Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

Future of Merchandise

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Future of Merchandise

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Wed 21 Jun 2017 - 22:47

Original post on WHONA (Who North America forum).

Whona posted the following on their forum earlier. Food for thought: "Just a heads up, but a lot of companies are dropping the Doctor Who license this year. This includes: USAopoly (Doctor Who Monopoly, Clue, Risk, Yahtzee, Trivial Pursuit) Culturenik (Doctor Who mugs, posters, fridge magnets) And while we have not had official announcement from certain other companies, the amount of items available through them is rapidly decreasing, giving us reason to believe they will drop their license as well. Meanwhile, newly introduced products are few and far between, with many items apparently suspended in developmental he11. These are signs of a diminishing property in popularity. We keep reducing numbers on items (books, Big Finish audios, etc), only to find that we have not reduced quantities ENOUGH. People are not buying Doctor Who items like they did 3 years ago. While this has nothing specifically to do with UT, I seriously doubt they are not experiencing the same situation. "

Also Character Options have renewed their licence this year.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Future of Merchandise

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Thu 22 Jun 2017 - 1:13

It's 2017, people are reasonably intelligent. You want a Big Finish audio, you buy it from Big Finish not WHONA. The Warlord Miniatures HAVE to be ordered direct from source if you are international on orders from the BBC.

The middle man is dying out and the rubbish extras they peddle are going with them. That's the world we live in.
The Eternal Dalek
NUWHO Davros

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 22 Jun 2017 - 6:59

I wouldn't be surprised if CO give us even more 12th doctor variants. Maybe a Bill figure if we're lucky.

I want a S10 wave like with the first six series of the revived show. But maybe those days are behind merchandise now.
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 22 Jun 2017 - 7:43

The Eternal Dalek wrote:It's 2017, people are reasonably intelligent. You want a Big Finish audio, you buy it from Big Finish not WHONA. The Warlord Miniatures HAVE to be ordered direct from source if you are international on orders from the BBC.

The middle man is dying out and the rubbish extras they peddle are going with them. That's the world we live in.
True about Big Finish but its been said £14.99 for a CD is a bit overpriced. BBC seem to issue the licence for anything.
Take Big Chief , reason the Clara figure has been delayed is due to a lack of series last year, so I think the BBC is to blame, they don't exactly promote it well..

With Character renewing their licence, I hope we get classic and new who figures. Al Dewar claimed in the DWM toy special that figures only sell well in North America, North America say they can't get them! Again lack of promotion here...He also said no more classics...if true I think that is a mistake. I do think though CO should appoint someone else to do the range...fresh eyes etc...
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 22 Jun 2017 - 7:51

Why are CO even focusing on America when the home of Doctor Who is right here! Stuff the Americans I say, both TITANS and Funko are based in the US. We deserve CO merchandise more because we live at the home of the show!
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top