Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

'How can smug, stale Doctor Who get back to its glory days? '

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'How can smug, stale Doctor Who get back to its glory days? '

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Wed 12 Apr 2017 - 22:19

From ageing heroes to awful companions, various missteps have led the Doctor to battle his scariest baddie yet – plummeting ratings. What will it take to win fans back?

See The Guardian

Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 'How can smug, stale Doctor Who get back to its glory days? '

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 13 Apr 2017 - 10:20

This is exactly why I hate The Guardian. We haven't even seen Bill in action, and already they're just assuming that she's going to be an awful companion and to top it all off they're trying to say how to fix her? Are they out of their minds? How do they know that she isn't going to be all those things they're saying she should be? 

Honestly I'm starting to hate them as much as the Mirror because they're not even giving it a chance! They're trying to milk money in any way they can, and this time I feel as though they've gone too far.
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Thu 13 Apr 2017 - 19:19

I agree, I hate it when newspapers always try and promote an agenda, be it political bias, a campaign only they care about, opinions, etc. And they wonder why nobody buys them-I might consider picking up a paper if they didn't slag people off for no reason. For now, I'll stick to my Metro-the only paper I have honestly ever seen which is completely impartial. I know they could just come back at me with a debate about free speech, but there's a line between that and uncalled for nastiness.
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 13 Apr 2017 - 20:01

So glad you agree Dalek. What annoys me the most is that they're trying to catch readers by using strong words in their titles. I mean they've called Doctor Who "smug" and "stale" and already implied the best of it is in the past, and that's in the title alone. It is literally because they've got nothing else to cover and they're desperate for money. And to be honest, it's really reflecting here and it's tearing down their reputation.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 13 Apr 2017 - 23:34

Some aspects of that article I agree with, like the characters Ashildr and some of the stories .
But its not Capaldis fault, I think like the 6th Doctor it was a mistake making him unlikeable at first.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 14 Apr 2017 - 9:06

And that's what makes me despise them so much. Capaldi has done nothing wrong, the Guardian are just treading over him, completely oblivious to get their prize, which in this case is publicity. They don't care if they're damaging Capaldi and Mackie, they are obnoxious and will do anything to make a penny or two at the end of the day. 

Even if they are right about Ashildr, this is a story we've seen time and time again already. Do they really feel as though presenting that is something new? I mean, her story was nearly two freaking years ago now! Everyone has ranted about Ashildr, including myself, by now. And there's really no need for the Guardian to take it and attempt to reshape it into something new. In fact they're not even trying to reshape it, they're literally just repeating what we've all said.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Fri 14 Apr 2017 - 19:09

I agree again Last, there is nothing in the article remotely new and they're just hoping to nab some publicity from the series seeing as it's in the limelight again.
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top