Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

LastOfTheSonics' Fan Series

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LastOfTheSonics' Fan Series

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 7 Sep 2017 - 20:46

I thought I might give this ago. Really depends on how people feel about this kind of thing, but I've always wanted to do some creative writing and people can see what I write. You're welcome to leave feedback with each release, even criticise and point out plot holes.

So this fan series is going to be called "The Life of Elliot", and the synopsis is:
"The Doctor's life is full of adventure; but eventually the imprint he leaves on the places he visits take their toll. People are always unknowingly getting caught up in his life. One teenager learns the life of the Doctor the hard way, caught up in the epicentre of crisis..."

Now I know that might sound either rubbish, or good, I'd love to hear what everyone thinks. Now so far I've planned 4 stories, but I am aiming to go for 7. This number could go up or down depending on how people feel about this idea. The first release will be put out tomorrow regardless, and should I receive overly positive feedback, the remaining releases will be put up every Friday until the series is finished.

Also each release will be added to this page rather than be given its own section.

Last edited by LastOfTheSonics on Sat 16 Sep 2017 - 20:30; edited 1 time in total
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Re: LastOfTheSonics' Fan Series

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 7 Sep 2017 - 22:21

Nowt wrong with that....Smile
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 8 Sep 2017 - 16:36

The Life of Elliot #1 - East Side Story:

South East London, England
Elliot had a standard life. Pretty dull, and boring. Every single day coming home, doing homework, then exam revision, and then off to bed. That process seemed to repeat forever. Subconsciously Elliot had come to realise that. Although little did he know how greatly his life was about to change. 

It was a long journey on the train to and from his school, Coal Hill Academy. It was very busy on the underground as well. He was a very cautious person. If someone he didn't know got within a few feet of him, he would usually be wary of that person. Watching their every move until they eventually got off at one of the stops or turned around a corner at his stop. Nothing had ever happened to him, other than that encounter with a drunk and crazy man on New Year's Day the year before last. 

Everyone knows people go missing from Coal Hill. Students, parents, teachers, they all realise it. But no one bats an eyelid. Possibly out of fear, possibly out of carelessness. But either way, Elliot had always been the one people made of fun. He was quite the conspiracy theorist. If something didn't seem right to him, it came down to two categories: Aliens or the Government. In fact, he even suspected his Science teacher was an alien from the way she acted. Elliot had heard stories she'd even attacked an Inspector once. More than that, she one day came into school with a bulging scar over her eye. Then one day she suddenly resigned without giving any notice. Of course Elliot knew she hadn't "resigned" as such. She was either dead or detained. 

His only two past-times were playing bass guitar and looking at old photographs from the 60s taken by some nameless woman. They claimed to be of "metal men" rising from the sewers. Anyone Elliot showed them to just blamed a low budget special effects team. For the 60s, it would be convincing, but decades later, no one would fall for it. Except Elliot. Ever since he first saw the photographs, he believed they were real. This to him was supported by the "testing" of several nuclear missiles around the same time, in fact, perhaps less than a day was between the two events occurring. Three missiles launched into space, at the exact same co-ordinates. Of course, no one cared, the only people who did were radar technicians, and they were informed they were just tests. Elliot's suspicions were that it was either a probe, a spaceship or a satellite; something connected to those metal men. 

A similar report of metal men had been made a few years back, although all files regarding it had simply disappeared. If you tried searching for the reports online, you would get back 0 results. Things didn't add up. Elliot even tried to hack the government website, to see what private communications had been going on. Of course the triple encryption system had gotten the best of him, he was no genius, but computer science had taught him a thing or two about coding and decryption. 

On one weekend, he was walking through central London. By himself, on his way to meet his best friend. She was the only person who even listened Elliot, despite the fact that she did not believe him either. And that's when it happened, all of a sudden manhole covers came flying off, and out of them arose metal men. Not the ones that Elliot had seen from the photographs though. These ones looked far more advance, although Elliot worked out what was going on in an instant. These were the metal men from the photographs.

Everyone was screaming and running, except one man. A slightly aged man. A brave man. His coat flowing with the wind. He approached one of the metal men, and pulling out some strange device, blew off the head of the metal man nearest to him. He turned to face Elliot. Elliot thought of him as a magic man. And waddling like a penguin with its arse on fire, the man came over to Elliot, "They're called Cybermen! And you, well you are standing there waiting to die! So, why don't you come with me, and how about we do something that matters?"
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 8 Sep 2017 - 16:36

Sorry if it was a bit too much to read, but I'd love to hear everyone's feedback!
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Fri 8 Sep 2017 - 19:26

This is great! Loving all the continuity references.
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 8 Sep 2017 - 19:41

Dalek wrote:This is great! Loving all the continuity references.
Thanks Dalek!  Very Happy
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Tue 12 Sep 2017 - 21:13

Glad to announce that the second release will be published this Friday, and the third and fourth chapters will follow in the coming Fridays too. Might unveil a few titles too.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 15 Sep 2017 - 19:41

The Life of Elliot #2 - Worlds Collide:

Everyone was screaming and running, except one man. A slightly aged man. A brave man. His coat flowing with the wind. He approached one of the metal men, and pulling out some strange device, blew off the head of the metal man nearest to him. He turned to face Elliot. Elliot thought of him as a magic man. And waddling like a penguin with its arse on fire, the man came over to Elliot, "They're called Cybermen! And you, well you are standing there waiting to die! So, why don't you come with me, and how about we do something that matters?"

Running through the terrified crowds, Elliot hastily kept up with the Doctor. Part of him wondered what on earth was happening, and the other part was lost adrift his thoughts, so satisfied that he finally knew he wasn’t going mad and overanalyising that photograph. But a tiny spark deep down inside always knew something like this would happen. ‘Was it my fate?’ he wondered.

Eventually they made it to a backalley, Elliot catching his breath, the Doctor rambling on about some blue box. Elliot’s phone began to ring, so he pulled it out, and Lucy was calling him. “Lucy! Yeah, um, listen… Yeah I know … Yes but… No would you just-“ He couldn’t a get word in, “Just stay inside Lucy. I’m going to be a bit late, emphasis on the bit part.” Lucy thought he had changed his mind about meeting up, she hung up on him. Elliot made a low grunt. The Doctor turned to face him “There’s Cybermen out there killing everyone in London and you’re busy with girl troubles?” ,  Elliot still catching his breath responded with “You don’t know the half of it.” But the Doctor was prepared for that reply, “Actually, I soon will do.  Could do with her advice actually.” Elliot looked sheepish and bewildered.

A Cyberman appeared at one end of the alleyway, shortly after another at the other end. Both raised their weapons, releasing their infamous war cry “DELETE!”. The Doctor grabbed Elliot, “Down!”. They both ducked, and the Cybermen shot at each other unknowingly. Both stood upright for four or five seconds before falling backwards with large holes in their chests. Unfazed, the Doctor brushed his jacket swiftly, and resumed sticking his hands out and searching for something that, from Elliot’s perspective, either didn’t exist or was invisible. It soon turned out the latter was true. The Doctor walked into what seemed like nothing, and covered his forehead, as though he’d just headbutted something. He pulled out a device from his pocket, to which Elliot hastily responded “No don’t!”. The Doctor didn’t understand. “You used that thing earlier, you blew up those Cybermen. What are you gonna do now, blow up Oxygen?” The Doctor let out a slight laugh, “I did that once. Officially the most failed Scientific experiment ever. In fact, I miss that planet.” Elliot looked panicked. “Oh come on I’m just joking Elliot,” and then the Doctor used his device to uncloak a blue box. “What do you think?” gloated the Doctor. But Elliot wasn’t bothered by what had just happened, he was focused on the fact that the Doctor  somehow knew what he was called without Elliot having actually mentioned his name at any point since he encountered the Doctor; “You know me?”  “Uh, hello? Blue box? Appeared out of nowhere? Called a TARDIS?”. Elliot still didn’t care about that. “You know my name, how?” Elliot was starting to sound cynical, but the Doctor tried his hardest to avoid the question. “This device, it’s called a sonic screwdriver, and it can really work wonders. I mean, it just made a police box appear out of nowhere am I right?”. But still, nothing gave from Elliot. “What do you know? You need to tell me everything. About the Cybermen, about yourself, and most importantly, what you know about me.” The Doctor finally gave in to Elliot’s inquisitive tone, “I think we’d better go inside…”

After some level of persuasian, Elliot finally entered the TARDIS. His reaction was perhaps the most original the Doctor had ever heard. “Oh that’s clever, so presumably the entrance to one of the buildings next to the alleyway is covered like the police box? Nice!” Elliot looked satisfied. “No, no, no. Wait, just, no. What?” the Doctor was stunned by such a wild reaction. “Well, what is it then?” the Doctor was even more stunned by the fact that he actually had to say the infamous words. “It’s bigger on the inside!” But Elliot wasn’t so sure the Doctor was being honest. “Right? Ok? Well…” Elliot was more confused than before. “Ok, let’s start over, so there’s Cybermen rising out from the sewers for the first time in 50 odd years, you have a ‘giant’ police box, and my best friend is now mad at me because of a madman?” Elliot just wanted to get things clear. “Yes, that’s about the right.” The Doctor, who really doesn’t have too many emotions, didn’t seem too fussed about Elliot’s current state, but one part of what he had just said did stick out, “Woah, for the first time in 50 odd years? You realise the Cybermen have been here since, right?”. Elliot thought hard, but no bells were ringing. “No? I mean I have a photograph from the 60s, but nothing else. Why aren’t you focusing on that? And you still haven’t answered how you know my name.” Elliot was sounded desparate now. The Doctor decided not to waste any more time, “Ok right, so, in summary. 1 – Yes, the Cybermen have been here before. Once around three or four years ago, another time around a decade ago, and then loads of times before you were even born. 2 – No one remembers because your leaders, your government, drug the water supply, and other resources too. No one on earth remembers anything from those days, if the amensia drug fails on some people, then they’re silenced which I’m not overly thrilled about, but sometimes I have to look away from your planet out of shame. 3 – I know you because I’ve been studying you, Elliot Mitchell. You’ve been researching metal men, and like several other humans, you seem to be quite curious about anything that seems supernatural. And you’re right too. Some people will just pass the thing in the corner of your eye off as superstition, but it isn’t, it’s there, and you’re the kind of person that realises that. 4 – I’m the Doctor, I save people, using this box, this screwdriver, and a companion. 5 – My last companion sort of became a biomechanical zombie, so I’m need of another one, and since you’ve already excelled in what I like to call ‘Cyberstudies’, I was wondering if perhaps-“ Elliot raised his hand.

“Enough, Doctor.” The Doctor looked eager for a response to his only question. Elliot sighed. “We need to stop the Cybermen first.” The Doctor nodded. And so, the newly formed dynamic duo exited the TARDIS. “Ready?” The Doctor asked. “I’ll die trying if I have to”. They both faced the devastated London, and marched right into the chaos…
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 22 Sep 2017 - 16:28

The Life of Elliot #3 - Tower of Death:
Elliot and the Doctor faced a devastated London, and marched right into the chaos…
The Doctor raised his screwdriver, popping off the heads of Cybermen left and right. Soldiers had moved in. They were opening fire on the Cybermen, although their bullets did little damage and left no scars. Every soldier was incinerated moments after engaging in combat with the Cybermen. A Cyberman pushed the Doctor to one side using a single arm, and lowered its head at Elliot. “You will not be harmed, you will be upgraded.” Elliot made a quirky response, “You think you’ve got fists of steel, take this!” And without thinking at all, he launched his fist at the Cyberman’s chest unit. He pulled it away slowly, slowly mumbling in pain. The Cybermen then picked him up, but as it did, Elliot had pulled out his phone, and smashed it directly into the Cyberman’s chest unit, causing it to shortcircuit. Elliot was dropped on his head, and had fallen unconscious.

“…I told you, I would come back for you. I promised.” Elliot was lying in a hospital bed, with a mysterious figure by his side. “Wait for me, don’t go. Stay there. I’ll be back with you soon.” Elliot slowly closed his eyes, and lay in the bed motionless. He was connected to life support, and he could hear his heart rate on the monitor. It was rapid and irregular, and then suddenly, it flatlined… The mysterious figure rose from Elliot’s bedside, and left the room without another word, leaving the deceased teen behind…

Elliot woke up. He was lying on the pavement still, with his head on a pillow. The Doctor and a soldier on either side of him. Once he had awoken, the Soldier had rushed back to his duties, giving the Doctor a syringe. Elliot couldn’t work out what they were saying. “You’re awake! Good! I’ve been looking forward to having you rejoin us.” The Doctor helped Elliot rise up. “Doctor… the Cybermen…” But the Doctor was gesturing him to slow down.

Once Elliot was ready, he jolted up. “What’s the plan?” Elliot was determined to finally complete his life’s goals. The Doctor briefed him on his plan. “Well thanks to you getting knocked out, I’ve had time to think. And I have a plan! We need to find a telephone mast. It has to be somewhere within London. Elliot thought, “Sorry, this is London, I doubt you’re just gonna find a mast randomly lying about here.” Elliot thought hope was lost, but the Doctor turned around and had a stoke of genius. “Oh, hello. I remember you.” The Doctor was looking at the BT tower. Elliot saw it too “The BT tower? That’s not exactly a telephone mast.” Elliot still felt hopeless. “No, it’s better! The signal covers a further distance. At the very least we should be able to disable the Cybermen within London, although that might not be too useful considering we don’t know the extent of their invasion. They could’ve taken every major city by now.” Elliot had regained some level of hope, “It’s a start isn’t it? It’s better to try and save one city than none.” Elliot began marching towards the tower. “Wait, Elliot.” The Doctor struggled to catch up with Elliot’s speedy pace. “Look, that tower is dangerous. The last time I was there, it was under control by a hypnotic machine, it possessed the scientists there, and it was powerful enough to make them manufacture war machines.” Elliot shrugged. “What’s wrong with dangerous? I already told you Doctor, I’ll die trying if I have to.” Elliot was unfazed by the Doctor’s confession, although even the Doctor felt slight remorse. Could he really carry the burden of another death on his conscience? He realised he couldn’t, he imagined the voices of Bill, Clara, Missy, River even, and realised it was time to fight. Time to do what a Doctor does best, save people. Without another thought, he copied Elliot’s march with his screwdriver in one hand, and made his way towards the BT tower, just slightly behind his new associate. 

The Doctor and Elliot entered around the back. They wanted to keep incognito, they had no idea what would await them at the entrance. But as luck would have it, no one was present in the building, they strolled right up to the lifts without resistance. “That was a bit easy wasn’t it?” Elliot asked the Doctor, who already had a wary expression on his face, accompanied by a raised eyebrow. “Yes… perhaps a little too easy. Maybe we’re expected…”

Being cautious, they opted to take the stairs rather than the lift. They went to the top floor which had previously housed the WOTAN machine, but now it was just an old server room, with the exception of a single thick magnetic pole in the centre of the room with a control panel enclosing it. A high-pitched noise was emitting from it. The Doctor pulled out his sonic screwdriver, but in an instant, it short-circuited. “No!” The Doctor genuinely sounded distressed. “I feel like I’ve just lost an old friend…”

Through the glass wall on the other side of the room, a Cyberman burst through, glass shards flung everywhere. One shard pierced the side of Elliot’s face and he threw himself on the ground to take cover. The Doctor on the other hand had motioned to use his screwdriver but then remembered it was destroyed. The Cyberman raised its arm at the Doctor. Bullets firing rapidly at the Cyberman startled Elliot, who had now gotten backup, and the Doctor; a soldier had followed them up the tower. The bullets from his rifle were completely futile towards the Cyberman, all they did was rebound off the metal man. The Cyberman moved its arm over and shot at the soldier, killing him and leaving his corpse with one white hot hole in his chest. The Doctor rushed to the rifle and picked it up, he had it aimed at the Cyberman, but then reaimed it at the control panel surrounding the pole. For a moment, the Doctor froze. Elliot saw the expression on his face, it was one of shame and shellshock, almost as though the Doctor had held a gun in a similar fashion before. The Cyberman cried “DELETE!”, bringing the Doctor out of his trance, and allowing him to open fire on the control panel. Sparks were spewing off it with each bullet until it exploded in flames. The Cyberman put its hands on its head, and it was making a mechanical screech. It blew up. Rushing towards the window, Elliot’s wound on his cheek had lines of blood trickling out from it. He saw Cybermen collapsing all over London, the crisis had passed. “Quicker than most.” The Doctor gloated…

Sitting outside a café, Elliot was enjoying a brownie. The Doctor was sat opposite him, with a hot chocolate. “So, have you considered it?” The Doctor eagerly asked him. “Doctor…” Elliot sounded remorseful, “I get it, you’re alone, and you’ve experienced loss. But we all have, some more than others. And do you know what I’ve learnt? No matter how hard you try, and no matter who you try, you can never fill in that gap. Once someone you love is gone, there will always be a pit of misery there, you can’t fill it in with the joy brought by someone else.” Elliot’s short monolouge had slightly tugged at the Doctor. “But that doesn’t mean you still can’t come. Everyone is different. And someone like you is already experienced, you’re not narrow-minded, I need you. Granted, weird and wonderful things will happen. In fact, something similar to that will shortly occur to me. And I need you to be there to oversee it, because your mind won’t deny your sights. You’ll be accepting of it. So, please, Elliot… Come aboard.” The Doctor’s eyes showed an expression similar to begging. Elliot leaned forward, “Doctor, it would be my honour, but…” Elliot knew what he was going to say, but didn’t want to offend the Doctor. “Back there, in the tower. You hesitated with the gun. At first I was bewildered as to why, but now I get it. You were a soldier, I can see that. You may not have taken lives, but you signed up to do so… and for that reason…” Elliot still struggled to tell the Doctor, “I just… I just wish you hadn’t of been a soldier…” And without another word, Elliot got up and walked off down the street. The Doctor was frozen, still with that same expression of “near-begging” on his face. He was at a loss, because the exact same reason that the Doctor had denied people in the past was the exact same reason why he himself had been denied. The Doctor’s greatest enemy, himself…
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Fri 22 Sep 2017 - 17:23

This is really great! Eagerly awaiting more.
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 22 Sep 2017 - 18:09

Dalek wrote:This is really great! Eagerly awaiting more.
Thanks Dalek! Glad you're enjoying them. I can also confirm for you there will be at least four more chapters!
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top