Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

"The Pyramid at the End of the World" - Episode 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The Pyramid at the End of the World" - Episode 7

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sat 20 May 2017 - 20:24

I'm feeling hit and miss about this episode, as in I'm excited to see the whole "simulation story" continue, but at the same time the episode does look a bit dull from the next time trailer. I really hope we get some more context behind The Monks in this episode, because I really want to know what they truly are. 

I hope Missy returns in the episode, as just having her in Extremis would kind of be silly and pointless. I'm still certain The Master is in the vault. I think Missy has actually degenerated into her previous incarnation which is why we still haven't seen inside it yet.

UPDATE: Missy will NOT return in this episode, however she will reappear in the following episode, "The Lie of the Land".
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Re: "The Pyramid at the End of the World" - Episode 7

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 25 May 2017 - 23:33

From the Radio Times:

By Huw Fullerton and Paul Jones
Thursday 25 May 2017 at 4:34PM
This week’s episode of BBC sci-fi series Doctor Who will have a section of dialogue removed as a mark of respect to victims of Monday night's terrorist attack in Manchester, RadioTimes.com understands. 
The excerpt in question from upcoming story The Pyramid at the End of the World made passing references to terrorism as part of a more general discussion of threats to Earth, but the BBC has decided that as a matter of sensitivity it should be removed.
The rest of the episode will remain unchanged and will air in its scheduled BBC1 slot of 7:45pm on Saturday 25th May.
"Following the tragic events in Manchester, we have made a small edit to this week's episode of Doctor Who," a BBC spokesperson told RadioTimes.com.
This is not the first time the BBC has been moved to alter an episode of Doctor Who due to real-life tragedy, with the Corporation previously re-editing 2014 story Robot of Sherwood when elements of the story echoed real-life atrocities committed by Islamic State. 
The Manchester attack has resulted in numerous changes to the TV schedules this week. On Tuesday, Jimmy McGovern's new northern drama Broken was replaced on BBC1 by an episode of Blue Planet, while Channel 4 drama Ackley Bridge has been edited to remove a hoax bomb plot storyline. And due to the suspension of general election campaigning, Andrew Neil's interviews with party leaders Theresa May, Paul Nuttall and Tim Farron have also been postponed.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 26 May 2017 - 6:52

Sorry no disrespect but I'm slightly annoyed by this. I get they want to be respectful, but have the BBC really only just decided that they have sensitive material in their episodes?

Who remembers remembers back in 2015 when we had the Zygon Inversion? That aired a few days after the Russian Plane was shot down, but they still proceeded with Bonnie shooting down the Doctor's plane and had no dedication or respect for the events earlier in the week.

Seriously I am truly sorry to those who have suffered from the Manchester bombings, but I don't feel as though this should have any affect on a sci-fi TV show.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Fri 26 May 2017 - 19:12

Its sensitivity. Also Doctor Who is watched by a lot of children too. So they probably though best to be safe than sorry.  Also the fact the attack happened in the UK so closer to home..
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 26 May 2017 - 19:25

Will the visual scene still be played without any audio or is the whole thing completely cut? And will they release the full scene in future?
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Fri 26 May 2017 - 19:40

LastOfTheSonics wrote:Who remembers remembers back in 2015 when we had the Zygon Inversion? That aired a few days after the Russian Plane was shot down, but they still proceeded with Bonnie shooting down the Doctor's plane and had no dedication or respect for the events earlier in the week.
The Zygon Invasion scene caused quite a bit of controversy and got a number of complaints. Granted, it was a huge scene in the episode and they couldn't cut it (and it would have been a lot of hassle to reschedule), but I imagine they wouldn't want to repeat that again.
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Fri 26 May 2017 - 23:49

Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sat 27 May 2017 - 20:40

Well I really enjoyed this episode, however I feel as though Extremis was better still. 

The whole story with the Monks was great and I love how it was developed, although I felt as if it took a bit of a u-turn with the Monks wanting permission despite running the simulations in the previous episode.

For anyone who has seen Class, I'm slightly starting to feel as though this is actually the Arrival. And that these Monks are the Weeping Angels by some degree.

Did anyone else notice Capaldi was using the CO toy sonic rather than the actual prop?
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sat 27 May 2017 - 21:52

What a cracking episode that was this evening.. had me on the edge of my sofa. But Bill what have you done.Razz

No didn't notice the Doctor using the toy Sonic.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Sat 27 May 2017 - 22:37

LastOfTheSonics wrote:Well I really enjoyed this episode, however I feel as though Extremis was better still. 

The whole story with the Monks was great and I love how it was developed, although I felt as if it took a bit of a u-turn with the Monks wanting permission despite running the simulations in the previous episode.

For anyone who has seen Class, I'm slightly starting to feel as though this is actually the Arrival. And that these Monks are the Weeping Angels by some degree.

Did anyone else notice Capaldi was using the CO toy sonic rather than the actual prop?

David Tennant used a CO toy sonic for pretty much his entire run, wouldn't surprise me.

They are cheap, easy to make and easy to replace if someone breaks one.
The Eternal Dalek
NUWHO Davros

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 28 May 2017 - 7:44

Makes me feel bad for Nick Robatto. He made three props for the new sonic.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Sun 28 May 2017 - 19:37

I enjoyed this episode-very reminiscent of 2015's Zygon two parter, which is definitely one of my favourite stories ever. Only criticism would be that Nardole is still kind of written as Matt Lucas in all but name-I can imagine him saying "I'm not just sexy" in real life, when he should be developing more of a character. Seen a few complaints about the nature of the episode, but it didn't bother me too much, I think the fictional nature made it far enough removed from reality not to cause offence given the recent events.

As a side note, it really bugs me how they stylised the title in the credits as-
THE PYRAMID
AT THE END OF THE WORLD

Why was it not
THE PYRAMID AT THE
END OF THE WORLD

which would have been more evenly space and aesthetically pleasing?
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 29 May 2017 - 15:13

Doctor Who fans shocked after Bill shoots the Doctor in trailer for next week's episode.
Full story in The Mirror

She shoots at the Time Lord for unknown reasons (Photo: bbcdoctorwho/Twitter)
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 29 May 2017 - 15:18

Although Bill is tough enough, can't believe she would pick up a gun and shoot the Doctor....But just looked at the trailer again, I think we are being tricked...the way its cut it looks like she shoots the Doctor but she might be shooting at someone/something else..
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Mon 29 May 2017 - 18:26

Ok, so for those of you who want to know whether or not Bill shoots the Doctor then I have the true answer here. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK I will not take any responsibility for spoilerphobes.

Bill DOES shoot the Doctor and manages a direct hit. This is shown in the trailer by the last shot where you can see the slider cocking back and the gun then fires. Back in the old series 10 trailer, you can see the Doctor leaning on the table as his regeneration begins, and he is gripping his chest. THis is because it is where Bill shot him. Then the Doctor starts to regenerate, as also shown in the S10 trailer. He is wearing the same clothes and the room is the same as well. We are NOT being tricked, for once the BBC actually isn't baiting fans on board.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 29 May 2017 - 22:25

Not read it but you can hide text on here, but how do you know what happens? Has it been leaked?
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Tue 30 May 2017 - 7:27

No, I have just deduced it using what the trailers have presented us with. There are many others whom have also come up with a similar answer, as if you know where to look it is actually quite obvious to work it out.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top