Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

2017 Christmas Special .

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2017 Christmas Special .

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Wed 28 Jun 2017 - 7:09

Filming for the Christmas special has begun in the public locations, and photos taken by fans on site have revealed Peter Capaldi and David Bradley on set together. Confirming we will be getting a multi-doctor story of the 1st and 12th doctors.

Last edited by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Wed 12 Jul 2017 - 20:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changing title of post and adding photo.)
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Re: 2017 Christmas Special .

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Wed 12 Jul 2017 - 20:12

Even the Doctor Who Christmas special director doesn’t know who will replace Peter Capaldi.

See here
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Wed 12 Jul 2017 - 20:13

Rumour has it that two more classic characters have been re-cast. My guess Ben & Polly?
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 13 Jul 2017 - 6:46

I wouldn't be surprised, but at the same time I hope not. I feel as though whatever happens would probably ruin the end of the tenth planet.

Oh yeah forgot to say, I think this is set in the same place and time as the tenth planet. Maybe the Cybermen will return too.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 13 Jul 2017 - 9:37

I think so too.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 16 Jul 2017 - 8:56

New promo picture.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 16 Jul 2017 - 9:07

So presumably the Christmas Special will be a direct continuation of the series finale then. No time jumps.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 16 Jul 2017 - 9:13

LastOfTheSonics wrote:So presumably the Christmas Special will be a direct continuation of the series finale then. No time jumps.
I would assume so.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Wed 19 Jul 2017 - 17:25

"trying to prove a point?" "I will not change!"

These quotes give me a good idea of when the Christmas Special is set and why. 

The TARDIS disagrees with the doctor, and believes he should change. Hence the "trying to prove a point?" a quote. That's why the TARDIS has taken him to the First Doctor, to show him how much he has changed, and why regeneration is important.

I'm still worried there's going to be so much discontinuity.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Wed 19 Jul 2017 - 19:55

Some are worried Moffat might re-do the first regeneration, I doubt it.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Wed 19 Jul 2017 - 19:56

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Wed 19 Jul 2017 - 19:57

Reminds me of a song your post lol
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 23 Jul 2017 - 20:55

Preview of the Christmas special will be around 10.30pm this evening. Will post once its up.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 23 Jul 2017 - 22:14

Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 23 Jul 2017 - 23:02

Scenes from the Christmas special trailer.
1st Doctor with his companion Polly, 12th Doctor and Bill, 1st & 12 and their two Tardiss'.

Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Mon 24 Jul 2017 - 7:27

Mark Gatiss will also be joining the cast this episode.

Ben and Polly... Are you kidding me. What's next the Mondasian Cybermen in the wrong design?

Considering Ben and Polly never mention this, I'm slightly concerned about canon.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 24 Jul 2017 - 8:45

LastOfTheSonics wrote:Mark Gatiss will also be joining the cast this episode.

Ben and Polly... Are you kidding me. What's next the Mondasian Cybermen in the wrong design?

Considering Ben and Polly never mention this, I'm slightly concerned about canon.
Yea you can see him in the trailer. Well if the Mondasian Cybermen are to be in it, they would use the ones from the Doctor falls..
As for Ben & Polly, well I read a theory that in the 10th Planet when the Doctor is in the sick bay, he may have gone on an adventure himself...
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Mon 24 Jul 2017 - 8:55

Hate to continue being pessimistic, but the actress in this episode looks nothing like Anneke Wills during her time as Polly.

Using the new Mondasian ones will cause a massive plothole, especially considering the trailer would indicate certain scenes from the tenth planet are being recreated here. Am I the only one who's noticed that the original Mondasian Cybermen and the new ones are not identical? For example: the headlamps & chest unit are different, and the torso weapon is non-removable on the new ones. Also the new ones can fire out of their headlamps.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 24 Jul 2017 - 9:04

Oh I know they are not identical.

Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Mon 24 Jul 2017 - 12:04

So if they do use that newer design, continuity is basically butchered. 

Would this episode count as the third part in a three-part story? I mean World Enough and time and the Doctor Falls obviously are the same story, but does the cliffhanger at the end of the Doctor Falls make this connected to?

Also worth noting I don't think the TARDIS has travelled in time for this story, but rather just in space. Think about it, the amount of time lapsed on the colony ship for the Doctor could possibly have positioned the story concurrently to the Tenth Planet.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 24 Aug 2017 - 16:16

Hollyoaks star Jared Garfield will play a classic Doctor Who companion in the Christmas special. See here
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 24 Aug 2017 - 18:44

Not sure how I feel about all these recasts. I can sense quite a bit of discontinuity in the air.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 14 Sep 2017 - 21:25

Doctor Who’s Steven Moffatt teases Peter Capaldi’s ‘very dark’ final fling in Christmas special

See The Metro

Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sat 16 Sep 2017 - 16:01

The latest synopsis seems to imply that the "Captain" could possibly be a character the Doctor has met before. Seriously, does Moffat even listen to the fans? Because if it's a younger version of the Brigadier, I'll be quite upset. I'm already upset as it is with the Ben & Polly recasts that couldn't look any less like the original characters.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 17 Sep 2017 - 10:30

I think the chap playing Ben has a resemblace.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 17 Sep 2017 - 10:31

BBC Worldwide has issued the press synopsis for the Doctor Who Christmas Episode Twice Upon A Time.

The episode will be the last story to star Peter Capaldi as The Doctor and will feature David Bradley in the role of the First Doctor.

Pearl Mackie returns as Bill Potts, alongside Lily Travers and Jared Garfield who recreate the first Doctor's companions Polly and Ben. Mark Gatiss also joins the cast as The Captain

Two Doctors stranded in a forbidding snowscape, refusing to face regeneration. And a British army captain seemingly destined to die in the First World War, but taken from the trenches to play his part in the Doctor’s story. This is the magical last chapter in the Twelfth Doctor’s epic adventure. He must face his past to decide his future. And the Doctor will realise the resilience of humanity, discovering hope in his darkest frozen moment. It’s the end of an era. But the Doctor’s journey is only just beginning.
The information was released by the BBC Shop in the United States who have posted details of the DVD release of the story.

Once again the US gets the information first.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 17 Sep 2017 - 17:18

The US. Wow. I'm not even going to begin ranting about that. Looks like Doctor Who is suffering the same illness as Torchwood, it's becoming Americanised. Seriously, in the nicest way possible, could America just shove off a little bit.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Tue 26 Sep 2017 - 23:11

From the Radio Times :
This December’s Christmas special is set to be momentous for a number of reasons, with Twice Upon a Time serving simultaneously as Peter Capaldi’s final adventure as the Doctor, Steven Moffat’s final writing credit and Jodie Whittaker’s first appearance as the Thirteenth Doctor.

But of course the episode will also have the distinction of hosting the return of the very first incarnation of the Doctor, originally played by William Hartnell in the first 1960s episodes of the show and now taken over by David Bradley (after the Harry Potter and Game of Thrones star previously played Hartnell in 2013 making-of drama An Adventure in Space and Time).
And it’s the original Doctor’s inclusion that raises some of the most interesting possibilities about the upcoming episode. Since Bradley’s involvement was announced it’s been revealed that at least some of the action is taking place during Hartnell’s final episode The Tenth Planet, with the episode trailer depicting sets and characters from the episode.
Even more interestingly, the opening scene of the Twice Upon a Time trailer morphs between archive footage of Hartnell and new colourised footage of Bradley, leading many fans to wonder whether the finished episode will feature more recreations of the classic (and partially lost) episode – speculation only fanned by episode director Rachel Talalay in a recent interview.

“I feel like I’m an expert in the Tenth Planet! I think I’ve watched Tenth Planet more than anybody,” Talalay told the This Week in Time Travel podcast earlier this month when asked about her expertise classic-era Cybermen for the series 10 finale.

And then, she added an enticing postscript.

“Sections of it I’ve watched over and over again for reasons that will become clearer over Christmas,” she said.

“And also different reconstructions and the animated reconstructions. So yeah – I’ve watched sections of it a LOT.”

So could this suggest Talalay has been poring over these classic scenes so she can accurately recreate them just like Hartnell’s speech from the trailer? Will we see more morphs from the original episode to brand-new footage, or was that technique only intended for a one-off promotional shot? And generally speaking, will we spend this Christmas enjoying sections of the First Doctor’s final hours lovingly reimagined on screen, or watching a story that largely ignores the earlier one altogether?

Frustratingly as ever, we can’t know for sure until nearer the time. But we reckon old series fans like Moffat and Capaldi would be loth to miss out on the chance to pay tribute to a truly classic episode of Doctor Who – and even if they did go in a different direction, there are doubtlessly legions of fans who could stitch together the two stories for fleeting online acclaim.

One way or another, we’ll almost definitely see these two separate estranged figures brought together – and in the end, isn’t that what Christmas is all about?

Doctor Who returns to BBC1 this Christmas
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Wed 27 Sep 2017 - 6:45

Not sure how I feel about recreations within the episode... I mean it's a nice thought, but no matter how hard they try it won't be identical to the original scene.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Wed 27 Sep 2017 - 9:36

Its all speculation at the moment. I was thinking I don't mind if they add something to Tenth Planet, just as long as they don't replace it, like the regeneration.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Wed 27 Sep 2017 - 16:49

I think it would be better if it was just set outside of any of the stories to be honest. The first doctor is aware of his regeneration towards the start of the Tenth Planet, so it would have been better to place it between the Smugglers and the Tenth Planet.

Hopefully this remains speculation, and they won't actually be re-creating scenes. Rachel Talalay has been one of the greatest directors in my opinion, I really hope she doesn't let herself down now.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Wed 27 Sep 2017 - 21:00

Last why do you say the 1st Doctor was aware of his regeneration?
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Wed 27 Sep 2017 - 21:12

When he passes out during the story, I seem to recall just before he was talking about change? Not the infamous wearing a bit thin line, something else
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Wed 27 Sep 2017 - 21:38

I am not sure...I'd have to check the DVD. Interesting if he has.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Tue 7 Nov 2017 - 21:50

By Huw Fullerton from the Radio Times:

While we still have a couple of months before we see this year’s eagerly-anticipated Doctor Who Christmas special (featuring the debut of new Doctor Jodie Whittaker), fans won’t have to wait too long before they get to see a little bit more of Twelfth Doctor Peter Capaldi’s final stand – because a special “sneak peek” of Twice Upon a Time is coming to TV next week.

RadioTimes.com has confirmed with the BBC that the clip will air on BBC1 during Friday 17th November’s Children in Need broadcast, and will take the form of a scene from the final episode rather than a special one-off scene created specifically for Children in Need, as has sometimes been the case.

The clip is set to air during the earlier part of the Children in Need broadcast (7:30-10:00pm), and continues a tradition stretching back to 2005 when fans got their very first look at David Tennant’s Tenth Doctor in action for that year’s broadcast. Since then, the series has almost always produced a one-off sketch or preview clip associated with the Christmas special for fans to enjoy during the charity event, so it’s great to see the tradition continue.

Currently, it’s unclear exactly what the content of this new scene will be, but it seems likely the first-look footage will involve Capaldi and David Bradley’s First Doctor, with the Harry Potter and Game of Thrones star taking over the iconic role from late original actor William Hartnell (who played this first incarnation of the Time Lord in the 1960s).

Whatever the footage ends up being of, though, we’re sure it’ll be just the thing to whet fans’ appetites for the full Christmas meal this December. We’re starting our own Doctor Who advent calendar early this year…

Doctor Who returns to BBC1 this Christmas
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sat 11 Nov 2017 - 11:33

Love these people. That's the last time I'm ever saying that about the main cast of the show thanks to Whittaker and Bradley, the other two I can't be asked to remember.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 16 Nov 2017 - 9:44

Minor spoilers.

Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 16 Nov 2017 - 17:14

(Minor Spoilers in this post)

And I thought the Polly lookalike was bad...

Seriously? Right just look at "Ben" for a moment. I'm getting more of a parody feel rather than actual attempt at recreating a character. If I didn't already know this guy was playing Ben, I actually wouldn't know this is.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 16 Nov 2017 - 19:52

Ben's wig just looks like a wig. Someone on twitter compared Polly to........

Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 16 Nov 2017 - 21:06

This would work better as a Children in Need special rather than a Christmas one. It's just a complete parody with these un-lookalikes
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Fri 17 Nov 2017 - 23:41

Trailer.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content