Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

On his birthday John Scott Martin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On his birthday John Scott Martin

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sat 1 Apr 2017 - 8:54

On his birthday John Scott Martin (died 2009 aged 82) would be 91 today , best known as a Dalek operator.

John Scott Martin  was an English actor born in Toxteth, Liverpool. He was a Dalek operator in over 50 episodes of the classic series of Doctor Who.
Martin operated Daleks from 1965's The Chase through to 1988's Remembrance of the Daleks. He worked with eight different actors in the title role of Doctor Who from William Hartnell to Sylvester McCoy, and also Richard Hurndall, who took on the role of the First Doctor in The Five Doctors. 
He also operated other Doctor Who monster costumes including the insectoid Zarbi in The Web Planet, and the robotic Mechanoids in The Chase. In the episode Robot Martin made his first on screen appearance, he appeared as a guard in the first episode. Martin also had a cameo in the BBC series The Tripods.
Some of his other television appearances include I, Claudius, Z-Cars, Quatermass and the Pit, Softly, Softly and the comedy Mine All Mine, written by Russell T Davies.
His film credits include a dancing instructor in a brief scene in Alan Parker's film of Pink Floyd's The Wall, and small roles in Ali G Indahouse, Little Shop of Horrors and the Monty Python films Erik the Viking and The Meaning of Life.
He appeared on the West End stage in shows like Kismet, Oliver! and The Streets of London. In the Manchester Opera House production of Fiddler on the Roof featuring Topol in the starring role, he played the Rabbi.
Martin also appeared in the music video for the Catatonia single "Dead from the Waist Down". His daughter, Catriona Martin is also an actress.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top