Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» New companion?
Today at 9:44 by LastOfTheSonics

» Anthony Ainley - The Master.
Yesterday at 20:04 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» Happy birthday to the 7th Doctor & Ace.
Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 19:09 by Dalek

» In memory Anthony Ainley - The Master.
Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 10:56 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» Happy birthday to David Walliams & Barnaby Edwards
Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 10:54 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» Star Wars playset as a Dalek base
Sat 19 Aug 2017 - 19:27 by Dalek

» Target Novelisation Readings
Thu 17 Aug 2017 - 22:57 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» In memory,Graham Williams.
Thu 17 Aug 2017 - 10:49 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» 3.75" Line
Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 19:20 by Dalek

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

The 13th Doctor - Nearly a Month Onwards

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The 13th Doctor - Nearly a Month Onwards

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 14:01

So now that we're away from the shock of the 13th doctor reveal, I think we're all a bit more "clear-headed" about the subject now, and know how we feel about an actress being cast.

Me personally, I still hate this. I always will be against a female Doctor. Peter Davison raised many good points, however because some keyboard warriors couldn't accept someone having different views, they kept on sending hate and forced Davison to quit social media entirely.

For me, the biggest problem isn't Jodie herself. Jodie is a wonderful actress. The problem for me is what her being the Doctor has caused. There is a huge divide among the Whovian community. I even witnessed two of my friends have a falling out because of this. You might think that's just pathetic, but wake up people. This is what will happen when you make such a giant leap like this. To the idiots at the BBC who genuinely thought this would be received completely positively, thank you for completely ruin an entire community. 

Statistics seem to show that the "love:hate" ratio is currently 15:10. Yes, less people are giving negative feedback. But remember, these are still PEOPLE. You cannot just say that the response to the 13th Doctor is "overwhelmingly positive"! 

On the 13th doctor announcement trailer, the BBC have made this smug comment:

"A note on how this page is moderated: Doctor Who is family show so we need to ensure that this is a safe space for everyone to participate. Comments are removed if they break either YouTube’s Community Guidelines or the BBC’s Editorial Guidelines. We love having a passionate, dedicated and opinionated fandom and we welcome everyone irrespective of their galaxy of origin!"

Right right, a "family show"? Despite the increase in curse words over the more recent series? I'm fairly confident the term "bitch" has been used at least twice, and not to mention, that lewd joke between the Master and Missy in the finale was just unnecessary for a "family show".

"Comments are removed if they break either YouTube's Community Guidelines or the BBC's Editorial Guidelines."
In other words, you can't have freedom of speech on this haters. 

"We love having a passionate, dedicated and opinionated fandom and we welcome everyone irrespective of their galaxy of origin!"
Oh don't you even dare start making unfunny sci-fi jokes, and what do you mean a dedicated fandom? The fandom is currently divided! 

Now I know at least one person reading this is thinking I'm an SJW or that I should just "accept it". But I'm not just going to back down because the majority are positive towards this scenario. The minority are still people!
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Re: The 13th Doctor - Nearly a Month Onwards

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 17:37

For me I accept it and wait to see what she will bring to the role. However I can't help think its a bit of political correctness...

Funny you should post your thoughts, two other Doctor have given their views. One from when Jodie Whittaker was announced (Tom Baker) the other being more recently Christopher Eccelston.

First article is Tom Baker here

Christopher Eccleston here
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 18:03

Thanks for those links. 

One further point, many people are saying that since the Master has become female, there shouldn't really be any backlash on the Doctor becoming female. But that is a VERY self-defeating point; because we know timelords can change genders, so what is the point of rubbing that message in again? And why with the one character who is present throughout the entire show?
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 20:29

All we can do is wait and see....
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content