. He had lost his friend, and through no fault of his own. Donna looked deep within him, and saw the Doctor. The real Doctor. 906 years of wisdom, reflecting in one flash, the emotion, the fear, the love, everything they had ever been through together and ever will.
“Doctor.” Donna forced herself to say his name. It was silent, delicate, and although it didn’t feel comfortable to her just then, it was right.
She opened her arms and strode towards the Doctor. As she welcomed him into her hug, the Doctor balanced his heavy chin on Donna’s shoulder. She craned her head to reach into his ear and as their warm bodies lingered, all she could manage to say was “Sorry.”

Last edited by Dalek on Thu 14 Sep 2017 - 19:47; edited 2 times in total
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Tue 12 Sep 2017 - 21:10

That was very well constructed. I loved the references from the Eleventh Hour too. Looking forward to how he's gonna cope with the Dalek fleet in post-regeneration crisis!
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Wed 13 Sep 2017 - 19:52

Thank you very much! No idea what happened with the formatting last night, my apologies, and I'll try and fix it now. In the meantime, here's chapter two! Nothing too different from the TV version, but hopefully a good read all the same.

Chapter Two-

Elsewhere across London, Sarah Jane Smith took the last gasp of her prolonged final breath. As she covered her face with her hands, and squished herself against the leather seat of her car, her life flashed before her eyes-not literally, of course, but she thought of everything she’d ever been through with the Doctor.

She’d defeated the Kraals, the Zygons, Sutekh, the Invincible Storm and her Entertainers of Fun Times and Jolly Days and here was her final end, brutally exterminated by a rogue pair of Daleks.

It was suitable really. She’d lived her whole life unexpectedly, why should her death be any different?

In a way, it was a perfect death for Sarah Jane. As well as being known for the most ruthless life form in the universe, Daleks are also known for taking the longest to kill you. Certainly, Sarah Jane wouldn’t have had time for so long an internal monologue if she’d been killed by a Sontaran.

As the Daleks screeched their last “Exterminate!” before they began to aim their weapons, two flashes of brilliant blue light materialised on either side of Sarah Jane’s Figaro. Although Sarah Jane couldn’t see them from her seat, she knew something had happened as she felt warm vibrations rippling through her car doors.

Sarah lowered her hands from in front of her face and the lights dissipated to reveal a familiar face to her, a man clad in black leathers and a less familiar face, a blonde woman, a similar height to Sarah, dressed stylishly in a blue frock coat. Both carried the same enormous weapon which resembled some futuristic gun. This suited the man’s appearance, not so much the woman’s.

Although still trapped in her car, Sarah could see the reflections of Mickey Smith and this other woman from her windscreen. As quickly as they had materialised, they aimed their heavy weapons which shot blinding lights from out of the nozzles, which impacted upon the pair of Daleks like a starving man descends on a hot meal.

The Daleks exploded ferociously, sending bronze debris scattering all over the street, and giving Sarah’s car a fair few scratches.

Gingerly, Sarah teased open her car door and looked at her old acquaintance Mickey with shock. She disregarded the other woman at first, a rude act which Sarah wouldn’t normally have done, but in her defence, she had no clue what was happening-she was just glad to be alive and see Mickey again.

As she looked at him, she uttered his name tenderly. She could scarcely believe he was here-well, it wasn’t so much it was here, it was more to do with how he was here, and how he’d come to own Torchwood classified weaponry and teleportation systems.

“Us Smiths gotta stick together!” was the only reply Mickey could make and although it wasn’t much, it was the best Sarah could get in these circumstances, and she was sort of glad for it.

She buried his head in his armpit happily, and he brought up his black gloved hand and caressed her shoulder carefully.

“Jackie Tyler, Rose’s Mum.” The feisty voice of the woman who’d joined them made Sarah’s head jerk up, and for the first time, she looked into the eyes of a woman who she knew was as determined as she was to put an end to all this, which she would never have suspected to look at her. “Now where the hell is my daughter?”
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 14 Sep 2017 - 9:28

Good stuff Dalek. But try and sort out the first chapter please and maybe make this a sticky note when complicated as you know it can disappear .
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Thu 14 Sep 2017 - 19:42

Thanks, I'll get to fixing Chapter One now, I've no idea what happened there. Meanwhile, chapter three is now completed! Again, no real difference to the TV scene but have a good read anyway and please review!

Chapter Three

Meanwhile, a similar miracle had happened across the country, in a cavernous underground base buried deep within the heart of Cardiff Bay.

Gwen Cooper, like Sarah Jane before her, bellowed out what she regrettably knew would be the very last gasp of her final breath. As the last of the air left her lungs, and she prepared for the heavy impact of the Dalek’s death ray, she blinked in astonishment to find that nothing had happened.

But in reality, something amazing had happened and as Gwen took in her surroundings, with a newfound appreciation after her near death experience, she was overwhelmed to find herself looking at what she could only think of as an act of God, and not looking at the blood stained shirt she feared her last memory would be of.

Looking at her colleague Ianto Jones with the same continued look of bafflement, she lowered her defences, as did she, and strode tenderly towards the unexplained.

The Dalek stood frozen in the cog of the Torchwood Hub’s door, surrounded by a sea of bullets suspended in the air. Tiny lines of movement streaked from the ends of each one, stretching out until they came to a climax in front of Gwen and Ianto in an invisible, vague dome like shape.

Ianto raised a cautious eyebrow as Gwen brought her finger up to stroke the air surrounding the bullets. Time remained paused as her touch created a target effect in the invisible dome, circles rippling out from the end of one of the bullets.

Gwen and Ianto were both thinking the same thing, but Gwen was the one who aired their thoughts to the empty cave.

“What the hell?!”
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sat 16 Sep 2017 - 8:53

Good...next part? Smile
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Sat 16 Sep 2017 - 19:52

Here's Chapter Four! As always, please read and review!

Chapter Four

In the TARDIS, the imposing cylindrical shape of the Time Rotor cast an imposing figure over Donna, Rose and Jack, sitting on the battered trio of seats adjacent to the central console studying this curious new figure.

The Doctor was still physically exploring his new body. After measuring the circumference of his belly button, and counting the amount of hairs on his fingertips, he had now lowered his shirt to the shoulder and was trying to lick off a birthmark.

“I still don’t get it.” Donna said abruptly, shocking Rose and Jack slightly from their self imposed silence.

“I thought you were okay with it?” Rose asked, a faint whisper of judgement in her tone.

“I am,” Donna started, but then forgot her words. “But the old Doctor was confident, y’know, and all that stuff. He’s just...weird.”

“The whole thing’s weird.” Rose laughed. “This is the second time I’ve been through this, and I’m still not sure I know what’s going on.”

“You think this is bad?” Jack smirked. “I’ve met all twelve of them-this new guy’s got nothing on ol’ sixie!” When Rose glanced at him with an unbelieving stare, he felt compelled to add “Time travel.”

“Right-o!” the Doctor clapped his hands, bringing all three companions’ heads snapping round to face him swiftly. He had covered his stained shoulder, and was now rubbing his hands together in the manner of a mad professor, whilst heading off towards a faraway corner of the TARDIS.

“Oi, spaceboy!” Donna yelled. “Where are you going?”

“Sorry!” the Doctor grinned, spinning round. “I’ve got to get a new costume.”

“Seriously?!” Donna put her hand on her hip. “There’s still Daleks outside, remember?”

“Yes! To hell with the skinny-boy!” He ran a disgusted stare down his outfit. “Don’t worry, I’ll be quick.”

He made off to the darker corner again, before spinning on his heel and heading towards his companions.

“Sorry, I’ve not said ‘hello’ yet, have I?” he asked, referring to Rose and Jack. “Hello, Jack.”

Jack gripped his hand tightly, and flashed his cheeky American smile at the Doctor.

“Hello, Rose.”

He secured Rose’s hand tenderly within his own, but she didn’t reciprocate as strongly. Her face left the Doctor with an impression that she was unhappy.

“I’m still the Doctor, you know?” the Doctor brought himself down slightly to Rose’s level. “Believe me.”

“It’s just-“ Rose started. “All we went through. You can’t expect me to just get used to you like that.” She demonstrated by clicking her fingers.

“I remember that.” The Doctor adopted that magical, fairytale voice again. “Adam Mitchell, worst companion ever? And the Mighty Jagrafess of the-“

“-Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe!” Rose finished off, giggling hyperactively.

“And this hand!” the Doctor ejaculated, bringing it up to Rose’s eyeline. “I lost in a sword fight with the Sycorax, Christmas Day! And here it is, eh? Isn’t that wizard?”

Rose was still giggling, shedding a slight tear at the warm memories invading her brain. Once she had stopped, she stared at the Doctor and gulped as she realised.

“You’re...still you?”

“I’m still me.”

The Doctor pulled Rose in tightly, so closely that her purple leather jacket threatened to dissolve into the Doctor’s slightly battered brown suit and become one huge entity.

As the Doctor and Rose rekindled their friendship, Donna turned to Jack, flipped her bright orange hair behind her air and grinned wildly.

“You can hug me, if you want.” Donna flirted. Awkwardly, Jack threw a slightly dirty laugh around in her throat. “No, really, you can hug me.” She added swiftly.
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sat 16 Sep 2017 - 20:28

This is good stuff. I can actually envision Smith acting this out.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top