free forum

The most tagged keywords

LastOfTheSonics' Fan Series - The Life of Elliot

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: LastOfTheSonics' Fan Series - The Life of Elliot

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Tue 19 Dec 2017 - 17:08

The Life of Elliot #28 – The Way It Has to Be:

After arriving at the lighthouse, Derrick, Charlie and Nate had found nothing. It was deserted, and the lighthouse wasn’t even functional. “There’s got to be something here!” Derrick protested. “Look around you!” Nate began, “There’s nothing here! No cabin, no people, no boats, nothing! No way of contacting home. Therefore, we resort to our original plan.” Derrick sighed and reluctantly agreed. “Fine. But just be aware, this could have some disastrous consequences.” This was a fact they were all very much aware of, but nonetheless took the risk, and sped off back towards the island.

In the village, tensions were high. Everyone was on edge after the meeting earlier that morning. As if things were not stressful enough, now a convoy of trucks and jeeps were rushing towards the village at high speed. “What fresh hell…” Elliot began whilst observing the dust-filled horizon.

“Look!” Nate pointed out the convoy, realising they were heading towards the village. “What do we do?” Derrick panicked. “I’ve got this,” Charlie stepped up, and redirected the speedboat to be slightly further behind the convoy. “Follow my lead…”

The first truck was painted with yellow stripes, Heavy and Lt. Matthew hopped off of it. The four other vehicles formed a blockade behind their leader. “What’s the point in bringing that many?” Maddison asked Ryan. From the other side of the village, another blockade of four trucks was formed. The ‘villagers’ were now fenced in. Two men were in each truck, one got out of each, while the others remained at the driver seat in case of emergency. From one of the trucks, Colonel Shepard appeared as well. “Well then…” Elliot stood in front of his group and elected himself as their speaker. “Here we are at last,” Lt. Matthew approached him. “Now I won’t waste any of your time, I’ll just cut right to the chase. The missile that we launched, it hit. Luckily for you it was just a decoy, it caused a minute explosion, nothing more. There were casualties, but no fatalities. It was merely a demonstration of our weaponry. So to that extent, we begin our invasion tomorrow. Which means we need to commit our final experiments. Take them!” Lt. Matthew ordered as the armed men raided the houses and took hold of everyone. “Stop this! Stop it right now!” Elliot put his hand out. “I’m warning you!” Lt. Matthew laughed at this, “What’re you gonna do? Take them all on?” Elliot looked at him, “I don’t need to,” he pulled out a handgun on Lt. Matthew…

“Be careful not to make any echoic sounds. We need to observe for now, we’ll rush when our group has leverage.” The three of them hid behind a rock formation, peering over it. “We could steal one of those trucks and just cause havoc?” Nate suggested. “Not while my fiancée is there…” Derrick pointed out, noticing she had just exited one of the houses.

“Lieutenant. First you assault me, and now you’re raiding me. What’s next?” Yvonne approached him. “Things are getting a little intense I think,” he referenced the fact that Elliot was pointing a gun at him, and all the armed men had guns pointed at members of Elliot’s group. “Why don’t we all just put the guns down?” Lt. Matthew suggested. “Nah. I’m not falling for that,” he kept the handgun steadily aimed at his head. “You realise that… you and your boyfriend Yvonne, you’ve just made things ten times worse for everyone.” She didn’t care, “You plan on loving your baby right?” he asked her, and she turned around in disgust at him, “Why are you helping these people then? Did they really fool you into believing their innocence?” he provoked an answer. “They are innocent. None of them here have pinned me against a wall, or bribed me into using my private yacht. No, it wasn’t bribe, it was blackmail. Get paid in cash or get paid in death. That was your ultimatum when you first visited us, right?” Lt. Matthew shook his head, “Without conflict there would not be peace. You can’t have one without the other.” Everyone was still for a moment. “Yvonne, dear… I think I ought to show you the way it has to be. It’s quite simple, really. I take all of these “innocent” people and then I achieve greatness by completing my experiments. Some of these people won’t even die, some will even evolve to the next stage of human evolution!” He looked up in pride of his achievements. “At the cost of innocent lives? You’re worse than I thought,” she calmly put her point across. “Oh I see, so by that logic I’m as bad as any Grade-A scientist. Murder for science is a concept that has always been around. It was here before us, and it will be here after us. You just have to accept it, that’s all,” he shrugged.

“What are they talking about?” Nate asked. “I have no idea whatsoever,” Charlie answered. For Nate, the game was completely changed. From behind the nearest blockade, he witnessed his brother Lamar appear and approach the village. “No…” his eyes widened upon seeing how enhanced his brother had become. “Nate? What is it?” Derrick saw the man, and he already knew who it was, “Nate, listen to me…” he turned around in fury, “Did you know about this?? Did you know he was alive?? And as a cyborg? And here?!” Derrick backed away slowly, “You did!” Nate was cross, and grabbed Derrick by his collar, “For years, every single night, I’ve wondered where he was. Dead or alive. And the whole time we were here, you didn’t think to tell me once?” Derrick felt ashamed, “Look at him! Look at all that metal on him! You clearly didn’t show mercy then, so why should I show mercy now?” Nate threw him down onto the road. “Every single night! Thinking of the exact same person! All the time I’ve been here, you didn’t tell me, never!” he started brutally hitting him. “Nate!” Charlie desperately attempted to pull him away, but he didn’t deter.

Lamar turned around, “Nate?” he quietly asked himself, “Nate!” he yelled out this time, grabbing everyone’s attention. Whilst Elliot was distracted, Lt. Matthew whacked the gun out of his hand and tackled him to the ground. Steven assaulted the guard who had hold of him, and took his AK47. He checked that it was loaded, and began spraying down the confused gunmen. He backed away down an opening between two of the houses. Several of the guards returned fire down the opening, but Steven had made it behind the houses. One guard tried to cut him off, but got himself killed. Peering into the opening, Steven and the two guards at the other end were exchanging fire. “Nate!” Lamar pulled his brother away from Derrick. “L-Lamar...?” Nate felt awe. “Look at you…” he examined all the technology that his brother had been enhanced with. Yvonne had picked up the handgun, and she too had hidden in an opening, taking shots at the guards. Eleanor had armed herself with an AK47 as well, although she was attacking from the top floor of her house. Most of the guards didn’t she where she was firing at them from. 

“Fall-back!” Lt. Matthew snatched a rifle from one of his men, and began shooting at Eleanor’s house rapidly. Shepard followed his lead with her Five-seveN pistol. As all the men backed away towards the trucks, they proved a flank for their leader. With everyone distracted by Eleanor, Steven moved up through the opening, and aimed his rifle at the guard flanking right, killing him. Lt. Matthew ran out of ammo, so he threw the rifle at the ground, and hopped on his truck. Heavy reversed it quickly through the opening in the blockade. “Don’t let them get away!” Elliot commanded, as he picked up the forgotten pistol, and started firing at the truck. “Come on everyone!” he gestured for everyone to follow him, so they did. Steven, Yvonne, Eleanor, Elliot and Lamar all sprayed bullets at the escaping convoy. “We’re not gonna stop until they’re dead!” Elliot called out, and started running after the convoy. Steven switched out his AK47 with a UMP submachine gun which had been used by one of the now-dead guards. Four of them continued charging onwards, firing at the convoy…

LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 21 Dec 2017 - 17:19

The Life of Elliot #29 – Sacrifice:

Charlie watched as Elliot rallied his band and fired off towards the convoy. Meanwhile, Lamar was still explaining to his brother why he’d been unable to see him all this time. “So you see, that ‘chip’ stopped me from leaving the facility. If it wasn’t for Derrick, I truly would have died. You should be grateful for him, and I don’t think that beating him savagely is quite a way to show gratitude…” Nate looked apologetic, but at the same time felt Derrick still deserved it for not speaking out sooner. “I know what you’re thinking,” Derrick said to Nate, “I didn’t tell you for the sake of myself and Yvonne. Either one of us could have been hurt or even killed. You must understand, we all have loved ones…” Nate nodded, and although on the outside he appeared to understand, on the inside he still felt slightly justified.

They refused to give up: Steven, Yvonne, Elliot and Eleanor continued charging after the convoy. Although it could easily outmatch their speed, the bullets were agile enough to pierce the vehicles. After some time, returning fire began. Assault rifles peered out of windows and fired in irregular patterns at the pursuers. “Wait for us!” Lamar caught up with them, holding his minigun-amputated arm steadily. Charlie had taken one of the AK47s. In the distance, Steven noticed Nate taking Derrick into the village, with Ryan and Maddison rushing to assist. “Remarkable,” Eleanor began, “The two people who have just been shot are up and running around here, I must say that’s determination at its finest”, she was of course referring to Elliot and Steven who examined their bandages again. “Look they’re getting away now!” Steven sounded frustrated. “It doesn’t matter; you did as I asked Lamar?” Elliot asked. “Yes, and I must say, it’s quite an ingenious plan. Fooling the enemy, a second time using the same tactic,” they exchanged a smile of smartness. “What plan? What happened?” Steven asked, confused. “Are we in range for it to work?” Elliot ignored Steven’s queries, and returned to Lamar. “Well, that’s the down side. I’m afraid we still have to be within the radius for it to work.” The ambiguity had everyone on edge. “Dammit. Do you have it?” Now people began to think they were deliberately being ambiguous. “Yes, here.” Now it made sense, Lamar produced a detonator from his high tech suit and handed it to Elliot. “Fabulous, now get everyone off this island. Leave the rest to me. Just one more thing, I need a rifle.” Everyone looked confused, was on earth was Elliot holding a detonator? “Here, I guess?” Although she was confused, Charlie still gave him her AK47. “Thanks. My first time using this, probably the last as well. But hey, I’m a fast learner.” Elliot began sprinting off, but turned back again, “Stay safe. Goodnight.” He said, as he continued rushing towards the facility.

Everyone returned to the village, and Lamar gathered them all. “Listen, we have to get out of here,” he began his announcement, Ryan and Maddison were wary of him since they hadn’t seen him before. “We have to leave this island right now. I get that some of us are badly beaten,” he glanced over to Derrick, “But if we don’t go now, we will meet our fate, and it’s not a happy ending.” Everyone wondered the same thing, but it took Ryan to actually voice the question, “Where’s Elliot? Why are we leaving without him?” Lamar looked towards the facility, “He’ll be ok. But we just have to focus on ourselves for now.” Ryan shrugged, “I’m not leaving without him. No offense, but I don’t know anything about you. You could be walking us into a trap for all we know.” Lamar understood his concerns, but didn’t have time for them. “Right whoever does trust me, start loading people onto the speedboat, and get them back to the yacht. With a bit of luck, we can find a way to patch up the engine and get out of here.” Derrick had noticed an error with this, “How did you even know the yacht was out there? And that it was damaged? And that we used a speedboat?” But Derrick’s suspicions were shot down instantly, “It’s not that hard to notice an abandoned yacht in the distance on the sea, nor a speedboat that is literally a few metres away. As for the engine, well I can see the bullet holes on the ship, besides why else would you abandon it?” Derrick didn’t have time to rebut this argument.

“Alright, we’ll need to go in groups. The speedboat can only hold three or four people at max. Therefore, I recommend that the teens get out of here first. Ryan, Maddison and Olivia, go with my lovely fiancée, she’ll take you to the speedboat. In case of ambush, several of us have rifles, we’ll defend you. Now come on, get moving!” Olivia and Maddison wasted no time, and fell in line behind Yvonne. Ryan however stood behind, “I’m waiting for Elliot to come back. We’re not leaving without him!” Lamar had no choice now other than the tell him the truth, “Elliot has gone to save you. To save all of us. This is ridiculous, this whole thing. He’s putting an end to it. Now go!” But Ryan still didn’t shift, “Then he’ll come back and we’ll leave with him, surely?” Lamar took a deep breath, “He’s not coming back…”

The convoy had been ditched outside the facility, the vehicles just left scattered. The party had rushed inside, and two guards patrolled the front. Since Elliot was inexperienced with a large rifle, he switched out to the Glock firstly, and aimed it steadily taking shots at the two guards. The bullets scraped both of them, but he wasn’t accurate enough to kill. Instead, he moved in for the kill, and showed no mercy when doing so.

Since Ryan refused to leave, his slot was instead given to Eileen. The speedboat had successfully made it to the yacht. “Stay here, stay down. If anything happens, there’s three emergency flares in a box next to the stairs.” They acknowledged this, and rushed her back in the boat to save the others.

Elliot rushed his way through the facility. He could use the rifle at close-range as there would be less recoil. He took down multiple guards, before finally making his way to the meeting room. All the lieutenants were gathered inside. Colonel Shepard jumped out of her seat and raised her Five-seveN, but Elliot shot first with his rifle, killing her. “No one tries anything. If you so much as scratch yourself, I’ll kill you.” There were five lieutenants seated around the table now that Shepard was dead. “I must say, you are bold to make a move like this,” Lt. Matthew complimented him. Heavy began to stand up slowly, but Elliot immediately pointed the rifle at him. “Stand down,” Lt. Matthew ordered his comrade. “What do you want?” he asked Elliot, “For this to end,” he bluntly answered. “And by your definition, what is the “end”?” He smiled cunningly and dropped the rifle, switching it out for the detonator. “You remember this box? Right? The box that I used to kill Salatin with?” Lt. Matthew interrupted him, “A box that didn’t work might I add.” Elliot’s cunning smile returned, “Yeah, didn’t. But does now.” Lt. Matthew stood up with his hands raised, “Can you imagine, Elliot. Imagine what the Doctor would think if he could see you now.” Elliot looked angrier, “Reverse the question. Imagine what I would think if I could see the Doctor now? After all, he indirectly caused this. Everyone who died from your actions, it ultimately roots back to him. Every single one of them.” Elliot positioned his thumb over the button again, but started to sweat and shiver. “You can’t do it, can you?” Lt. Matthew taunted him, and laughed, “You’re a joke. Trying to be a hero, all your friends out there are going to die. Just like your girlfriend did. Why? Because of you and your failed heroics!” Elliot was mentally being told to press it, but he couldn’t bring himself to do so. “Eventually Elliot, you’ll have to surrender, or die. Your choice. You can’t just stand there all day and-” He squinted and pressed the button, there was a second interval before the entire facility detonated. All of it, the entire thing blew up, and turned into flames…

Everyone was on the yacht now, even Ryan after some level of persuading. Everyone had heard and could see the explosion, they looked back in confusion and fear. “Elliot…” Ryan turned away, comforted by Maddison. Despite the intensity of this explosion, it hadn’t captured Eileen’s attention, she was still in shock.

The complete facility was in ruins; the explosion had released the horrible creatures on the island. The Pentademons were attracted by the flames, all the zombies had escaped, although several gas containers were still intact, including the SM-52 capsule. Other horrific creatures had escaped too. One such example was a giant mosquito which took to the sky, followed by several others of its species. Another example was the last remaining Weevil on the island. There were also giant fish-like creatures with legs, which headed straight towards the ocean, diving into the water. From the yacht, everyone watched in terror as hell was unleashed from the Island. But from the rubble, there were still survivors. Elliot used his remaining strength to lift a metal plank off of himself. He coughed as he positioned his head upwards. However, he realised he had done more harm than good upon seeing the amount of terrible things which he had released. He was too weak to talk, and no help was coming for him. After all, everyone would now assume he was dead…

“Finally!” Derrick cheered as he had assistance from Lamar with fixing the engine. “Let’s get that motor started!” As the yacht began revving, there was another issue. “Yvonne?” Lamar noticed she was staring oddly out the window. As she turned around, her skin had completely glazed over and her eyes were bloodshot. She unbuttoned her jacket, revealing a bite mark on her abdomen. Lamar, having been here for enough time, knew exactly how the bite worked. If a zombie bit you, you would reanimate anywhere within a few minutes to a few days. For Yvonne, the case had appeared to be the latter. “Derrick!” Lamar called out, as he rushed towards his calling. “Yvonne? No, no, no!” He broke down as she fell into his arms.

After the yacht had gotten far enough into the sea, a makeshift funeral had been held. Yvonne’s body was stretched out on a small table. “Be free, my beautiful,” Derrick broke down in tears as he said goodbye to her, “Be free…” he tilted up the table, sending her corpse into the sea, to free her – and the unborn child’s – spirit forever…

End of Volume 2!

LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 24 Dec 2017 - 9:57

Volume 3 begins here!

The Life of Elliot #30 – The New World:

ONE YEAR LATER – 15th November 2018
The streets of London were nothing like they used to be. Men in black-clad armour patrolled the streets, sporting helmets, balaclavas and orange visors. They were equipped with assault rifles and pistols, smoke grenades too. The biggest change was the new giant screens that had been established in every major part of the city. Occasionally, a broadcast would play. Although it was the same message every day: “Citizens of London. Fear us not. For we are the new world order. I am your new Prime Minister, Declan Brown,” Declan was a slightly above middle-aged man, and had been the mastermind behind the entire operation in the first place, “Allow me to inform you of changes to our British political system. The most pressing factor is that there will no longer be an Opposition, or a Shadow Cabinet as some of you may know it better as. Instead, it has been reformed into what we call ‘The Extension’. They have been established to deal with important issues which our primary government are unable to deal with for one reason or another. A new ruler has been elected for this party, Chancellor Aidan,” he was of course referring to Dr. Aidan who had somehow survived his encounter with Leslie, “Finally, you will have noticed our soldiers dispatched all over the streets. These are the Justices of Peace, fear them not for they are here to secure a civil and safe England. Co-operate with them, and life will be easier for all of us.”

The screen started to flicker between Declan and Elliot, eventually Elliot’s broadcast took its place. “People of Great Britain!” Only a year had passed, and Elliot was 16 now, but he looked sophisticatedly older than before; although this could be due to the fact that his beard was clearly growing along the sides of his face, and his voice was now a lot deeper too. “Take a look around you. Take a look at these soldiers! Oh sorry, I mean JPs. I must say, I’ve never heard of guns being used to secure peace in a neutral area. This is London! Not a warzone!” The civilians on the streets began examining the armed men. “This ‘New World’ is not good for any of us! Do you know how many people DIED for these people to get into power? I’ll tell you: too many! My best friend, an associate of mine, a pregnant woman and her child!” Elliot deliberately emphasised the “child” part to win emotional support. “How can you trust them? Join us! Join our Resistance! We shall fight back against Minister Brown! We can reform this country into the People’s Republic of Great Britain! Overthrow these people! It’s our duty!” The broadcast ended.  

“And we’re off!” A woman cut the camera focused on Elliot. As he turned around, a large parade of civilians started applauding him, some familiar faces among them too; Steven, Ryan, Eleanor, and a few others who were elsewhere. “Thank you, thank you,” Elliot quietened them. “Today is the beginning. The beginning of something far larger than this political revolution. Today is the beginning of the Uprising. Every day, more and more people join our cause. Some of you may have faith in me due to what I’ve created at such a young age. A sixteen-year-old spawning an entire Resistance? Unprecedented! Some of you on the other hand may not. But that doesn’t matter. Because we WILL win. We shall reform this country into a Republic! A new era! An era not ruled by fear or tyranny, but by peace, and above all, fair justice and order; two traits which our current government seems to lack. Yesterday morning, a man named Paul joined our group. This is Paul here,” Elliot gestured for him to join him, “Paul was counted as the 1000th person to join our Resistance!” Everyone applauded, cheered and whistled. “And I can assure you, the more time that passes, the less time needed to get to 2,000! There are people all over the country who are with us all the way! But for one reason or another, they cannot put themselves forward for our group. Perhaps to protect their family, perhaps out of fear, perhaps out of range of our base. It matters not. We will rally this country; we will overthrow the evil powers. If I can survive an entire building collapsing on top of me, then this country can survive these parasites!” Elliot raised his fist, as a symbol of everlasting peace. Everyone applauded and cheered once again, joining him in raising their fists.

The underground base was huge, and part of it even expanded into a ghost station. There were many different types of facilities: Sleeping quarters, toilets, armouries, even gaming rooms. Everything the Resistance needed to survive was under here. They had members on the surface too who gave them access to fresh water and food. Of course, the Resistance could try to live on the surface, but with their names & faces marked, and CCTV on every street corner now, as well as those new ‘security’ men, they would be slain instantly. The alarm lights on the walls began flashing red, blaring out an ‘incoming’ siren. “Incoming!” Nate, Eleanor and – a new face – Gabriel, had just finished a reconnaissance patrol through the underground stations. In the year that had passed, the new government had re-established relics from the past. One of these ‘relics’ were robotic Yeti. Formerly used by the Great Intelligence, they had now been modified to kill any living being, hence why the locomotive industry had been disposed of in South England; removing the train network made people believe it was the Resistance’s fault due to their underground super-base. Two of these robotic Yeti had been spotted by the recon group. “Elliot!” Eleanor called him over, “General Elliot, you mean?” He taunted, “Whatever, even if you’re the leader of this group, I’m still more experienced. So follow my plan carefully…”

The two Yeti lumbered through the underground tunnel, roaring out occasionally. They turned a corner and reached the ghost station which allowed entry into the Resistance base. This entrance was heavily fortified and guarded 24/7. The Yeti were strong however, and with one soft blow they knocked the defences to the entrance right out. One of the Yeti had a gun, this weapon had been modified to shoot laser bolts rather than webs/fungi now. “Open fire!” Gabriel called out as he and the five others guarding the entrance unleashed their rifle clips on it. The bullets were ineffective, and the armed Yeti took down two of the fighters right away. Gabriel’s carbine ran out of ammunition, and he pulled out his radio, “You better have that thing loaded! They’re already here!” He sounded panicked, and retreated up the stairs. The two other fighters backed away slowly too, but the Yeti killed one of them. The surviving one had run out of ammunition, and sprinted to take the rifle off of his deceased comrade, but this action got him killed himself. The two Yeti roared, and chased Gabriel up the narrow stairway.

“Elliot they’re right behind me! Hurry up and do it already!” Gabriel darted into the nearest emergency shelter, where most other fighters had been ordered to go. However, some were standing in a defensive formation with firearms. As Elliot noticed the first Yeti’s shadow, he raised the grenade launcher and shot the first grenade. It could be heard rolling down the stairs, and then exploding. “Did it hit?” Eleanor asked. “I’m not sure”. Just in case, Elliot primed the grenade launcher again, the barrel revolving to have the next grenade ready. He edged forward slowly, with two fighters flanking him. He made it to the corner, and quickly peered around. One of the Yeti had been taken down by the grenade, and the entire ghost station had been slightly damaged too. “Gabriel said there were two. So where’s the other one…?”

WRITER’S NOTE: Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 29 Dec 2017 - 9:31; edited 1 time in total

LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Tue 26 Dec 2017 - 18:47

The Life of Elliot #31 – Sister’s Keeper:

10 Downing Street was no longer a place. It had been demolished in the year that had passed. Instead, a citadel tower had been established, although the upper half was still in construction. The bottom/complete section was 120 metres high, with another 80 metres still being worked upon. The resulting height therefore was set to be 200 metres high in total. Minister Brown moved his office up a floor every time a new level was completed and checked. The plan was for him to be right at the top. To avoid confusion with the other tallest building in London, the shard was set to be demolished in the near future. The Extension party, run by Chancellor Aidan, had its own separate building established in Canary Wharf, naturally another building being added to the complex caused conflict among workers there. Some lost their jobs for threatening to join the Resistance; and in most cases they followed through with that threat.

Meanwhile in the Resistance base, several small squadrons had been dispatched to hunt down the remaining Yeti. Each group had been given heavy artillery in some form; for one group that was a grenade launcher, for another that was a detonator and bombs. Elliot was keeping in touch with the groups via radio. “Elliot…” Ryan had arrived, but Elliot was in the middle of a conversation over the radio, so ignored him. Next to Ryan was a young girl, one or two years younger than himself and Elliot. “Elliot listen,” Ryan persisted but was still ignored. “Ok Gabriel, keep me informed. Over and out.” He put the radio down. “Ryan there are more important matters than-” his expression dropped from one of boredom to one of shock and awe. “Kira?” Elliot was electrified by the sight of his niece…

Elliot had taken his niece to have a conversation in a private room. Ryan, Derrick and Olivia waited outside. “Do you think I should go in?” Ryan asked, but the other two disagreed. “Hey guys!” Maddison strolled over to them, but they all shushed her; planting a confused look on her face.

In the private room, Elliot was getting annoyed with his niece. “No! It means no, Kira. You’re too young and too inexperienced to be a part of this.” She was persistent however, “No! My mum always tells me that it’s better to try and do the right thing than to take the easy route and do wrong. This is the right thing to do! I get it, things are… odd. But just because you’ve left school now and I’m still in Year 10 doesn’t mean that you’re suddenly a lot older than me!” Elliot snapped, “It’s not about age, Kira! It’s not even as if I left school voluntarily! You haven’t experienced anyway near as much as I have. There are things I could tell you, you wouldn’t believe me. These things deterred me from doing Sixth Form, which is what I originally would be doing right now. So do yourself a favour, go back to your mother, give her my regards.” Elliot headed towards the door, “But Uncle Elliot!” he shivered upon hearing those words. “Don’t, Kira. Please, just don’t.” But she did, “Why? You are my uncle, so why can’t I call you that?” He took a deep breath, “There was… a girl. My best friend. One day… she would’ve been your aunt. I had a vision… a future, the future I wanted. It’s too late now…” Elliot opened the door and walked away in silence. Kira watched him, confused by what he meant.

“Ryan! Hey!” Maddison tried to keep up with him as he headed into his quarters. “Listen sorry if I interrupted anything earlier.” Ryan shook his head, “No it’s ok Maddison, things are just tense right now.” She nodded her head, “Yeah, my mum is still in denial even after all this time.” Ryan felt sorry, but didn’t want to show this. “So what’s the deal with that girl? And why’s Elliot so against her?” Ryan didn’t feel as though it was his place to tell her, but then when he looked back he noticed Elliot hovering outside the door. “She’s my niece,” Unexpectedly, he answered Maddison’s question. “It’s not safe for her here.” Maddison protested, “Why not? I’m here aren’t I? I’m the same age as her. Heck, there’s even kids around here somewhere.” Elliot didn’t listen to reason, “Only because their families joined us. Kira’s family are still on the surface. Her mother is up there, her father is up there, her grandparents are somewhere.” Maddison still didn’t feel it right to refuse her, “And her Uncle is down here, with us. Elliot, I get it, she’s your niece. But with all due respect, who are you to deny her from attempting to change the world?” Elliot shook his head, “No. Final answer. Ryan, do me a favour. Make sure Kira is safely back with my sister before tonight. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to get back to the Radio. We’re in the middle of hunting robot Yeti… Sounds ridiculous, but people HAVE died because of them.” Without another word, Elliot headed back to his office. Maddison glanced back at Ryan, both of them thinking the same thing.

“Wait! We’ve got something!” Gabriel reported over the radio. “Elliot, we have movement in the distance, possibly one larger figure or two smaller ones. Hard to tell from this distance. Shall we move in?” Elliot convened mentally for a moment, “Proceed with caution Gabriel. It could be dangerous whatever it is. Make sure you have it at gunpoint, over.” Gabriel acknowledge this order, as Elliot could hear their footsteps over the open channel. “Oh no!” Gabriel yelled out, followed by a bellowing roar; it was the Yeti. Elliot could hear them shooting at it over the radio, “Gabriel retreat instantly! Note your position and retreat!” The radio was cutting in and out, “Gabriel, do you copy? Retreat! Repeat, Retreat!” Elliot kept repeating this command, as he heard screams from the men, the men running away, and roars from the Yeti. “Where’s your grenadier?” The radio was still cutting out, but Gabriel could just about make out what Elliot had said. “We split up into two teams Elliot, the grenadier isn’t with us!” He rolled his eyes, “Fine then! I’m organising a squadron to take it down. Get back to base ASAP! Over and out!” He hooked the radio on his side. “I heard that,” Kira had appeared, “All of it. I want to help, so let me. Please…”

“Alright listen up, I’m only saying it once,” Elliot had assumed a ‘drill sergeant attitude’, “This… thing, is extremely hostile. If you see it, retreat instantly. Do not engage it in combat. You are to summon either me or Colonel Charlie. Both of us will be armed with grenade launchers. You are only allowed firearms for defensive purposes, do not use them on the Yeti, it will be pointless. Additionally, we only have two flamethrowers, therefore neither of them are to be taken out either. The RPG is too powerful and would destroy the tunnel, however the grenade launchers will not cause as much of an uproar or alarm. Everyone understand?” Elliot received “Yes Sir!” from all of the squadron. He was still surprised at how in little over a year he had gone from being a below-average school student to being the General of a militia. Each fighter checked their handguns were loaded, before being lead out by Charlie, who was indeed equipped with a grenade launcher.
There were supposed to be eight fighters in the squadron, plus Elliot and Charlie, however Kira had been snuck in as well. She desired to experience what the Resistance was like. Everyone aside from Elliot and Charlie were aware of her presence. In fact, one of the fighters was as old as her too. “Silence!” Elliot noticed a shadow from around the corner, and gestured for everyone to back against the wall. As the shadow grew closer and larger, both leaders raised their launchers and primed them. As soon as Gabriel and Seth – another new face that had joined Elliot’s resistance – appeared from around the corner, Elliot instantly lowered the launchers. “False alarm!” Elliot called out, “What’re you doing? Hurry up men!” They were out of breath, and they had dropped the guns along the way too. “The rest of our party… all dead… the Yeti… it’s there…” Gabriel was gasping for air, pointing out another shadow. “Ready!” Elliot and Charlie now got off the wall and stood on the railway. However, this time the shadow was making a louder screeching noise. It grew louder and louder. Lights appeared from around the corner. Both of them quickly worked out what it was, “That’s no Yeti!” Elliot turned around, screaming at everyone to run back to the nearest platform. For a train was coming around the corner…

LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 29 Dec 2017 - 9:30

The Life of Elliot #32 – Back from the Dead:

Running as fast as they could, the group narrowly made it onto the platform; barely missing the train. However, the train stopped at their platform regardless. The doors opened. At first, no one came out, and the squad edged closer to it, guns at the ready. Charlie had switched out to her pistol, although Elliot was still ready with the grenade launcher. “Knock, knock!” A muffled voice called out from inside, banging their fists against the metal twice. “Who’s there?” Elliot lowered himself to this comedic standard, gesturing for his group to have their guns pointed at all the doors. They spread out across the platform just in case this person was a distraction. “Someone you know, Elliot.” He looked surprised, “How do you know my name?” Hearing a noise behind him, Elliot turned around, only to notice his niece. “Kira! I told you to go home! It isn’t safe for you here! Go!” His voice was low, but he was still clearly annoyed. “Who’s on the train?” She asked, undermining his previous order. “Did you not just hear me young lady?” He sounded like a parent, so she taught her uncle a lesson, “Two things. Firstly, I’m literally two academic years beneath you. Secondly, you’ve denied me from your “crew”, therefore you can’t command me General!” Elliot backed down. “You’re right. Maybe I should just stay at home.” She began to walk off, but turned back around, “Maybe you are too.” She was attempting to sway mind set, but he wasn’t falling for it. “There are more important things right now!” Speaking of which, “Yes, indeed there are.” The man from the train appeared at the door, it was indeed a familiar face: Lieutenant Matthew. “No…” Elliot was shocked. From a door farther along the platform, another familiar face had also appeared: Heavy. “But… You’re dead! Both of you!” They were both smiling, “You survived, Elliot. So did we,” Lt. Matthew smiled, as one last familiar face appeared. “Corporal Jax?” Although Elliot didn’t know him as well, he remembered that this was the pilot who flew him straight past Lucy’s untimely fall to death. Elliot’s face filled with grief and shock…

“How did you do that? The train network was taken down months ago…” Elliot was confused. “We have our ways,” Lt. Matthew had assembled Heavy and Jax behind him now. The triad strolled around like they owned the place. “How did you know to find us here?” Elliot had more than a thousand questions, but only asked the important ones. “We were fully aware you’d established an opposing force; the whole of Great Britain in fact is aware of this. We had the impossible tasking of locating your base. And of course using the ingenuity of yours sincerely, I was able to engineer those robotic Yeti to obey my commands. They were once commanded by an alien life force, however our modifications allowed them to run independently.” Elliot understood more clearly now, “So they weren’t government tools after all. Those were just your attempts to… what? Flush us out?” Lt. Matthew grinned, “Bullseye. We’re nothing to do with the government. Oh no, not at all. Despite how hard we worked to achieve this, Declan – the trashy Prime Minister – assumed we had perished in that explosion. Now, it’s time for you to repay what you owe, Elliot.” He pulled out a gun, but instantly all the Resistance fighters did too. “You can’t win Lieutenant. Whatever you try to do here, you’ll fail. But for the sake of our beliefs, I’ll hear you out.” Everyone slowly lowered their guns, bar several Resistance units. “Tuesday morning, every week. You are going to supply us with guns, ammunition, luxuries, and whatever other resources we desire. No strings attached, just us three. We’re sort of like Mercenaries now.” Elliot laughed that request off, “Mercenaries? You helped shape this government. And if you are, why aren’t you offering your services to Minister Brown? He should be indebted to you after all”. “A simple reason, my… friend. Declan doesn’t rehire. As soon as we appear in his view, he’ll have us slaughtered. We’re supposed to be dead, and as the Prime Minister, he’ll want to keep the death records continuous. Imagine how many political issues that would cause? A ‘misinformed’ death indeed.” Elliot still found his offer nothing more than mediocre at best. “And if we refuse? What are you gonna do? Sell out the location of our base to the government? You said it yourself, you’ll get slain if you even try. Now that’s it, good day gentlemen. Seth, Gabriel, get them out of here.”

As they went to escort them out, Lt. Matthew completed his ultimatum, “You’re right, Elliot. Besides, they wouldn’t be able to bomb this place successfully. And a squadron of soldiers would easily get mowed down by you; at least until they give up. I’m thinking of taking matters into my own hands. You see, you’re the only people brave enough to start a rebellion against the government anyway. That means if you die, this protest dies. The spark will be out, and that’s it. This New World will remain. You see, allow me to use a trick you once – well, twice – used on me.” Lt. Matthew pulled out a detonator; Jax and Heavy smiling cunningly. “There are explosives placed all across this underground. Your super-base would collapse, but so would this part of London. You’d be condemning both, people you’ve taken control of, and innocent people alike, to death. Could you really live with that? Well, of course not. Could your spirit live with that? You survived an explosion once, I doubt you’ll physically do it again.” Elliot was still laughing, “You’re bluffing. There’s no way you’d have been able to place all those explosives down without a reconnaissance patrol noticing you.” Kira stood backed away from her Uncle, she was terrified; as were most the people in the room. “Fine. I’m bored. Let’s test your theory.” Lt. Matthew raised his hand, preparing to smack it down on the button with great force. As he went to do so, Steven tackled him to the wall. “No!” Lt. Matthew threw him off, the detonator slid across the floor. Jax and Heavy wrestled the fighters to reclaim it, albeit carefully. The fighters fled and scattered with the detonator, leading Jax and Heavy on a lengthy chase. Steven and Lt. Matthew meanwhile were taking hits at each other in a physically intense fight. “Uncle Elliot! Please! Stop this!” Kira begged him, but Elliot was stranded for a resolution to this scenario…

“That all you got?” Steven punched Lt. Matthew, as he retaliated in the same way. Steven tackled him to the wall, as his foe slammed his fists on the back of Steven’s head. Falling back, Lt. Matthew ran back towards the train. “Get back here!” Steven pursued him. “Steven don’t!” Elliot called out, but was completely ignored.

“It’s over Lieutenant! Give up! Just accept your fate already,” Steven’s face had cuts and bruises scattered all over it. “It’s not over. It’s never over.” Lt. Matthew hit one the emergency release buttons, opening the only door on the train that remained shut. Groans emitted from it, as a horde of zombies staggered off the train. Steven looked horrified, and rushed back to prepare everyone. Lt. Matthew watched from a safe distance as chaos unfolded.

“You should’ve gone while you had the chance Kira,” Elliot was serious with his niece, “I warned you things would go wrong.” She didn’t regret her decision at all, but instead chose to arm herself with a handgun. “How does this work?” Elliot was shocked to see her completely ignore him. “Kid,” Lamar and Nate had appeared, “You see that switch? The safety is on. Flick it to turn it off.” Elliot couldn’t believe this, “Lamar! Look at her! She’s too young to use a firearm!” However, he disagreed, “There are people younger than her here. Some of which can and have used sniper rifles. Besides, we’re a growing cause. We need people just like her. They start young, and grow up, gaining experience along the way. Look out!” Lamar warned Elliot as the horde appeared from around the corner. “Get down!” Lamar’s arm-minigun had been replaced by a prosthetic hand. Using his real arm, he armed himself with a MAC-10. Jax and Heavy had looped back around, with the detonator in their possession. “Stop! Let the zombies in!” Jax ordered, with his hand hovering over the detonator…
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 11:14

The Life of Elliot #33 – Killer:

Everyone was armed, some aiming at the horde, some at Jax. “Listen to me, you don’t need to this.” Elliot reached his hand out, trying to deter them from using the detonator. As the horde grew closer, the zombies attacked the unsuspecting fighters. More and more began pouring in. Paul, Seth and Gabriel were slowly appearing from the corner, unnoticed by Jax or Heavy. They edged closer in an attempt to steal the detonator from them. Nate glancing over at them had accidentally given the surprise away, Jax turned around holding the detonator out. Everyone jolted back upon the sound of a gun firing; followed by a bullet hole appearing on Jax’s arm. Seth jumped to the ground to catch the detonator. He carefully caught it without touching the button. As Jax bled out, a second shot was fired, also surprising everyone. Elliot turned around, his face filling with horror upon noticing Kira holding the pistol that had just been fired. “Kira!” Elliot was genuinely terrified. Kira aimed it towards Heavy now and shot him. “No!” Elliot dived at her, smacking the pistol out of her hands. “Stop! You’re out of control girl!” she slapped him, “No Uncle, you’re out of control. Look at what you allowed to happen!” She pointed at the zombies who were sinking their teeth into several fighters. Many had backed away. “What are you waiting for? Dispose of them!” Elliot commanded, as they all readjusted to reality following Kira’s actions. Two men now lie dead in the room…

“Minister, several reports of gunshots from underground have been submitted,” an advisor informed Declan, “It’s quite possibly the Resistance defending themselves against intruders.” The Prime Minister thought to himself carefully. “Send a party down there. If there are any Resistance fighters or any signs of a base, tell them to report back. They are not to engage in direct combat, otherwise the Resistance will have time to move out. You have your orders; do as I have requested.” The advisor nodded, and left the office.

Once the zombies had been cleared out, Elliot and a small party headed through the stairs towards the platform. On their way, Steven had been found by one of the escalators. He was sweating all over, and he looked very ill. “Steven? What’s wrong? My goodness! Your temperature!” Elliot was confused as to what had caused this. “Wait a minute,” Derrick had seen something like this before. “Where is it?” he asked Steven. “Where’s what?” Elliot interrupted. Steven was reluctant at first, but ultimately decided to comply. He rolled up his sleeve, revealing a bite mark on his right arm. “Dammit,” Derrick backed away, upset. “A bite mark? From a zombie? What does that mean?” Elliot had an idea, but had hoped it not to be true. Derrick reluctantly answered, “The infection, that’s how it works. You get bitten or scratched by a zombie, and the plague spreads to you. Steven, I’m so sorry.” But Elliot pushed him away, “Whoa, whoa, whoa! You’re telling me he’s about to TURN into one of those things?” Derrick had to answer truthfully, but with sadness, “I’m afraid so. It’s how Yvonne died. Elliot,” he took his hand, “For his own sake, we have to put him down.” Elliot’s face filled with sadness and terror; he couldn’t bear to lose another great friend…

Derrick had gone back to summon Olivia; if anyone was going to put Steven down, it had to be his sister. “Steven…” Elliot began, “You’ve done, so much for me. In the short time we’ve known each other, you’ve saved mine and others’ lives so many times. You’re possibly one of the bravest people I’ve ever met. You put yourself on the line to save others. And judging by this scenario, you clearly tried to save others again. But… you’re not invincible, it would seem.” Elliot’s eyes began to water. “Hard to believe, it’s only been a year,” he continued, “And yet… It’s like I’ve known you my whole life… like a brother.” He took his hand, and shook it. “Thank you…” tears began to form, “So much…” Steven smiled at him in response, but he was losing consciousness now.

Lt. Matthew had fled back to the train unnoticed. He had rushed to the conductor’s room in an attempt to get it working again. However, with the underground system having been put out of action for quite some time now, he was having difficulty getting it started again by himself. “This way!” Several Resistance fighters called out from a distance, Seth and Gabriel among them. Lt. Matthew crouched and ventured further down the train.

“What’s going on?” Olivia asked, returning with Derrick. Elliot looked up at her, crying. “Elliot…? Why are you-” She didn’t need to ask the question once she had noticed the bite mark on Steven’s arm. “No…” she too began crying, and dropped to her knees. “Brother… Steven…” she embraced him, but she backed away due to how much he was sweating. “He was unlucky…” Derrick hated to say this, but he had to state the facts, “Sometimes, you can last 2 or 3 days before you turn. But sometimes, the infection can spread within a matter of minutes. It appears that Steven… suffered the latter…” Derrick kept remembering how he had to deal with his fiancée when she was bitten. “Olivia… I’m so sorry, but you have to do this…” She looked over to him and stood up, “On one condition,” she wiped the tears away, “You get out of here. You leave the Resistance; you return to society. You take Maddison with you as well as Ryan, I can’t stand either of them.” Now Elliot stood up, “Olivia, that’s not your decision to make,” he felt insulted, wiping tears away from his eyes. “You care about Steven like a brother, like how I do - well, he actually is my brother, unlike you Elliot. If you really do care about him, you’ll do what I ask to give him a peaceful send-off…” Elliot refused her request, “No.” There was nothing to bargain with.

Seth and Gabriel had split their group into two. They had entered on opposite sides of the train, attempting to catch Lt. Matthew out in the middle. They could see each other clearly, but there was no sign of their target. Gabriel gestured for the group to check under seats and even in the overhead compartments.

“If you won’t do it, then I will. If you have a problem with that, then it’s you who has to leave, Olivia,” Elliot was racing against time, Steven didn’t deserve to turn. Feeling defeated, Olivia still tried to reason, “But… what if we just cut his arm off? I mean… wouldn’t that at least stop the infection from spreading anymore?” Elliot shook his head, “Look at him, Olivia. The infection’s already taken over. He’s gone…” But Derrick provided them with a spark of hope, “No… she’s right! He hasn’t actually turned yet. The infection may be spreading, but without a source, the pathogens – or whatever they are – will die out, and the white blood cells will consume the dead invaders, just like any other disease!” Elliot nodded, and looked slightly upbeat, but Olivia was concerned about Steven now dying from blood loss. “We have to get him to the medical bay and have all the equipment ready, otherwise the blood loss will kill him instead.” Elliot nodded, “We have to hurry then!” Derrick and Elliot wrapped Steven’s arms around their shoulders, carrying him through the station towards the medical bay back in the main section of the base…
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 13:33

I haven't commented in a while, but I've been reading every entry as soon as it's been posted, and this is still really good!
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Mon 1 Jan 2018 - 13:52

Dalek wrote:I haven't commented in a while, but I've been reading every entry as soon as it's been posted, and this is still really good!
Thanks Dalek! I'm glad you're still enjoying it, there are plenty more chapters to come!
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 20:38

The Life of Elliot #34 – Concerns:

Olivia was pacing outside the medical bay, anxious to hear about Steven. Noticing this, Eleanor had to make a suggestion to Elliot. “Elliot, can I speak with you in private for a moment?” They moved away from the others. “This is a fight we are hell bent on winning. Overthrowing an entire government will have massive consequences. The last thing we need are family worries,” Eleanor was serious. “What do you mean?” Elliot didn’t understand. “Steven and Olivia are close siblings. They have each other, I get that. But one or both of them must return to the surface somehow. If one of them dies, that’s it: the other will never be able to cope.” Elliot was completely against every word Eleanor had just said. “Ok, well, firstly: It’s not as simple as just returning to daily life, both of them will be marked for death by Minister Brown now. Secondly: They don’t have any family to go to; both of their parents are dead. Thirdly: There are entire families down here, we can’t just banish them like that!” Eleanor understood this, but still fought her point across, “We need fighters down here, Elliot. Only a quarter of the people here can actually use firearms or weapons of any degree. The remaining three quarters are just scared children and parents. In fact, those zombies did some damage to our fighters. We’re running out of space and resources, I know it sounds harsh, Elliot, but this group is about fighting against the hell out there, not harbouring cowards down here. Lamar, Nate, Paul, even Charlie. They all agree with me.” Elliot had begun considering it now.

The door to the medical bay opened, out of it came Derrick and Lamar. “Well?!” Olivia was anxious. “The amputation was a success,” Derrick began, “We’ve hooked him up to a patient monitor, his pulse is stable, and his symptoms are easing. The infection is definitely dying out.” Everyone – Maddison, Ryan, Olivia, Charlie, Elliot, Eleanor and Nate – looked relieved. “Although that’s a two-sided coin,” Lamar reluctantly intruded, “At the very least, we’ve slowed down the turning process. It’s possible we’ve only prolonged his death, but we could have prevented it altogether as well. It’s too early to tell.” Olivia sighed, fed up with things going right and then wrong again. “Can I see him?” she insisted. “No, it’s best to just let him rest for now. Elliot, I want to speak with you privately.” Why everyone wanted to speak to him privately today, Elliot had no idea.

“Ok so, what really happened?” Elliot could tell Derrick and Lamar had lied to everyone else. “That is what happened. We didn’t lie, we only omitted the truth slightly,” Derrick began, “Steven was seconds away from death. Even the slightest delay could have killed him. But that’s not to say he’s safe yet. Realistically, the odds are stacked against him.” Elliot thought this pathetic, “Why are you telling me?”, “Olivia wouldn’t be able to cope. As for everyone else there, I don’t think they need to know. But you’re Steven’s best friend, you have to know the truth.” Elliot cursed under his breath, “Alright fine… I get it. Collect a pair of handcuffs and chain him to the bed or something. That way, he can’t bite anyone if he turns. But also make sure that you do everything you physically can to preserve him. He’s the strongest man here, I know he’ll live even against innumerable odds. With our help, we can increase his strength. Don’t – at any point – put him down. Clear?” They both nodded, and returned to their duties.

“Our party has made their first report, Minister.” The advisor told Declan, “What did they say?” He quickly listened to it over his headset, “They’ve found a train. It appears to be in working condition, and there’s electrical readings coming from the track. It’s operational somehow.” Declan smiled cunningly, “They must be getting closer to the base. Tell them to continue the search, and to mark their co-ordinates for a future… strike, so to speak.”

“Where did he go?” Seth and Gabriel had met up in the middle of the train, without sighting Lt. Matthew. “We’ve checked the whole thing, there’s no sign of him!” Underneath the train, Lt. Matthew was lying flat against the track. He could hear muffled voices above him, but he remained quiet, hoping they would continue the search elsewhere. Looking down the train, he noticed pairs of feet approaching. He realised that these were JP soldiers, possibly ordered to survey the underground by Declan. He wanted to warn the party above him, but at the same time, he didn’t want to give himself away. He decided to remain silent, and allow events to play out…

Elliot had reluctantly accepted Kira as part of the Resistance now. She had made it all the way to him by herself, venturing back would be nowhere near as easy now. “You know how to use one of these? Or was it just blind luck last time?” Elliot was showing his niece a pistol; part of him felt immoral teaching her how to use a gun, even if she was only a year or two younger than him. “No, I just pulled it out and pressed the trigger. Guess I was kind of lucky.” Elliot chose to ignore that final part, “Safety on, Safety off,” he demonstrated the features, “Pull back the slide, unload the magazine, reload it, push the slide forward.” He handed the firearm over to her. “You’ll need these,” he placed a set of ear muffs on her head, some pistols were louder than others. “Stand to facing sideways. Aim it using one hand only, don’t grip it too tightly. Line it up with your eyesight.” Elliot adjusted her arm to have the gun positioned correctly. “Breathe in, and squeeze the trigger,” She fired the weapon at a target, piercing a hole straight through it. “And breathe out.”

Gabriel noticed a hostile party circling the train, and dropped to the ground. He gestured for those who noticed him to do the same, including Seth. However, several fighters at either end were completely unaware. As the train was surrounded by the JPs, they fired at those were standing.

The shots echoed back into the central part of the base. Charlie – being the highest ranking member in the room – was looked at by everyone, awaiting orders. “Times like this make me wonder if that Doctor person Steven tells me about is even real,” she mumbled to herself, “Alright everyone, fall back.” This order however, was unexpected. “Can you hear that? That is the sound of way too many people for us to handle. They will come in here and destroy us. There will be no deaths here while I’m in charge. If we kill them, the Minister will realise where we are. I guarantee you, they are reporting their location every step they take. In which case, if we suddenly kill them, their position will be known, and thus our base will be exposed, giving Minister Brown a target for an airstrike. So, everyone moves to the next station! Now!” They understood Charlie’s logic, and retreated. Olivia refused to leave Steven. “Olivia, you have to go,” Charlie needed her out of the way for her plan to work. “Listen, if there’s no one here, they’ll assume this place is empty, and to Minister Brown it will seem as though they haven’t found our base yet. That’s the trick, to fool them with their own logic. Olivia understood, but insisted that Steven go with them, “Charlie we can’t just leave him!” Charlie reassured her, “We won’t. Well, I won’t. You go ahead with the others; it won’t be long before those so called ‘Justices of the Peace’ get here. I’ll grab Steven, and we’ll be right behind you. Go! Quickly!” Olivia nodded, and thanked Charlie before departing. She watched as Olivia ran off.

Charlie entered the medical bay, and silently locked the door behind her. She looked upon Steven, who was still unconscious. The regular bleeping sound of Steven’s heart rate was not too loud, but it was loud enough that it would attract attention from the hostile party. After lying to Olivia, she now had to weigh up her options: Leave Steven’s life support on – risking discovery from the JPs, or turn the life support off – Allowing them to remain hidden, but putting Steven’s life in danger…
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 7 Jan 2018 - 10:19

The Life of Elliot #35 – Unforeseen Consequences:

“Clear!” As the party advanced, they were checking every room for Resistance fighters. Several recorded their location, and reported back to the Prime Minister. As they flooded into the base, they found the armoury. “My word,” the leader of the squadron gasped, “Report this back to the P.M. at once.” The armoured man nodded, “Yes Colonel.” As he examined the firearms, another JP needed his attention, “Sir! Over here!” He glanced at the weapons cabinet once again before assisting his group.

“What is it?” the Colonel inquired. “This door is locked sir, shall we bust it down?” The colonel thought for a moment, and then nodded. The JP stood back, and charged at the wooden door. It vibrated, but didn’t come off the hinges. “Try again,” the Colonel ordered, and so he did. The door was beginning to come loose. “What are you looking at me for? Keep trying man!” He charged it a third time, and finally the door flew off.
The squadron were greeted by an empty bed, with an offline patient monitor. “Report this back. This base seems too quiet, possibly a former base used by the Resistance. The signs indicate they are no longer here.” But one of the men noticed an issue with this, “But sir, why is the armoury still full in that case?” The Colonel pondered, “A good call private. Continue searching the base, we must find them.
“Chancellor Aidan, my friend!” Declan let out in joy. “Minister Brown, it’s been a while!” But they knew each other informally, “Please, drop the formalities, we were friends long ago. We still are in fact.” They nodded in agreement, “What brings you all the way to my Citadel tower?” Dr. – or Chancellor – Aidan raised his query, “The Doctor. That malevolent… being. I have some rather interesting news about… her.” Declan looked surprised about this. “Her? What do you mean… her?” Dr. Aidan smiled, “I think we’d better sit down…”

Elliot woke up. He was back in that hospital bed, the same vision which had happened to him multiple times in the past. He looked up and noticed the hooded figure once again sitting in the corner of the room. “You! It’s been a while; don’t you think?” The figure nodded, “I bring you grave news, as per usual,” the deathly distorted voice informed him. “The last time we met, you predicted Lucy’s death. What else could you possibly say that could break me down even further?” The figure rose, and took long strides towards Elliot. It leant down, and whispered something in his ear. Elliot’s eyes widened with shock… “Wake me up… Now…” Elliot was terrified; whatever he’d just been told, it was far from good news.

Charlie had taken Steven off his life support and they had hidden in an abandoned control room – one used for the trains long before they were decommissioned. Steven’s heart rate seemed normal, although he was deeply unconscious. This gave them an advantage, as long as the JPs stuck to the base, they would have no need to check the tracks, thus the two of them would remain unnoticed. Charlie was armed with a pistol – if the worst case scenario was to come around.

“Sir, we’ve checked this entire area. It’s empty!” The Colonel wasn’t entirely convinced by this however, “Hmmmm, advise the P.M. against an airstrike. We don’t want to cause public uproar for no reason. If we’re going to do that, we have to make sure we strike the Resistance. Here’s the alternative: Raid the armoury. Take as much as you like, take as much as you can, and lug it all back to the surface. If the Resistance are using this as a weapon source, it’ll severely deplete their defences. We can send in another party at a later time, hound them down without any casualties. Get to it men!” Everyone rushed about, the Colonel glanced around a final time before heading back to the main station.
Everything was silent, Charlie had assumed the invading party had returned to the surface. “Ok, wait here, don’t make a sound,” she didn’t know if Steven could hear her or not, but she instructed him nonetheless. Charlie scouted the base, everything seemed quiet. She made her way over to the Communications room in search of a radio, hopefully someone would’ve taken one with them. As she crept into the room, several radios remained on the desk, she grabbed the one nearest to her. “Hello? Is anyone there? Hello?” There was static for a few moments. “Hello?” A female northern British voice responded, with distorted whirring in the background. “Hello! Yes! You can hear me! Right?” Charlie waited, “Hello?” the voice tried to tell Charlie she was breaking up, but the chat kept cutting in and out. “Hang on!” Charlie adjusted the antenna. “Hello? Can you hear me now? Hello?” A third voice joined in, “Hello.” Except this voice was not on the radio, one of the JPs raiding the armoury had found her, a gun raised to her head. “Put the radio down, or I’ll call the others.” The voice called out over the radio, “Hello? Are you still there?” The whirring in the background intensified, “This is the Doc-” An explosion resonated through the radio, cutting off into static. “Looks like you’re out of luck. Give it to me…” he reached his empty hand out. Charlie slowly handed it over to him, once it made contact with his hand, she slammed it across to his other arm, knocking the pistol out of it. She head-locked him, “Don’t… make… a sound…” she aggressively ordered him.

“Well, remarkable, I must say.” Declan was surprised by the news about the Doctor, “Are you sure this data is correct?” The advisor nodded, “Correct and verified. We have our… methods. It’s not just in this universe either, there are many others in which the same event has occurred.” Declan was fascinated. “Anyway, your turn. Any news on the Resistance yet?” Declan shrugged, “It seems not. The party have failed to find anything other than an empty hospital bed.” Dr. Aidan was intrigued, he knew the Resistance were good, but how much longer could they evade detection? “I still to this day wonder how a teenager could survive an entire facility collapsing on him.” Dr. Aidan’s expression turned to one of guilt, however Declan had not noticed this.

The man Charlie had captured was returned to his comrades. “Dalton where have you been man?! We’ve been looking for you. Come on! If we don’t get back within the next five minutes, we’re as good as dead! You know the boss’s traditions!” Dalton nodded at them, as they headed off; he turned back, noticing Charlie hiding against a wall, he nodded at her and mimed ‘Thank You’. Charlie had knocked sense into Dalton, the Resistance now had someone on the inside…

Charlie headed back to the control room, relieved she had made someone finally see the light. Dalton could very well become the one to spark the Uprising, Charlie felt satisfied knowing this. Now, the Resistance could be five steps ahead of the government. But she had to keep her mind in the present day. She arrived back at the control room, but she looked surprised: Steven had vanished…
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Tue 9 Jan 2018 - 20:38

The Life of Elliot #36 – Only Human:

Elliot had lead everyone through several ghost stations; well, technically every station was a ghost station now. He had to keep brushing his hair out of his face, it hadn’t been cut since before Lucy’s death, which was well over a year ago now. “You know,” Gabriel caught his breath, “When all this is over, I could cut it all for you,” he pointed to Elliot’s hair. “Yeah, if this is all over.” Gabriel didn’t accept that remark, “You’re our leader. Don’t tell me you’re losing hope? If you are, then what do the rest of us have to believe in? You’ve shown everyone here so much, you’re not afraid to take extreme measures in the most brutal of circumstances. There are children here who in years to come won’t have any idea about people like Martin Luther King or the Suffragettes, these children will remember you and the Resistance! You are the biggest and only movement known to them, one that in years to come will become a key topic in History lessons. It’s too late for you to go back now, Elliot. Keep on believing man! For the sake of freedom!” Elliot nodded, “That’s what worries me. I’m nothing like Martin Luther King or anyone who caused change within the world, I’m just some sixteen-year-old.” Gabriel put his hand on Elliot’s shoulder, “Yeah, but you’re also the first sixteen-year-old to start an uprising against a corrupt power. You deserve to be remembered!” A loud roar echoed from up ahead, followed by Paul and his smaller group rushing back, “Yeti!”

Lt. Matthew had waited for events to play out. A short exchange of gunfire allowed for Seth and Gabriel to escape a while ago, with the opposing party heading into the base. After waiting long enough, everything seemed to be the right level of quiet. Lt. Matthew crawled out from under the train, and followed the route which Gabriel and Seth had escaped down. Had he of waited another few seconds, he would’ve been spotted by Dalton and the JPs.

Elliot was role calling the names of his comrades. “Eleanor?”, “Maddison?”, “Derrick?”, “Lamar?”, “Kira?”, “Ryan?”, “Olivia?”, “And lastly, Nate?” Everyone had responded, they were all present. “Excellent. Charlie and Steven will likely arrive later on; I have faith in their survival skills. In the meantime, we’ll take a break at this station. We should be far away enough now that the Yeti won’t be able to trace us, nor will the JPs.” One person raised their hand, “What about those of us that fled elsewhere?” Elliot looked remorseful, “Many will likely survive, however some… may not, the Yeti or the JPs may get to them first. I’m sorry.” The yeti bellowed, it was distant, but it echoed.

Elliot had pulled Gabriel over to one side, “Two questions: Firstly, where’s Seth? Secondly, did you find ‘Lieutenant’ Matthew?” Gabriel shook his head, “Seth and I got separated, we ran from the JPs amidst a gunfight. The rest of the party were killed, but Seth is still out there somewhere. As for Matthew, he slipped away somehow. We almost had him, but then he simply vanished.” Elliot looked disappointed, but it wasn’t the biggest concern on his mind, “Hopefully our man on the inside can provide us with some level of security. Chancellor Aidan double-crossed Declan for us, and considering how much our ‘beloved’ P.M. trusts Aidan, I think it’s safe to say he’ll be gullible enough to hand over the keys to his own downfall.” Gabriel nodded, “I should probably join the scout team. That yeti could be closing in.” As he headed off, Elliot recalled him, “Gabriel, thanks. For our conversation earlier.” He nodded, and headed off to join the scout team.

Dalton’s team had returned to the citadel tower. Their report had been given to Declan, who was far from amused. “A good call to strip them of their weapons, but did you not think to explore further?” Everyone looked guilty. “For all you know, they could’ve all been hiding around the next station! Now, I will have to call in airstrike, quite possibly provoking hostility from the general public. How will people be able to trust me if I do that? Innocent people on the surface could be affected, buildings and other infrastructures as well. All this because you called off your search a little too soon commander!” The commander apologised, and looked embarrassed. “There’s no room for failure in the new world. Grab hold of him!” As two of his own men followed this, Dalton watched; as did Chancellor Aidan. “Take him to the Containment Facility. Throw him in with… I don’t know, a Pentademon? A Giant Mayfly? A weevil? I don’t care, just throw him in with one of those creatures.” He tried to resist, but the commander was taken away nonetheless. “You know Chancellor; I really have you to thank for this. You assembled that team which re-contained all of those creatures who escaped from the Island. Now, I can punish insolence properly. The rest of you, dismissed.” The team was shocked at their commander’s demise, but since Dalton had now adjusted the frequency of his radio, he could make contact with Charlie.

A few hours later, everyone had returned to the main section of base. Charlie had put the medical bay off limits to avoid panic about Steven. She had only told Elliot and Nate that he had gone missing. As a result of this, the two men had gone out looking for him. “Alright Elliot, let’s be honest here,” Nate began, “I don’t want to hear it any more than you do, but it’s probably true. Steven turned, and his undead body wandered off…” Elliot completely ignored that theory. “Elliot please, don’t get false hope!” Nate was concerned for him, but he continued on. “Elliot stop!” Nate raised his tone, causing Elliot to snap, “You don’t understand Nate!” he didn’t turn around fully, but he rotated his head aggressively. “I can’t tell you why, but we must find Steven. You wouldn’t believe me if I told you why I knew this.” “Then try me, Elliot! I’m standing right here!” Both men paused, Elliot turned around. “Ever since the Cybermen… I’ve been having… visions… Ah, forget it!” Elliot shook his head, taking Nate to be narrow-minded and sceptical. “You think I’m foolish? You think I won’t believe you?” It was almost as if he could read Elliot’s mind, “Try me! Eleanor and I were on that Island for almost two whole years! We were experimented on with technology from out of this world, literally!” His tone was serious and high, “So if you think there’s anything I wouldn’t believe, then try me!” Elliot sighed. “There’s… someone. Always in those visions,” he lowered his voice and moved over to Nate in a neutral manner. “A hooded figure. Who it is, I don’t know. But they told me someone was going to die, and then I lost my girlf-” he cut himself off, shuddering at what could’ve – and should’ve – been true, “My… friend. I lost my friend. She died just before we arrived on the Island… The same girl Maddison was mourning over when you first met her. The reason why Eileen was emotionally paralyzed, the reason why she’s also in a ward rather than down here with us…” Nate look sorrowful, “I’m sorry, Elliot. What else did these visions predict?” he took a deep breath, “Not much. They were mostly just taunts after she died. But early today, while we were resting… I had another one. I was told two things. Both equally disturbing for me.” Nate questioned what those two things were. “The first one… the Doctor is coming back… We’re going to be seeing him again. Although it’s almost as if… he’s going to be different, the next time we see him. Something noticeably big is going to be different.” Nate knew of this already, “I’ve never met him. He sounds wonderful. The only reason why Nate and Eleanor were on the island in the first place was… well, I don’t know where to begin. What was the second thing?” Elliot looked up at him, “Some things are best kept secret for now… prepare for unforeseen consequences…”

“Hello? I’m receiving you… but very faintly!” Charlie was on the radio again, this time she had others around her. “He---o?” Static was breaking up sentences, the voice was muffled and tried to say multiple things. “The artro--- energ—is fusi---“It was the same Northern woman was before. “Can anyone understand what she’s saying?” Charlie asked around, Ryan took the radio from her. “Who is this? Repeat, who is this? Over.” He wasted no time, much to Maddison’s delight – she had a ‘thing’ for Ryan now; but he did not feel the same about her at all. “I am the Do---” the static cut out the identity reveal, “the original, you might say…” the woman cut out, and they lost connection to the channel. Ryan slammed his fists against the desk, annoyed; again, Maddison found this attractive, but kept it hidden, knowing it was hardly the time nor the place.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 12 Jan 2018 - 19:07

The Life of Elliot #37 – The Double Agent:

“We searched as widely as we could,” Elliot began, “But we didn’t find him…” Charlie looked disappointed, “But we will find him. Eventually.” Charlie was desperate to tell Elliot about the Doctor, but understood his opposition. “You seem… distracted?” he asked her. She paused for a moment, wrestling in her mind, ultimately opting to tell Elliot about the Doctor, “I think we need to have a private conversation.” He nodded, albeit confused, “Well, you heard her Nate. Just um, try and keep this whole thing under low, right?” He nodded, and continued about his own business.

“There’s a woman on the other end of this radio.” Elliot wasn’t really fussed by this, “Look if all you want to tell me about is some girl playing a prank, I have more pressing matters to attend to.” Charlie was reluctant, “It’s not that… not exactly. I don’t know how to tell you this…” Elliot pushed her for an answer, “Well?” She hesitated. “Alright fine, I’ve got other things to be doing anyway.” He prepared to leave, but then Charlie simply said, “The Doctor!” That name was all she needed to say to regain Elliot’s attention. He didn’t say anything. “It’s the Doctor… On the other end…” she handed the radio to him. He examined it, and then threw it across the room. “What are you doing? We need that!” Elliot didn’t care, “I don’t ever want to hear about that… poisonous man ever again! If it wasn’t for him none of this would even be happening!” Elliot thought about his vision again. Charlie persisted, “You don’t have to worry about him. You have to worry about her.” Elliot slowly turned around, realising what the mysterious figure was talking about now. “Her?”

“This is Gemini. Repeat, this is Gemini. The Prime Minister is turning against his own men. Just today, I saw him send one of his commanders to the containment facility… Furthermore, they have plans to engineer more malevolent creatures, and machines too! He wants to create colonies on other planets… he’s power-hungry, he’s deluded! His first target is the moon. He wants to establish a prison there for extreme criminals, as well as other ‘Black Projects’ which he hasn’t even discussed with me. But um, I would hazard a guess that one of these… projects, is a nuclear armoury on the moon. Any country in the world could be attacked within a matter of hours from there. It wouldn’t matter! They wouldn’t even see the missile until it entered the atmosphere, it would be too late by then. It would be soaring through the atmosphere, causing an even more fiery catastrophe when if it were to make contact with land. The Uprising has to begin now! We’re almost at zero hour! Over and out!” Chancellor Aidan switched off the microphone, and made his way outside. He eventually reached a drain marked as ‘E-06’. He whistled in a looped pattern, almost like a coded message. A short whistle emitted from the sewer in response, as he dropped an envelope down the grate.

Paul was charging through the stations, headed back to the base. “General! General we’ve received another report!” he caught his breath as he handed it to Elliot; who was already in the middle of a conversation with Charlie. “Ok Charlie, enough. I get it now; the Doctor is now a woman. That doesn’t mean he… well, she, is no longer the same person though! This is still all her fault! All of it! All this, because of her! Now let’s listen to Aidan’s report.” He teared open the envelope and inserted the tape into the cassette. “This is Gemini. Repeat, this is Gemini,” the tape began, “It’s him alright,” Elliot added. “Just today, I saw him send one of his commanders to the containment facility. Furthermore, they have plans to engineer more malevolent creatures, and machines too!” Both Elliot and Charlie looked startled, “Machines? What machines? The containment facility? Why on earth would they make more of those evil Pentademons, or any of those large-scale creatures, when they’re already in captivity?” Charlie shook her head, “No idea.” “I would hazard a guess that one of these ‘projects’ is a nuclear armoury on the moon. Any country in the world could be attacked within a matter of hours from there.” Again, they were shocked. “Going nuclear from the moon? What are they up to?” They continued listening to the rest of the tape. “The Uprising has to begin now! We’re almost at zero hour! Over and out!” the tape ended. “What do we do, Elliot?” He prepared to answer, but was interrupted by a strange whirring sound from the other side of the room. All the paperwork on the desks was blown around; although the paperwork wasn’t theirs, they just couldn’t be bothered to remove it.” Charlie looked terrified, “Are they bombing us?!” But Elliot looked more disbelieving, “That sound… I know that sound… Wait, oh no. You have got to be kidding me!” Elliot had flashbacks to when he first met the Doctor: ‘Waddling like a penguin with its arse on fire, the man came over to Elliot, "They're called Cybermen! And you, well you are standing there waiting to die! So, why don't you come with me, and how about we do something that matters?"’ He could remember all the screams of the terrified people being shot down by the Cybermen. As the TARDIS became more and more visible, the box looked noticeably different to when Elliot last saw it over a year ago. But then Elliot remembered a throwaway remark the Doctor made; back then, he was confused by it, but now it made more sense: ‘“There’s Cybermen out there killing everyone in London and you’re busy with girl troubles?”, Elliot still catching his breath responded with “You don’t know the half of it.” But the Doctor was prepared for that reply, “Actually, I soon will do. Could do with her advice actually.” Elliot looked sheepish and bewildered.’ But now, that comment made perfect sense. And at last, the TARDIS had landed…

The TARDIS door swung open, a heap of steam first exited from it, causing Charlie and Elliot to jolt back. Thinking ahead of things, Elliot pulled out his pistol and aimed it directly at the open door. “What are you doing man! Are you crazy?” Charlie was completely bewildered. “I know this looks ruthless, but listen to me. You said it kept cutting out over the radio. If that’s the case, then the TARDIS could’ve been under attack, and again following on from that, who knows what hell is inside of that police box.” She wanted to rebut his argument, but actually agreed with him, she too then pulled out a pistol. Gentle footsteps echoed from within. “Come out with your hands up! You have nowhere to run. We are armed out here. Step outside of your vessel and surrender in the name of the Resistance.” They couldn’t see who – or what – was inside the TARDIS, the steam had blocked the view. Elliot edged closer as the opposing footsteps grew louder, a figure formed in the steam, then it emerged. Elliot and Charlie looked equally shocked, yet jovial. “Steven!” Charlie dropped her pistol and rushed over to him for an embrace. “Steven?” Elliot was confused, “But… what?” He looked at the TARDIS, and then back at Steven. “What? Did you think a pathetic bite would knock me down for good? Think again!” They both smiled and shook hands. “You look… well. How?” Steven didn’t look ill at all, he looked as lively as one can be. “Just… how? Who?” A second figure emerged from the TARDIS, “Not just Who… Doctor Who,” it was the same Northern female voice that Charlie had heard over the radio, except now she was real. Elliot looked at her in awe. “Doc… Doctor?” She smiled and nodded at him, “Hello again, sci-fi boy.” He jolted back in disgust, but in a comedic sense, “Sci-fi boy? You what?” She closed the TARDIS door behind her. “The Doctor saved my life,” Steven began, “And don’t worry Elliot. She’s better now, she’s not the same man you once had conflict with.” She stepped closer to Elliot, “Forget everything that happened in the past. Or the future, that’s the trouble with time. I don’t even know which direction I came from. But that’s not the point. Elliot, I’ve been watching your resistance from afar, and I have to say, people like you make me proud of the human race,” she offered her hand out, “And I want in… Because after all, what is evil without a Doctor to fight it? And not just any Doctor, the Doctor. The definitive article; the original, you might say.” She smiled at him as they all waited for him to shake her hand; Was Elliot going to accept it…?

WRITER’S NOTE: Now, I am fully aware that we know literally nothing about the 13th Doctor’s personality yet. However, keep in mind this story is set in an alternate universe, meaning things don’t necessarily have to be the same as the main one; this also includes the companions, the Series 11 ones will not be present with the 13th doctor. Again, with it being an alternate universe, this can be accounted for.

LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Mon 15 Jan 2018 - 19:06

The Life of Elliot #38 – Count Back from 10:

Elliot weighed up his options; given how powerful of an ally the Doctor could be. He ultimately settled to shake her hand, “Welcome… Doctor.” They both seemed warm. “What’s that on your wrist?” she noticed an object on Elliot’s wrist, as she raised his arm to examine it. “A bracelet? Don’t tell me you’re a woman now as well?” Although she had meant for this to come off as comedic, there was an abrupt silence. “Wait a minute… I think I recognise it.” She turned Elliot’s wrist several times, “A moon engraving? And a star engraving? Wait… oh, I remember now! When I saved you all from that Island, right? There was a girl… what was her name? No, don’t tell me. It was… Jessica? No. Charlie? No, that’s you,” she remembered the names of the people around her. “Aha! It was Lucy! Oh she came across as quite an outgoing and generous young girl. Might I ask where she is? I’d be delighted to see her again!” Again, an awkward silence had risen. “What? Oh surely she’s a part of this resistance. Elliot, from what I could deduce, you two were more or less… intended, for each other?” She examined Elliot’s expression, “That face, your reaction. She’s definitely not here, but… it’s something more than that?” Elliot didn’t want to feel upset again, so he broke the news rapidly, “She’s gone. She’s gone, and she’s never coming back. I mean what do you care anyway? You have a time machine, you can go wherever – well, whenever – you like, and see whoever you want to. But for the rest of us, Doctor, time only moves forward…” he marched out, “If you’ll excuse me, I have an uprising to orchestrate.”

The Doctor understood now, “How did it happen?” she turned to Charlie. “There was… an incident. We were airborne… our vehicles got attacked. Not everyone survived…” The Doctor looked sorrowful, “And Elliot can’t see me for who I am now… I can tell, he still sees me as the man who caused all of this…” Both Charlie and Steven were surprised how quickly she had read Elliot’s emotions. “How can you work that out just from his expressions and reactions?”, “Some people have trouble with hiding their emotions. When I first met Elliot he could hide them quite well, but it’s obvious in my absence that things have happened, things which broke him. Am I correct in saying that?” They both nodded. “Apart from losing his best friend, he blew up an entire research facility: indirectly killing possibly a hundred or so people. He directly killed someone else as well though. Above all, I think leading an entire ever-growing resistance has taken its toll on him too.” The Doctor looked to Steven, “He killed someone?” “Captain Salatin.” The Doctor remembered him, “But I thought he switched to your side?” Then Charlie interrupted, “He played on both sides, Salatin did. At the first chance he got, he sold us out and returned to his original side. Elliot gave him a chance, and he drove it straight into the ground. I don’t blame Elliot; he did what he had to. Doctor, please, you have to understand he’s really stressed out right now. Everything he just said to you, I wouldn’t take it to heart.” The Doctor nodded, “He’s emotional, I get it. I won’t take it to heart… well, neither of them.” The Doctor went after Elliot as Charlie and Steven looked at each other, “Neither of them? As in… more than one… heart?” Steven’s face filled with awe.

“Remarkable! It looks so real!” Lamar stared in wonder at Steven’s new prosthetic arm. It had been designed to look identical to a real one. “What kind of material is that? Rubber?” he felt the arm; it was much heavier than a regular one. “Sort of. More like an… alien rubber.” The Doctor looked around, noticing Resistance fighters everywhere. She was pleased to see that a civilised part of humanity still existed.  

The Doctor had settled in quite comfortably. She was more than amazed to see what one person could create over the course of a year. “I’m sorry for the coarse hospitality. We have to make do with what little we have down here. I haven’t seen the sunlight in so long that I’m pretty sure I’d be blinded if I surfaced now,” Elliot enjoyed making conversation with a much nicer Doctor. “Hospitality of any level is still hospitality,” the Doctor said politely, albeit examining the torn and totalled couch, finding the most intact place and sitting on it. “How do you get your supplies? Food? Water? Oxygen? The air must get pretty tight down here”. “We have our ways. Our consumable resources come from ‘anticitizens’ on the surface; the term used to describe a citizen who goes against what is lawfully expected of them, in this case an anticitizen is someone doing the morally correct thing. Without our surface helpers, we’d be long since dead with no chance of saving the country. They’re the real heroes here.” The Doctor looked around. “We even have two men on the inside. One of them saved me from a collapsing building with… sheer terrifying creatures escaping from it. Part of me thinks what I did actually worsened the world. But still, time moves forward… 
taking us with it against our will. Well, you wouldn’t really understand.” The Doctor looked disheartened, and she really wanted to prove to Elliot that she was here now. “Let me help… Because that’s who I am. I’m the Doctor… and I save people!” She stood up, “You remember when we first met, Elliot? Minutes before the Cybermen even appeared, I warned everyone to run, to dissipate away from the centre. Not many did, but some did. Whether or not they ultimately survived… I can’t say, but I can always try. You can always try, and you always are.” They paused for a moment, finally accepting each other. “Elliot!” Steven burst in, “You MUST see this, right now!” They all rushed out into the main section.

Much to everyone’s surprise, Lt. Matthew had appeared with Seth in a headlock and a gun to his temple. “Of course…” Elliot was disgraced. “Isn’t anyone going to take arms?” He cried out. “The armoury is empty!” Nate responded. “What? What do you mean empty?” “It’s like it was raided! It is quite literally empty! Nothing in there!” Ryan verified. Elliot cursed and turned his attention back to Lt. Matthew. The Doctor stood back, observing Elliot’s handling. “What do you want… can’t you just go?” Elliot insisted, but he refused. “The same as I wanted before, with a little… interest.” Elliot didn’t understand, “Elaborate.” “Gladly. I want everything I demand from you, and then I want you, Elliot. I’m going to make sure you pay for everything you did. You ruined my work!” He shrugged, “Have you even been paying attention? Look around you! Your side won! It’s not my fault they kicked you off.” As several people encroached, he gestured to the pistol again. “Let him go!” Kira wielded a cricket bat. Elliot was completely astounded, “Kira! What the heck are you doing?” “Uncle, in the nicest way, shut up.” She moved closer to Seth. “Kira, just… look at me, back away.” Everyone kept back for Seth’s sake. “Oh this is brilliant!” Lt. Matthew laughed, and pushed Seth away, taking hold of Kira. Elliot dashed forward, but he realigned the gun to point at his niece. “Perhaps now you’ll give me what I want.” He stared vengefully at him. “If you pull that trigger… I will kill you myself, hunt you down in the afterlife, bring you back to life again, just so I can keep killing you…” This threat shocked the Doctor; she understood Elliot needed some level of violence to lead this Resistance, but such a graphic threat was unnecessary. “Are you going to make me count Elliot? Fine then. I guess I’ll count back from 10! 10… 9… 8…” he yelled the numbers to startle Elliot, but he stood his ground. “5… 4… 3…” Elliot was running out of time, and had to think quickly. “2… 1…” Elliot warfully screamed and then charged at him. As he did so, a gun was fired. The sound was deafening, as everyone covered their ears and cowered away; even the Doctor was startled. Elliot turned back, his face filled with horror. But who had been shot?...

LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 18 Jan 2018 - 18:16

The Life of Elliot #39 – The Saviour:

Elliot was back in that same hospital bed, the exact same nightmare as always. The hooded figure was not even seated this time, instead they were lumbering over Elliot. His expression slowly turned to anger, he leapt up and threw the patient monitor down, bringing the hooded figure down to the floor with it. He made a break for the door, and rapidly slammed against it, but it was jammed shut. The hooded figure rose back up, and reached out its glove hand; striding over towards Elliot. Giving up on the door, he turned back to the hooded figure. He looked around for a weapon, his only option being the chair. He lifted it up, and prepared to defend himself. But eventually, he remembered this was just a dream, and the hooded figure was only there to warn him of future events, not harm him. He dropped the chair, and surrendered himself. “Only one of your two prophecies came true. The Doctor became a woman, but…” Elliot was hesitant to speak the second prediction, as it still frightened him. “You… know it… to be true…” the figure whispered, “Wait… Elliot… Just… wait,” the low whispering sent a shiver down his spine. He screamed out in rage, and threw the chair at the figure, but it went straight through like a hologram. He raged a second time, and charged at the figure himself, but stumbled to the ground upon going straight through it…

Now, he snapped back to reality. The expression of horror was still on his face; upon seeing that Seth had drawn his handgun. “I’m sorry!” Seth gently said in disbelief, frozen on the spot. Elliot looked down, noticing he had been shot in his abdomen. He turned his attention back up to Seth, “Why…?” He whispered before passing out onto the ground. With Lt. Matthew fixated on this, Kira took her chance to break free of his grip, rushing over to aid her uncle. Giving up a second time, Lt. Matthew made a break for it, but Paul and Gabriel apprehended him. “Where do you think you’re going?!”

“Come on man, faster!” The Doctor commanded Steven who was carrying Elliot towards the TARDIS. “Get him to a bed, the TARDIS should make it an easy route for you. Go on, faster!” The Doctor was not willing to lose Elliot now. “No, no! None of you!” She halted everyone else. “I need space to work! And inside the TARDIS I have all the time and space that I need. Everyone stay out here!” As she went to return to the police box, Kira grew increasingly concerned, “Is he going to be ok???” The Doctor turned back to face her, but didn’t respond… Kira looked away, terrified for her Uncle.

A few hours had passed, things were still. Not much had happened, everyone was eager to hear about Elliot. Eventually, the TARDIS door opened, but Steven was the one who exited. Kira hadn’t left the office ever since Elliot was rushed in. “Well? How is he?” Steven nodded, “Yea… He’s alive…” he didn’t sound very enthusiastic, and Kira noticed this, “You’re lying…” he shook his head, “No, not exactly.” She pressed him again, “Well?” “He’s alive… for the moment.” Steven returned to the TARDIS. “What? You’re just going to drop a bombshell like that and then leave? Get back here, right now!” Olivia tried to calm her, “Kira! Just… give them some time in there. Elliot- sorry, your Uncle, quite literally has the best Doctor in the Universe in there. He’ll be alright”. “Easy for you to say… it’s not your relative who might die!” She snapped, “Your brother was basically dead several days ago! Now look at him! He’s alive and well!” Olivia tried to contain herself, but at the same time she wanted Kira to know of her empathy, “Listen, I know you’re upset, but try to keep calm for Elliot’s sake, alright?” But she wouldn’t, “Oh, sure, I’ll keep calm… I mean, it’s not as if I’ve just met the strangest woman in my entire life, been used as a bargaining hostage by a complete psychopath, seen a man survive certain death, or watch my own Uncle get shot; all on the same day!” Now Olivia snapped as well, “It’s not just you! Ok, Kira? Some of us have had both of our parents die on us! I will always be grateful to the Doctor, because without her… I wouldn’t have any living relatives. Whereas you, you made that choice! You chose to leave your mother and join your uncle; that was your decision! If you don’t like it, return to the surface while you still can! You’re not even a part of this Resistance as it is…” she slapped her. “That’s enough!” Maddison and Ryan entered, pending for news about Elliot. “Come on Kira, let’s just leave them to it.” Maddison guided her out, still staring Olivia down. As they left, Ryan approached Olivia, “Pack it in!” She looked outraged, but Ryan wasn’t having it, “We are on the verge of an uprising. You need to do your part in it! Not have some silly pathetic play fight! If you can’t get along with her, then it is you who needs to return to the surface. Because you are always the common denominator here, Olivia! Think about it, remember that time you assaulted Maddison? That was before this resistance even started!” he left, shaking his head on the way out.

Elliot was back in the dream hospital. This time however, the room was empty, and all the lights were off. He couldn’t hear his patient monitor either, there was no power at all. He lethargically got up, noticing his torso had been bandaged up over the bullet wound. He remembered the moment Seth shot him, still unaware of why. Elliot left the room, exploring areas of the hospital. He went through several flights of stairs, and explored several patient rooms. A journey which should’ve taken hours seemed to pass by within seconds; possibly due to this being in his mind. After exploring for long enough, he found the hooded figure again. “Why…” Elliot began, “Why did that happen?” The figure turned around, and strode towards him; again, the scenario happened quicker than it realistically should’ve. “Think…” it whispered, and raised its gloved hand, planting it on Elliot’s head. Nothing happened at first, but then he was given an insight into Seth’s mind, ‘Oh no! Whatever is Elliot going to do? If he tries anything, his niece will be shot! If I shoot Matthew, then his reflexes will squeeze the trigger, I can’t do that. But if I shoot Elliot… oh no, oh please, don’t let it come to that! I’m not sure if he can survive being ripped by a bullet… and strategic mutiny is mutiny nonetheless. Wait, he’s counting down now. Oh lord! Please stop! Please don’t count! I have to do something! No one else in this room has a gun. Ok, ok… Oh my he’s at 5 already! Ok, I’m slowly drawing my pistol. Slowly, gently, gently! Gently does it, there we go. Alright now then- Elliot no!... oh god, oh please, did I just…? I did! Oh my goodness, no! I… shot him… I… I can’t…’. Elliot understood perfectly now, “He… was trying… to save her? Well… Ugh I don’t know anymore! I take it the next time that we meet… the other prophecy… will have come true?” The figure nodded, and slowly backed away. Elliot looked concerned, but who for? He slowly began to wake up…

As he came to, he realised he was no longer in the TARDIS. Instead, he had been hooked up to the patient monitor in the medical bay. At his side was Kira, although she had fallen asleep too. As Elliot attempted to get up, he winced, and looked down to his gunshot wound. Just like in the dream, it had been bandaged up, but he was still in pain. His whining had woken Kira up, “Uncle!” she was quick to become fully-aware again, rushing to the door. “He’s awake!” she called out. Steven and Ryan had rushed in. “Elliot!” They were both jovial. “You’re alright!” This was a happy moment, but naturally it would soon come to an end. “It took you some time, but at last you’re back with us.” He looked confused, “Some time? What do you mean? How long have I been out for?” Everyone looked awkwardly at each other. “A week…” Steven answered, “The Doctor took off with you in the TARDIS to get additional supplies, and then she… well, she miscalculated the return slightly. Physically in this bed you’ve only been here for two maybe three days, but it’s been a whole week since you were shot.” Elliot was completely bewildered, “And I’m afraid it’s been a bad week. We got another update from Aidan… and it’s tragic. The machines he told us about last time, well, they’ve come to life. Elliot, have you ever read the War of the Worlds?” The question seemed irrelevant, but he answered nonetheless, “Naturally. H.G. Wells was one of the most inspiring writers to date.” Steven nodded, “Good! Because… well, you know about fighting machines then?” Elliot nodded, still confused. “Yes, but why is that relevant?” Steven looked disheartened, and reluctantly handed a camcorder to Elliot. He played the tape to cure his curiosity, but what was he about to discover? …
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 21 Jan 2018 - 10:36

The Life of Elliot #40 – The Fighting Machine:

Elliot watched the footage in shock and horror. “These are them… the Mark II heavy artillery cannon. They have three legs, they take long strides, and that pulse cannon under their massive pyramidal head, it pierces through bone with more than a million volts, it kills you instantly,” the voice revealed that it was Dr. Aidan filming; he was in a large warehouse recording a dormant creature, very reminiscent of a fighting machine from War of the Worlds as referenced by Elliot and Steven. “This is currently the only functioning one… but you see, it gets even creepier than that. These aren’t just robots, they’re vessels. There is a cockpit inside the head. Someone… or something, controls it. There will be more of these things, which is exactly why the uprising must commence now. The more time you waste, the more of these machines that get manufactured, and the closer we get to zero hour. Now listen, my cover is close to being blown. If it does get blown, I have instructed Dalton to take charge of my reports. Oh and one last thing, the JPs have officially changed their name. They are now called ‘the Spectors’, and they seem to be operating as more of a paramilitary force now. Now, with this recording, there should also be a duffle bag. That bag will contain a mixture of firearms. I know it’s not a lot, but it’s enough for a small party to raid this warehouse and spark the uprising into existence. From there, the New World Order will crumble. This is Chancellor Robert Aidan, signing off… possibly for good”. “That’s it?” Elliot was shocked at the abrupt ending, “What happened to him? Is he alright?” Steven shook his head, “We got a follow up report yesterday from Dalton… Aidan was foiled, and thrown in prison. Right now, he’s being tortured by Declan himself. I think he’s right in what he’s saying, it’s time to begin the Uprising. Elliot, we waited for you to wake up, but we can’t stall anymore… we have two shotguns, two assault rifles, an assortment of handguns, and a selection of grenades. It’s enough to take this machine down. Will you let us begin already?” Steven pressed him for an answer, and Elliot thought carefully…

Elliot had called upon his closest friends for assistance. “You all know the situation, what do we do? Because quite frankly, I’m torn for an answer.” Eleanor was the first to put her view forward, “No. We can’t begin our attack. It’s too soon, we need more time, we need way more firearms than we currently have. A couple of rifles isn’t really a game changer.” But Steven rebutted the argument, “Then we’re lucky it’s more than just a couple of rifles. There’s an assortment in that duffle bag. Grenades included, and if we use those we can win the battle before it even begins!” Ryan shared his opinion, “I agree with Steven. We can’t wait any longer. We’ve seen this new weapon they have, and we know there could be more. If we don’t attack this fighting machine now, we won’t get another chance. By the time we rally up enough weapons to take down one, there’ll be ten, and by the time we have enough weapons for ten, there’ll be fifty, and then a hundred, and so forth. We have the numbers, all we need to do is charge, even if with sharpened sticks if necessary.” The results were a clear 2-1 so far in favour of attacking, but Elliot still had one more person to hear from, “Well Doctor? What’s your verdict?” She had been facing the TARDIS the whole time, but now turned around. “You’ll get slaughtered… I can help you take out the fighting machine and the weapons, but I refuse to help you start a war you can’t possibly win.” Elliot was confused, “That’s funny, because you once said you were willing to join my cause”. “I said I admired what you were doing, making a change. But I never said I admired murder or war. This is not war yet, and I get it, perhaps you will need to use force to win this revolution, but killing? Is it really necessary?” Everyone thought, but Elliot’s stance was clear, “What choice do we have, Doctor? Seriously, do you expect us to use tranquilisers on them?” She shook her head, “No! I’ve already said that I will help you with disarming them, but after that you must try to capture or arrest them. Half of the men working for this government probably were forced into doing it, they probably had their own families threatened!” But Elliot wouldn’t shift, “And what about the other half then? The hypothetical half which voluntarily did this. You think they deserve the same chance too?” “Yes, I do,” she bluntly answered. Everyone looked to Elliot for an answer, the pressure mounted onto him, and eventually he made a decision, “Fine. Everyone return to your normal duties. The Doctor will take it from here.” Everyone was slightly shocked, but nonetheless relieved they would not be caught in a war. “Thank you, Elliot,” she was pleased with him. “Don’t thank me yet. It’s over to you now. You have to take down their weaponry defences for us, then we’ll try our best to reach a non-violent solution.” She nodded, “Fair enough. I’ll be back in…” she looked at the TARDIS, “A few days maybe? Possibly even a few weeks… oh be fair to me, the TARDIS is just about the most difficult vessel in all of the multiverse to control. Well, if it’s the multiverse, then I guess it would be vessels.” Elliot looked confused, “There’s more than one TARDIS? Doctor?” She was caught in a daydream, “Huh? Oh, no. Well, not in this universe anyway… Um, oh yeah! Probably about time for me to get going.” Elliot nodded humorously. They awkwardly said goodbye, as the Doctor returned to her TARDIS and dematerialised; Elliot’s stupidly long hair blown back by the draft.

With the Doctor gone, Elliot had noticed several of his comrades becoming irate and bloodthirsty. “It’s essential that we keep them controlled,” Elliot had taken Charlie to one side. “Make sure all the weapons are kept hidden away, we can’t have any daredevils rushing them.” But even Charlie herself was in disagreement with Elliot, “Suppose the Doctor doesn’t come back? I get it, she detests violence and war, but we really have no choice. When we joined the Resistance, this was the vowel we took. Everyone was aware people were going to die on both sides. So to that extent Elliot, I’m truly very sorry…” He felt something clip onto his arrests, “What?” he turned around, and noticed he had been handcuffed by Steven. “I’m sorry Elliot, I’m really sorry.” He was flabbergasted, “What the heck are you doing?” But he was in no position to demand now, “Elliot, for the safety of everyone’s future, I’m relieving you of command. I’m taking control now. I didn’t want it to come to this, but we can’t wait on the Doctor, and we can’t avoid killing. This is war, it’s us or them.” He was still astonished, “How can you do this to me? I’m more than just a soldier to you, I’m your friend. Am I not?” She thought hard for a moment, “It doesn’t matter, not on the eve of war…” As she left the room, she called upon everyone for a meeting. “Steven, listen to me, what are you doing? Seriously! Just think!” But he felt the same as Charlie, “We’re doing this for your own good. The time to strike is now”. “After everything we went through. Don’t you remember when we were captured by Salatin? Trapped inside a bunker for weeks? Remember Travis? Do you even remember how many other people died to get us here? Yvonne, Lucy, Daniel? Remember ANY of them?” He did, but it made no difference. “And that’s exactly why we’re doing this, it’s so they didn’t die in vain.” Elliot pleaded one last time, “Steven, people WILL die. And that’s not likely, it’s a given. I can’t tell you how I know this, but it’s true. The mortality rate will peak if you attack now. Please, don’t do this!” Steven apologised one last time, and chained one of Elliot’s cuffs to a pipe, before leaving the room sorrowfully.

Charlie was nearing the end of her speech, “We may not have that many firearms, but there are objects scattered all around this place which can be used offensively. Cricket bats, broken pipes, stones, and other random items too. Find a weapon, and arm yourself! We’re going to war. Dismissed!” As everyone rapidly darted about, Charlie pulled up the duffle bag, handing a rifle to Steven, and taking a shotgun for herself. She passed the bag over to Derrick. “Kira!” she called out to her, looking saddened, “What’s the matter?” “It’s not fair, my uncle won’t let me go with you! But I can fight! I want to fight!” Charlie’s views differed from Elliot’s. “Derrick, pass me a handgun, would you?” he handed her a pistol, which she passed over to Kira, who now looked warmer. “Fortunately for you, I’m not him…”
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top