Keywords

Latest topics
August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

Should there be more Animations of Missing Episodes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should there be more Animations of Missing Episodes?

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 19 Feb 2017 - 17:27

This is a topic that has been heavily debated ever since Power of the Daleks was announced to get a DVD release. I am on the FOR side of this debate. I personally think it will always be enjoyable to watch animations of missing episodes. I for one have watched Power of the Daleks more than once and I sincerely love the animation. Considering how expensive it is to animate stories, I think a great place to take the potential for animations would be a shorter story such as the Macra Terror. Mission to the Unknown already has an animation by Ian Levine himself, so why not just release it on DVD? 

As for colour animations, I am AGAINST. It takes away the nostalgia that the animation has. I believe all of them should be released in B&W, and even if they are going to be released in coloured, B&W should always be done first. Another problem is that with the colour animation of Power, some of the scenes are actually flipped around, and several sequences are either missing or altered. It ruins the story despite how miniscule the changes are. There is no point in a colour animation. 

But what do you guys think? Do you agree there should be more animations or do you think that all the fuss about the Missing Episodes should be left to die because of how old they are? And how do you feel about colour animations? Discuss!
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Re: Should there be more Animations of Missing Episodes?

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 20 Mar 2017 - 14:06

Yes there should but in the style of say The Tenth Planet or Moonbase.
As for whether they should be colourised, I don't mind, Power of the Daleks was colourised but still had the B&W version on the Blu ray disc so you have the option of both.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top