Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

New companion?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New companion?

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 21 Aug 2017 - 23:16

Posting it in this section as its not confirmed. The Mirror reports:

The first female Doctor Who will have a male sidekick old enough to be her father, it has been revealed.

Jodie Whittaker , 35, will be accompanied on her travels through space and time by former Coronation Street star and quiz-show host Bradley Walsh , 57.

Recent companions have all been played by young women, including Billie Piper, Freema Agyeman and Jenna Coleman.

But, having bravely cast the first ever Time Lady, new show boss Chris Chibnall decided to go one further with Walsh.

The actor and writer go back a long way.

In 2008, Chibnall was the lead writer on ITV’s Law & Order UK, which starred Walsh as DS Ronnie Brooks and ran for eight successful series.

See here for the full article.

Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New companion?

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Tue 22 Aug 2017 - 9:44

Saw this article earlier. I actually wouldn't mind if it were the case, although I'm torn between how valid this claim is. Surely I'm not the only one who thinks that it's way too early to announce the new companion?
It's also worth mentioning despite how many newspapers are reporting this, it all originated from the Mirror.
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Tue 22 Aug 2017 - 19:46

I saw this on the front of the Mirror this morning, I'm a bit sceptical about it with it coming from the Mirror and all but I'd really like it if it were true,I think it could work.
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Tue 22 Aug 2017 - 19:49

I agree Dalek. It would be nice, although I'm not sure how real this claim is. After all, the Mirror were the same paper that reported Kris Marshall had been 'leaked' as the next Doctor.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 24 Aug 2017 - 15:47

Yesterday on Twitter BBC One mentioned it and Newsround....wait and see...I think
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 24 Aug 2017 - 18:45

To be honest, I think for the fans it will be difficult to view this whole "gender-reverse" scenario. We're used to a male Doctor who is the know-it-all and life-saver, and the companion being female and the one who tags along. It will be interesting to see this role-reversal, but at the same time it is going to feel slightly odd.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Thu 24 Aug 2017 - 19:34

Going slightly off topic, but can the BBC please donate some copies of Doctor Who reference works to every newspaper in the land? I saw enough bad press when Jodie Whittaker was announced (I think the funniest was that Bill was a plane pilot), but, having bought the Mirror over the past few days to see the Bradley Walsh coverage unfold, it was both hilarious and enraging to see so many mistakes. For example, the groundbreaking news that Jamie was the first male companion in the show, and, the day after, the 'discovery' that Bradley Walsh was in SJA. Honestly, a quick Google does no harm.
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 24 Aug 2017 - 22:14

HAHAHA typical press.  Jodie Whittaker is 36 and Bradley Walsh is 57, would not the BBC go for a younger companion so the kids can relate to them perhaps..
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 25 Aug 2017 - 9:34

I'm getting the feeling this new era of Doctor Who is going to be less about relating to kids, and focusing more on the adult audience and the writers saying "Stuff what you guys want, we run the show, deal with it!". The obvious example being casting a female doctor which everyone knew would cause a divide. The biggest problem now is people who were against the female doctor are now starting to warm up to her, but are kind of stuck in between.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Fri 25 Aug 2017 - 9:51

Its a family show. If they go for example of a young male companion the media will go on "hankie pankie in the Tardis" "Will they or won't they" ....
I hope whoever the companion is the relationship will be like the 12th Doctor & Bill
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum