Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

Tales from New Earth

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tales from New Earth

Post by Dalek on Fri 25 Aug 2017 - 19:30

Big Finish have announced their latest set, a spin-off called Tales from New Earth based on the Eccleston and Tennant stories based in the same era.

Four adventures from the New Earth setting of TV’s episodes The End of the World, New Earth and Gridlock:
1.1 Escape From New New York by Roy Gill
1.2 Death in the New Forest by Roland Moore
1.3 The Skies of New Earth by Paul Morris
1.4 The Cats of New Cairo by Matt Fitton
More story details soon.
Directed By: Helen Goldwyn
Cast
With Adjoa Andoh (Sister Jara), Yasmin Bannerman (Sapling Vale), Anna Hope (Senator Hame), Kieran Hodgson (Devon Pryce), Derek Griffiths (Xylem Maple Dorm); James Dreyfus (The Most Exalted High Persian); Julian Rhind-Tutt (Berkhoff) and Louise Gold (President Grosseteste)
Further cast details to be announced shortly
Producer David Richardson
Script Editor Matt Fitton
Executive Producers Jason Haigh-Ellery and Nicholas Briggs

Surely I can't be the only one who thinks the decision to make this is as random as heck? I'm not knocking the set, everything Big Finish does (well, almost) is fantastic, and I love the TV trilogy so I'm sure this will be a good set, but...why? New Who has so many characters, even from one off episodes, which would work great in an audio spin-off, so why did they think of Novice Hame and descendants of a dead cat lady and a dead tree lady, plus somebody who has no connection to the series prior? As I said before, I'm looking forward to it, but there's other stuff I would have preferred to have seen sooner.
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top