Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

"Thin Ice" - Episode 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Thin Ice" - Episode 3

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 23 Apr 2017 - 18:20

Out of all the episodes this series, this is probably the one I'm looking forward to the least. I'm just not interested by giant fictional monsters.

Is anyone else getting a Series 1 vibe from this series? Let me explain.

The Doctor meets his new companion (Rose) and they have to stop an alien life form in the present day (Nestene). (Ep. 1 - Rose)
The Doctor meets his new companion (Bill) and they have to stop an alien life form in the present day (Heather). (Ep. 1 - The Pilot)
The Doctor takes his new companion to the far future, where the Earth is about to die. (Ep. 2 - End of the World)
The Doctor takes his new companion to the far future, where the Earth has been evacuated. (Ep. 2 - Smile)
After an adventure in the future (The End of the World), the Doctor takes his new companion to the past. (Ep. 3 - The Unquiet Dead)
After an adventure in the future (Smile), the Doctor takes his new companion to the past. (Ep. 3 - Thin Ice)
After the Past, Present, Future trio, the Doctor and his companion return for an adventure on Present Day Earth. (Ep. 4 - Aliens of London)
After the Past, Present, Future trio, the Doctor and his companion return for an adventure on Present Day Earth. (Ep. 4 - Knock Knock)

An old foe of the Doctor's returns. (Ep. 6 - Dalek)
An old foe of the Doctor's returns. (Ep. 6 - Extremis)

One of the Doctor's oldest enemies invades Earth with a vast fleet. (Ep. 12/13 - Bad Wolf/Parting of the Ways)
One of the Doctor's oldest enemies invades Earth with a vast fleet, old and new designs alike. (Ep. 11/12 - World Enough and Time/The Doctor Falls)

You guys get what I mean right?
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Re: "Thin Ice" - Episode 3

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 9:54

Well I enjoyed that very much. Great effects too. Pearl Mackies Bill is brilliant. Loved it when the Doctor gave Sutcliffe a right hook.
Just one question how did the Doctor & Bill get out of the Ice so easily?
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 16:02

I'm not saying the episode was bad, because quite frankly it wasn't. But the Pilot and Smile were both better in my opinion.

Then again, maybe that's just because I was excited for Series 10 by the time the Pilot came around, and I enjoyed Smile because i'm a fan of Black Mirror.

What hooked me for this episode was in the trailer when Bill asked the Doctor "have you ever killed anyone?" I thought that moment was slightly underplayed and done too early in the episode.

And at long last, they actually managed to kill a child. I'm not evil, but I feel as though whenever a child dies in a piece of fiction it just adds to the sense of realism which earns the episode marks.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 19:40

I thought it was great, 'The Pilot' is still my favourite of the series but this was a brilliant episode still. I agree Last, I admire that the episode wasn't afraid to tackle issues such as child death or racism.

One thing though, is it just me who gets really annoyed Nardole's done nothing either this week or last? I know it's probably something in the contract saying he has to be in every episode, but they could at least give him a meaningful role rather than making tea.
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 30 Apr 2017 - 20:44

I definitely agree that Nardole's part seems extremely minimal for a series regular. Although I did like how at last the Doctor proved he could go anywhere and do anything and still be back in time for tea.

Nardole's role in the next episode is practically the same. He will only have a cameo appearance, and the rest is dedicated to the Doctor, Bill and the episode's designated cast. Although at long last, he will join the Doctor and Bill for an adventure in "Oxygen". Although I wonder how that will play out considering the Doctor's "oath".
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top