Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

"Knock Knock" Episode 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Knock Knock" Episode 4

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 16:07

Probably the most complex and sinister episode this series, Knock Knock will have a slightly more "mind-twisting" villain. 

This episode will also have a 3D surround sound audio option on BBC iPlayer. Because of this, I personally will be watching the episode twice. Once for the higher quality on TV, and a second time on BBC iPlayer for the surround sound. (For those who don't know, BBC iPlayer airs in lower quality than an LG widescreen TV)

What intrigues me the most for this episode is David Suchet's character "The Landlord", although he will probably have a more antagonistic name which is bound to be revealed as the episode develops.

Also, I'm going to make a prediction now about this episode. There will be an exchange like this:
*Knocking on the wall"
The Doctor: "Who's there?"

Seriously though if there isn't a knock knock joke, the episode can't score full marks, for real. Especially with that title.
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Re: "Knock Knock" Episode 4

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 20:50

Matt Lucas will have a cameo role as Nardole again unfortunately. However, in the following episode "Oxygen" he will finally be a prominent companion at long last. He will also be involved in the three-parter following on.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Tue 2 May 2017 - 7:24

BBC have released promotional pictures from Knock Knock. See here
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Wed 3 May 2017 - 16:14

Interesting. Also one of the supporting cast members in this episode guest starred on "The Thick of It", however whether or not Capaldi crossed paths with her before is unknown. She's also known for that CBBC show "Wolfblood". 

This episode by far has the most mystery shrouded around it, I feel as though it's going to be like "Listen" in the fact that even once the episode is over, you're still going to be pondering about what was really going on.

I really hope there's a reference to "Blink" considering it's the same filming location as well as at least one "knock knock" joke.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Wed 3 May 2017 - 19:26

Bit of a possible spoiler ahead-

I see on IMDB there is a credit for 'Young Landlord', implying we will see a younger version of David Suchet's character. Could this support the theories of him being a Time Lord, or will there simply be a bit of flashback involved?
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Wed 3 May 2017 - 19:54

Dalek wrote:Bit of a possible spoiler ahead-

I see on IMDB there is a credit for 'Young Landlord', implying we will see a younger version of David Suchet's character. Could this support the theories of him being a Time Lord, or will there simply be a bit of flashback involved?

It could just be an internet troll. IMDB has had that happen before. I know a few examples. For Fear the Walking Dead the casting list matched up with incorrect character names, as well as actors who weren't even in the show. 

I honestly do think he is a time lord, but I'm pessimistic about a flashback being the reason why. I reckon it will probably be something to do with "the tower", as in the Landlord will tell his story as to why it's off limits whilst playing flashbacks to accompany what he is saying. Like in the Unicorn and the Wasp or the Sound of Drums.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Wed 3 May 2017 - 20:31

There could be another landlord in it.
I hope its not like Listen, that had so much hype and I felt it was a let down...
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Wed 3 May 2017 - 20:51

Admin-Emperor Dalek wrote:There could be another landlord in it.
I hope its not like Listen, that had so much hype and I felt it was a let down...
Listen really got to me though. Even now I still believe there actually is a creature that has perfected hiding so well, we may not even know it exists...
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Thu 4 May 2017 - 19:30

Another possible spoiler, from people who have early copies of DWM-

The Vault will open earlier than the finale, in episode six (Extremis, the Missy one, which adds to the theories the Master's in there).

Personally, I think it will have something to do with the Monks and the Veritas, 'the book everyone is dying to read' according to the new DWM front cover.
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 4 May 2017 - 21:20

Thanks for that information Dalek.

Admin, I believe what Dalek has posted was that spoiler I informed you of privately.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 5 May 2017 - 17:44

This preview contains several features that have got me doing some serious speculation. There is a great reference in it for longer-term Whovians and there is also something else that leads me to wonder an impossible theory.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sat 6 May 2017 - 9:36

Will the binaural version of this episode be broadcast live or will it be an iPlayer exclusive?
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Sat 6 May 2017 - 16:40

It'll be an iPlayer exclusive. There was a feature on the episode this morning on the BBC Click programme, usually broadcast in a truncated form on BBC Breakfast. It'll probably be on again tomorrow at 7:50, or you can catch the full half hour on iPlayer, and I think they put it on the news channel or BBC Two sometimes.
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sat 6 May 2017 - 20:16

Well that episode was good. Not quite completely at my expectations, but I did enjoy watching it and I will most likely give the "binaural" experience a try.

I am now 265% sure The Master is in the vault. And here's why:
-In "The End of Time", the Master is starving and literally eats ANYTHING. This would explain why the Doctor has two bags of takeaway. 
-Also in "The End of Time", he consumes humans too. Which would imply why he reacts when the Doctor says "lots of young people got eaten in that house".

I loved the piano bit at the end, Fur Elise by Ludwig Van Beethoven is actually one of my favourite music pieces ever composed. 

I do wish Matt Lucas had more screen time within the past three episodes rather than just scenes with the Vault, and I am looking forward to seeing a lot more of his character next week.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Sun 7 May 2017 - 19:29

I really enjoyed the episode-I've seen a lot of criticism of it, but mainly from old fans who are resistant to change, hardly any actually founded on anything. My only flaw with it would be that everybody came back but it was sort of understandable, otherwise they would have had to do something with Bill dealing with it, which they couldn't do in the running time.

I agree about Nardole, his scenes just feel so tacked on it's painful. I'm glad he has something to do next week, at least. I think next week's will have a good script, just not sure about the visuals. I mean, the CGI looks stunning, but some of the design feels a bit dated.
Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Mon 8 May 2017 - 7:31

I've just realised I spoke about the vault but not the actual episode so here's goes:

7/10, because:

-I always love episodes that build up suspense and a wild mystery. For example Listen. 
-David Suchet definitely made the landlord a creepy character.
-i loved how the flashbacks were portrayed how everyone thought it was just to throw us viewers off balance before the bombshell hit.
-Capaldi's acting definitely had a humourous tone to it.
-And of course, the Knock Knock jokes.

Now for the bad stuff:
-The ending felt extremely rushed. One moment everyone was dead, the next they were alive again, and now suddenly the house is falling. Bit anti-climatic if you ask me.
-We didn't really get any insight into the "bugs". What exactly were they, where did they come from, etc?
-Plot Armour - The supporting characters get consumed within a matter of seconds, but for the main cast Doctor and Bill the bugs just happen to go really slowly towards them so they can negotiate their lives.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 14 May 2017 - 22:44

Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content