Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

Series 10 viewing figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Series 10 viewing figures

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 9:10

Doctor Who - The Pilot had an overnight viewing figure of 4.64 million viewers, a share of 24.8% of the total TV audience, according to unofficial viewing figures.

Saturday's top show was Britain's Got Talent on ITV which had 8.65 million watching.

Doctor Who was BBC One's second highest rated show for the evening, just behind All Round to Mrs Brown's which had 4.67 million. It just beat Pointless Celebrities which had 4.34 million watching. Casualty had 3.48 million.

Final figures, including those who timeshift, will be released next Monday, which should see Doctor Who substantially increase its audience.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Series 10 viewing figures

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 23 Apr 2017 - 10:30

The Gallifrey Times reports, The overnight UK viewing figures for last night's episode, Smile, have been released.

The episode had 4.25 million viewers on average, and a share of 22.9%, a small drop from last week's rating of 4.64 for the series opener. It compares favourably to the second episode of last year's series, The Witch's Familiar, which earned 3.71 million on overnight figures due to a Rugby World Cup match.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 23 Apr 2017 - 21:07

I'm not all that surprised about BGT beating it in viewing figures, but Mrs Brown's boys? Really? How is that show not dead yet?
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 23 Apr 2017 - 23:51

Mrs Browns Boys I like, I think its very funny, but All round to Mrs Browns is atrocious, rather have a tooth out!
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Tue 25 Apr 2017 - 8:54

Episode one The Pilot was the 10th most watched programme for the week.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Tue 25 Apr 2017 - 16:16

That's great and all, but... How on Earth did Coronation street beat Eastenders? Let alone all five episodes that week. 

For those who don't watch soaps, allow me to summarise. EastEnders = Do watch, it's actually quite good. Coronation Street = Don't watch. It's basically Tracy Barlowe vs the World. I only know that because the sad people in my family watch it.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Tue 25 Apr 2017 - 17:44

I'd say if you want to be depressed watch Eastenders lol
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Tue 25 Apr 2017 - 17:51

Admin-Emperor Dalek wrote:I'd say if you want to be depressed watch Eastenders lol

At least EastEnders refreshes its storylines though.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Tue 25 Apr 2017 - 21:51

Don't watch it or Corrie...or any of the other soaps.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Wed 26 Apr 2017 - 7:14

Been watching EastEnders since January though...
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 1 May 2017 - 21:10

The consolidated viewing figures for the second episode of Series 10, Smile, have been released.

The episode had 5.98 million viewers after a week of recordings, a rise of 1.73 million on the overnight figure of 4.25 million.
That's a relatively low timeshift for the episode, but it still puts it in a favourable position compared to Series 9, wherein episode two, The Witch's Familiar, scored 5.71 million.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 1 May 2017 - 21:11

Thin Ice had an overnight viewing audience of 3.76 million viewers, a share of 20.4% of the total TV audience, according to unofficial figures.

Top for the day was ITV's Britain's Got Talent, which had 8.27 million watching. Top on BBC One was the comedy series All Round to Mrs Brown's with 4.74 million viewers. Casualty just edged ahead of Doctor Who with 3.90 million, pushing Doctor Who into fourth place for the day, just ahead of Pointless Celebrities which had 3.73 million.

Final figures will be released next week, which should see Doctor Who increase its audience substantially.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Tue 2 May 2017 - 7:07

Britain's Got talent doesn't surprise me, and neither does Casualty since from what I've heard it was a huge episode Saturday. But Mrs Brown's, again? Really? It's not even that funny.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Tue 2 May 2017 - 7:22

LastOfTheSonics wrote:Britain's Got talent doesn't surprise me, and neither does Casualty since from what I've heard it was a huge episode Saturday. But Mrs Brown's, again? Really? It's not even that funny.
Well people laugh at the most stupidest of things, as I said before, Mrs Browns Boys is funny but all round to Mrs Browns is not!
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Tue 2 May 2017 - 16:13

Where does EastEnders rank in Last Week's viewing figures?
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Tue 2 May 2017 - 19:19

I couldn't find any rankings, but it got 5.9 million viewers last week.
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Tue 2 May 2017 - 20:32

Interesting. It seems to have declined in views over the past couple of weeks. It was at 6.5 mill two weeks ago. Then again, soap figures do increase and decrease frequently. They are quite dynamic.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 4 May 2017 - 15:54

Smiles official ratings. From Doctor Who news site.

Official figures released by the Broadcasters’ Audience Research Board or BARB, gives Doctor Who - Smile an official rating of 5.98 million viewers.

The rating includes all those who recorded the programme and watched it within 7 days.

Doctor Who is the 23rd most watched programme for the week, and 8th most watched on BBC One

Top for the week was incoming showrunner Chris Chibnall's Broadchurch, starring David Tennant, which beat ITV's Britain's Got Talent, to take the top place with 11.61 million watching. Unlike last week , Doctor Who sliped behind the soaps EastEnders and Emmerdale as well as Coronation Street.

Doctor Who remained the top BBC One programme for Saturday night, just ahead of the entertainment show All Round to Mrs Brown's
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 4 May 2017 - 16:53

EastEnders viewing figures seem to be coming more "dynamic" with each week. I'm not surprised that Doctor Who is so low down this time though, I mean the Pilot wasn't exactly an episode that would "hook people on board".
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Thu 4 May 2017 - 19:32

LastOfTheSonics wrote:EastEnders viewing figures seem to be coming more "dynamic" with each week. I'm not surprised that Doctor Who is so low down this time though, I mean the Pilot wasn't exactly an episode that would "hook people on board".

Actually, I know a few people who've started watching with 'The Pilot'. I see what you mean there, it would have been a good starting point if there hadn't been continuity references left, right and centre.

It's like what Russell T Davies said in an old DWM about 'Rose'-they were going to have pictures of old monsters in Clive's room, but he decided against it as it was irrelevant to the story, and even little things like that would distract and confuse new viewers.
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 4 May 2017 - 21:19

I never knew that about Rose. Quite interesting actually.

Although what I meant by the pilot is that it was an awful series opener compared to previous ones from the perspective of a longer-term fan.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 4 May 2017 - 21:24

I disagree with you both. Pilot did quite well. Mrs Browns Boys only did slightly better.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 4 May 2017 - 21:28

I respect your opinion and accept it.

Except All round to Mrs brown's because that really is rubbish. It's like Peter Kay's Car share but without cars and decent humour.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 21 May 2017 - 17:31

Doctor Who - Extremis achieved an overnight viewing audience of 4.16 million viewers, a share of 22.7% of the total TV audience, according to unofficial figures. This figure is up on last week's, where Oxygen achieved 3.57m(20%).

The episode was third most watched show of the day, with ITV's Britain's Got Talent as usual taking the top spot with 9.13m viewers and a whopping 44.7% share of the total television audience! Second place went to Pointless Celebrities, which was watched by 4.52m viewers (28.9% share).

Consolidated viewing figures are expected to be released by BARB on 29th May, which should see Doctor Who's figure increase.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 21 May 2017 - 17:40

Pointless beat Doctor Who? I'm actually quite surprised. I'm also surprised at how much viewing figures have decreased considering the cliffhanger Oxygen left on.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 21 May 2017 - 21:18

But Oxygen got less. One other thing the BBC are not promoting it very well, since the start no programme has had a guest star on it, except ITVs This Morning who had Pearl Mackie this week.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 21 May 2017 - 21:26

Oh it would seem I made a mistake. I have misread the viewing figures, accidentally believing they had declined for Extremis. My apologies.

You are right about lack of promotion, the only thing I've seen promoting it is the fan show, and only people who already know about the main show will watch that. Although you have to be immune to Christel Dee's annoyance, which most of us are not, hence why the promotion is so bad.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 21 May 2017 - 21:41

Fan show and no offence to you, is aimed at the younger audience. I find her irritating...and besides its on Youtube, not I player....
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Mon 22 May 2017 - 7:05

That's exactly what I'm trying to say. The reason why the fan show repels so many people is because of how annoying Christel Dee is, and it's exactly why I can't stand to watch it.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 29 May 2017 - 10:13

Doctor Who - The Pyramid At The End Of The World had an overnight viewing audience of 4.01 million viewers, a share of 20.4% of the total TV audience, according to unofficial figures.

Top for BBC One for the day was the coverage of the FA Cup Final which preceeded the Doctor and had an average of 6.43 million watching. The football had a peak auience of 9.56 million.

Overall ITV's Britain's Got Talent was once more top for the day with 8.38 million watching, down slightly on the previous week. The Keith and Paddy Picture Show on ITV had 3.24 million watching while on BBC One Mrs Brown's Boys had 3.11 million.

Doctor Who is currently 31st for the week. Final figures should be available in 8 days time.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Mon 29 May 2017 - 10:20

Looks like viewing figures have declined between Extremis and the world's longest episode title. I'm not surprised to be honest, it did feel a bit anti-climatic even for a cliffhanger.

Just a side note, The Pyramid at the End of the World is NOT the longest episode title for a Doctor Who story. It is the second longest, beaten only by "The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve". However it is the longest if looking at the revived show only.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 29 May 2017 - 10:36

So far:

• The Pilot  6.68m
  • Smile  5.98m

• Thin Ice 5.51m
  • Knock Knock  5.73m

• Oxygen 5.27m

• Extremis 4.16m (Overnights)

• The Pyramid at the End of the World 4.01m (Overnights)

These figures do not include Live Plus 7 counts those who watched live and all repeats, including iPlayer, within seven days following broadcast.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Mon 29 May 2017 - 20:40

Wow, I'm surprised by how much viewing figures have declined.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 29 May 2017 - 22:23

LastOfTheSonics wrote:Wow, I'm surprised by how much viewing figures have declined.
Wait and see what the catch up brings.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 11 Jun 2017 - 14:56

Doctor Who - Empress Of Mars had an estimated audience of 3.58 million viewers, a share of 20.6% of the total TV audience, according to unofficial overnight viewing figures.

Viewing figures were down across the day with no programme getting more than 5 million throughout the day.

Top for the day was Football: World Cup on ITV with 4.73 million watching. The Voice, Kids, had an audience of 4.23 million.

On BBC One, with the ramifications of the UK Election still shaking the country, BBC News at 10pm actually topped the chart with 4.32 million watching. Casualty had an audience of 3.9 million, whicle the comedy Mrs Brown's Boys had 3.58 million watching, Making Doctor Who 6th for the day.

The film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom had 2.06 million viewers

Final figures should be available next week.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 11 Jun 2017 - 15:00

I predict it will have more catch-up views because of certain surprises in the episode. I won't spoil for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Fri 23 Jun 2017 - 7:03

Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Fri 23 Jun 2017 - 7:06

Doctor Who - The Eaters of Light, had an audience of 2.89 million viewers, a share of 22% of the total TV audience, according to unofficial overnight figures.

The overnight rating is the lowest the series has received in its history, just below that received by The Lie of the Land, which was up against the Britain's Got Talent final.

Doctor Who faired relatively well compared to other programmes on Saturday with all suffering from the good weather across the UK on Saturday with the highest rated programme, BBC News, getting just 4.09 million watching. Casualty had 3.75 million while Mrs Brown's Boys had 3.40 million. Pitch Battle, which followed Doctor Who had just 2.03 million watching.

ITV peaked with just 3.11 million viewers for The Voice Kids, while the film Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason had just 1.60 million viewers.

Final figures which will include those who recorded the programme and watched it later, will be published next week.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top