Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

Michelle Gomez leaving WHO

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Michelle Gomez leaving WHO

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Tue 16 May 2017 - 9:16

The Scottish actress who plays Missy says “it’s the end of a chapter” as she announces she will quit the series when showrunner Moffat steps down.

From the Radio Times:
Michelle Gomez has revealed that she’s leaving Doctor Who.

The Scottish star (who has played villain Missy since 2014) has chosen to say goodbye to the BBC sci-fi series due to the departure of lead actor Peter Capaldi and head writer Steven Moffat this Christmas.

“My pals are going so I’m going,” Gomez told RadioTimes.com. “Everybody’s leaving, so I’m going too. I mean, what would I do without Peter and Steven? Who would I be?

“Nah, it’s done now. It’s over. It’s the end of a chapter,” she confirmed.

Gomez first appeared in 2014 episode Deep Breath as the mysterious Missy, who over the course of that year’s series was revealed to be a female regeneration of classic villain the Master (previously played by Roger Delgado, Anthony Ainley and John Simm among others).

So far she’s appeared in nine separate episodes, and is set to return for three more (including the two-part series 10 finale) in Doctor’s Who’s current run, where she’s expected to team up with her predecessor as the Master, John Simm.

And Gomez says there’s plenty she’ll miss about her time in the series, which has seen her become a hit with fans.
“[I’ll miss] the fact that it was probably one of the best jobs I’ve ever had,” she told us. “The fact that I’m a woman of a certain age who’s this ass-kicking action figure.
“I won’t miss the corset because that was agony, and I’m a woman that likes a big lunch. And that’s not fun to wear after you’ve had two helpings and dessert. 
“So I won’t miss that. But I’ll miss the amazing, wonderful, incredible Peter Capaldi, who I think is one of the best Doctors we’ve ever had. I’ll miss somebody like Steven Moffat writing me the best lines I’ve ever had in my career. 
“I won’t miss the rain in Wales, but I will miss Wales. And the incredible crew that work so hard. It’s not work for them, it’s a passion, and that’s wonderful to be surrounded by. It’s very inspiring and energising.
“Yeah, I’m gonna miss a lot about that job,” she concluded. “It was a great job.”
Doctor Who continues on BBC1 on Saturday evenings
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Michelle Gomez leaving WHO

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Tue 16 May 2017 - 16:13

Oh no! This is a shame! She had a huge challenge being the first female master, and I think she nailed it! I was totally up for seeing more of her in future series! I wonder if we'll finally see the concept of degeneration perhaps? Maybe John Simm will take his role back?
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Tue 16 May 2017 - 17:53

Oh I hope not...
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Tue 16 May 2017 - 19:12

I agree Last, this is a shame, but kind of understandable-she's the Capaldi Master and I don't think she'd work with anybody else, the same way Delgado was so perfect for the Pertwee era.
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Fri 19 May 2017 - 7:47

This Tweet she posted on Twitter:

MichelleGomez‏Verified account @MichelleGomez May 18

Let's get this straight people. Never believe what you read. #missydon'tquit @DoctorWho_BBCA
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 19 May 2017 - 7:57

Wait? So she isn't leaving? I'm confused.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Fri 19 May 2017 - 19:28

Me too. She's on the front of this week's TV and Satellite Week and the headline literally says 'Doctor Who-Michelle Gomez-"Why I'm leaving"'.
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 19 May 2017 - 19:48

I swear if this is newspaper companies making up false stories just to get clicks and purchases, I'm actually going to lose my mind. To have a misleading a title is one thing, but to publicise an entire article of lies is something else. I can guarantee the article is so far removed from the title, that it somehow diverts attention away from her "leaving" and onto something like how she felt about her role in Series 10. Seriously, if a newspaper company fakes a story, they will try to divert the readers' attention away from their deception.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Fri 19 May 2017 - 23:26

LastOfTheSonics wrote:I swear if this is newspaper companies making up false stories just to get clicks and purchases, I'm actually going to lose my mind. To have a misleading a title is one thing, but to publicise an entire article of lies is something else. I can guarantee the article is so far removed from the title, that it somehow diverts attention away from her "leaving" and onto something like how she felt about her role in Series 10. Seriously, if a newspaper company fakes a story, they will try to divert the readers' attention away from their deception.

From what she's saying there she thinks she's finished, but if they asked her back she'd certainly be happy to talk.
The Eternal Dalek
NUWHO Davros

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sat 20 May 2017 - 7:04

Ah right that's better than. I get that everyone else is leaving, but I think it's still too soon for her to go. The only spotlight episodes she's had are S8 finale and S9 opener, and in S9 she was more of a companion rather than a villain. I definitely want to see her for at least one more series after this.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sat 20 May 2017 - 8:58

I did see something yesterday she maybe in more stories that we think, how true that is I don't know.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top