Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» New companion?
Today at 9:44 by LastOfTheSonics

» Anthony Ainley - The Master.
Yesterday at 20:04 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» Happy birthday to the 7th Doctor & Ace.
Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 19:09 by Dalek

» In memory Anthony Ainley - The Master.
Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 10:56 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» Happy birthday to David Walliams & Barnaby Edwards
Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 10:54 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» Star Wars playset as a Dalek base
Sat 19 Aug 2017 - 19:27 by Dalek

» Target Novelisation Readings
Thu 17 Aug 2017 - 22:57 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» In memory,Graham Williams.
Thu 17 Aug 2017 - 10:49 by Admin-Emperor Dalek

» 3.75" Line
Wed 16 Aug 2017 - 19:20 by Dalek

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

The next Doctor?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The next Doctor?

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 9 Feb 2017 - 15:58

With all the speculation going around as to WHO will be the next Doctor, I thought it best to put it all in one place.

Start with the latest rumour and that is Danny Dyer of Eastenders to be the next Doctor as he is quitting the show.

Danny Dyer, Time Lord?

The Eastenders actor has told the Daily Star that he could replace Peter Capaldi and be the first Cockney Doctor Who.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The next Doctor?

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 9 Feb 2017 - 16:23

Oh. This would fall right in line. Mick Carter has just been arrested in EastEnders, I hope this isn't potential spoilers he'll be found guilty. 

As a viewer of both Doctor Who and Eastenders, I'll say that Danny Dyer's role fits in alot better with EastEnders than Doctor Who. If they did cast him, I wouldn't be able to take him seriously, I'd be forever seeing the pub owner who can't afford to fix the roof above his head. Not a 900 year old time travelling alien.

Also, what happened to the thread I created a few weeks back?
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 10 Feb 2017 - 20:34

Several people have suggested to me several potential replacements for the Doctor. And I have given my input on all of them:

Cary Elwes (Saw)
No.

Danny Dyer (EastEnders)
No.

Olivia Coleman (Broadchurch)
No.

Billie Piper (Doctor Who)
No.

Daisy Ridley (Star Wars)
No.

Rory Kinnear (Penny Dreadful)
No.

Paul McGann (Doctor Who, Alien 3)
No.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Fri 10 Feb 2017 - 23:46

I know of Cary Elwes from Robin Hood men in tights, he was a really good looking guy then, looks OK now but not really seen him in anything else. As for the rest of your list, I agree.
I would though like to see Paul McGann return as the 8th Doctor.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sat 11 Feb 2017 - 8:11

Admin-Emperor Dalek wrote:I know of Cary Elwes from Robin Hood men in tights, he was a really good looking guy then, looks OK now but not really seen him in anything else. As for the rest of your list, I agree.
I would though like to see Paul McGann return as the 8th Doctor.
There was some even dumber suggestions sent to me. For example, someone actually said John Hurt.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 13 Feb 2017 - 17:05

Is Russell Tovey returning (aka Midshipman Frame) returning to the show or is he the next Doctor?

Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Mon 13 Feb 2017 - 17:21

Ugh. Looks like I have to make another list hearing more candidates as of recent:

Tom Ellis (Lucifer, Doctor Who)
No.

Russell Tovey (Being Human, Doctor Who)
No.

John Boyega (Attack the Block, Star Wars)
No.

Daniel Craig (James Bond)
No.

Christel Dee (The Fan Show)
I would literally commit suicide if that were the case.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 13 Feb 2017 - 20:06

LastOfTheSonics wrote:Ugh. Looks like I have to make another list hearing more candidates as of recent:

Tom Ellis (Lucifer, Doctor Who)
No.

Russell Tovey (Being Human, Doctor Who)
No.

John Boyega (Attack the Block, Star Wars)
No.

Daniel Craig (James Bond)
No.

Christel Dee (The Fan Show)
I would literally commit suicide if that were the case.

I think Tom Ellis is busy with Lucifer, Russell Tovey, not as the Doctor but back as midshipman frame, John Boyega, too busy with Star Wars and I really can't see him giving up that, for one the pay would be a hell of a lot less Razz
Daniel Craig...not sure, I just looked him up and found an article from the Guardian newspaper in which he says if he is still getting a kick out of being Bond he will carry on, as for the last name, not going to comment.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Tue 14 Feb 2017 - 9:12

Admin-Emperor Dalek wrote:
I think Tom Ellis is busy with Lucifer, Russell Tovey, not as the Doctor but back as midshipman frame, John Boyega, too busy with Star Wars and I really can't see him giving up that, for one the pay would be a hell of a lot less Razz
Daniel Craig...not sure, I just looked him up and found an article from the Guardian newspaper in which he says if he is still getting a kick out of being Bond he will carry on, as for the last name, not going to comment.

I'd be ok with a re-used actor, but it would have to have context. That would be the problem with Tom Ellis. The Doctor never met Tom Milligan, and therefore the face would have no context. Whereas he did meet Capaldi's character in Pompeii, thus the context in Series 9.

But Christel Dee from the Fan Show... I'm sorry but I would take my life if that were the scenario. She annoys me so much.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Tue 14 Feb 2017 - 23:30

Don't say things like 'take your life'. No way would Christel Dee become the next Doctor.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Wed 15 Feb 2017 - 9:50

Admin-Emperor Dalek wrote:Don't say things like 'take your life'. No way would Christel Dee become the next Doctor.
With Chibnall in charge, it wouldn't surprise me. I'm just hoping he can pull off a "broadchurch" trick again.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Wed 15 Feb 2017 - 10:04

Why do you seem to have doubts on Chris Chibnall?
Watch this clip, this is when he was much younger and critical of JNT and Trial of a Time Lord. Guy in suit and yellow tie.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Wed 15 Feb 2017 - 12:30

Admin-Emperor Dalek wrote:Why do you seem to have doubts on Chris Chibnall?
Watch this clip, this is when he was much younger and critical of JNT and Trial of a Time Lord. Guy in suit and yellow tie.

Because he's either written rubbish or boring stories. 42, The Power of Three, Dinosaurs on a Spaceship... The only good thing he's written is P.S., and that's not even a proper episode.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Wed 15 Feb 2017 - 12:36

42 was good and I liked Dinosaurs on a Spaceship. Don't judge him on that...Moffat had written the Empty Child/The Doctor Dances and Blink and everyone thought it was the best news that he was taking over as show runner...
An old saying " The proof of the pudding is in the eating". Wait and see before judging.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Wed 15 Feb 2017 - 13:40

Admin-Emperor Dalek wrote:42 was good and I liked Dinosaurs on a Spaceship. Don't judge him on that...Moffat had written the Empty Child/The Doctor Dances and Blink and everyone thought it was the best news that he was taking over as show runner...
An old saying " The proof of the pudding is in the eating". Wait and see before judging.
I'm definitely gonna wait to make a full judgement, but based off what I've seen so far my expectations aren't set that high.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Wed 15 Feb 2017 - 23:22

Good, for me its wait and see...I will have an idea when we get the new Doctor. But that won't be for months yet, after series 10 I would say, perhaps summer time.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 16 Feb 2017 - 19:40

Doctor Who's new boss on casting the 13th Doctor: "I have a very clear sense of what we're going to do" But he says it's "too soon" to say if it'll be a woman. Full article 

here
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 16 Feb 2017 - 20:48

Oh very clever. Playing his cards close to his chest. It's apparent to me what they mean by a "clear sense" is they've got an age target. Most likely a younger doctor. 

A good move from Chibnall to keep everyone on the edge about race and gender. But I seriously think they should tell us soon. It gives a direction of where the show is going and allows us as fans to make the decision whether or not to keep watching. It's great Chibnall cares about the show, but so did Moffatt. I strongly hope this isn't another scenario of a selfish showrunner who thinks their ideas can beat anyone elses and doesn't give a second thought to how poorly fans will receive it. Moffatt's departure is good riddance indeed, but I just hope Chibnall isn't gonna be a copycat.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 16 Feb 2017 - 21:18

He could say here and now no female Doctor...
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Fri 17 Feb 2017 - 14:57

LastOfTheSonics wrote:Oh very clever. Playing his cards close to his chest. It's apparent to me what they mean by a "clear sense" is they've got an age target. Most likely a younger doctor. 

A good move from Chibnall to keep everyone on the edge about race and gender. But I seriously think they should tell us soon. It gives a direction of where the show is going and allows us as fans to make the decision whether or not to keep watching. It's great Chibnall cares about the show, but so did Moffatt. I strongly hope this isn't another scenario of a selfish showrunner who thinks their ideas can beat anyone elses and doesn't give a second thought to how poorly fans will receive it. Moffatt's departure is good riddance indeed, but I just hope Chibnall isn't gonna be a copycat.

Moffat went in wanting a man in his 40s and came out with Matt Smith, ideas change very rapidly when you put them into practice.
The Eternal Dalek
NUWHO Davros

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sat 18 Feb 2017 - 8:02

I would hope now he sticks with the idea he has. I don't one him to find no one suitable to the role and just say "Oh just cast anyone then". 

If even after how much hate a female doctor is getting and Chibnall still decides to cast one, I think the show will lose popularity. It's best days are already behind it, and the BBC aren't working hard enough to produce satisfactory or frequent series.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sat 18 Feb 2017 - 8:18

Female Doctor, well in that case why not a MALE Wonder Woman, about time she became a man!!
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Sat 18 Feb 2017 - 17:00

Admin-Emperor Dalek wrote:Female Doctor, well in that case why not a MALE Wonder Woman, about time she became a man!!

Funnily enough there actually is called Wonder Warrior (apparently Marvel Comics bet them to Wonder Man).
The Eternal Dalek
NUWHO Davros

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sat 18 Feb 2017 - 23:24

Well I am wrong, there is a Wonder Man....Wink
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 19 Feb 2017 - 12:45

Oh my.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 19 Feb 2017 - 21:52

Another article going on about a female Doctor...
METRO
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Mon 20 Feb 2017 - 7:11

And the metro produces another ridiculous article. The reason why a female Doctor wasn't cast in 1969 is because the shoe was at a low point. Changing six years of a national favourite in such a major way was bound to have had repercussions against the BBC. The metro are always scraping the bottom of the barrel, despite that barrel still being half full!
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 20 Feb 2017 - 15:47

This is the Telegraphs article from last week:

Doctor Who provides plenty of female role models – so keep your hands off the Doctor's genitalia TOM HARRIS Tom Harris 16 FEBRUARY 2017 • 2:05PM 23 Comments Peter Capaldi as the Doctor on the phone inside the Tardis The Doctor, currently portrayed by Peter Capaldi, is set for another regeneration CREDIT: BBC list of article image 2 Cut down on energy costs Sponsored It’s all Tom Baker’s fault. The actor was the first person publicly to set the ball rolling on the prospect of a female actor taking over from him in the lead role in “Doctor Who”.

The thing is, the old devil meant it as a joke. Nevertheless, since then, whenever the lead actor has decided to call it a day, the speculation starts all over again. Since Peter Capaldi decided to return the keys to the Tardis, the bookies have installed Tilda Swinton as favourite to be cast as the Doctor from the end of this year. The first argument against such a move? Don’t. Second argument: just don’t, okay? Of course, Swinton is a brilliant actress and no one doubts she could make the role her own. But – and here’s the bit everyone knows but is, for some reason, afraid to say out loud – the Doctor is male. He might not be “a man” in the strictest sense of the word, given that he’s not human. But he is a bloke. He’s straight too – he fell in love with and then married a woman and he has at least one child as well as a granddaughter. Now, within the “canon” of Who narrative, it is quite possible for Time Lords to regenerate as a different ice Warrior. It’s happened at least three times in the series so far, the most obvious example being the Master, who became the Mistress, played brilliantly by Michelle Gomez. So what? Since when has the biology of a fictional alien race dictated casting decisions on one of the BBC’s most popular and iconic shows? “Regeneration” of the main character was not conceived by the Time Lords as a way of extending life: it was invented by TV writers in 1966 who wanted to replace William Hartnell in the lead role but keep the show going.

All the reasons given for casting a woman have been political, not narrative: we’ve had 13 actors play the role so far and every one of them has been male – it’s time to give the other half of the population some representation. But why is it so offensive to some that a well known character is male? Is that something we should be teaching our children is something to be annoyed about? Gillian Anderson won plaudits for her role as Stella Gibson in the TV series “The Fall”. So let’s replace her with a man. Not as a new character, mind – as Stella Gibson. The viewers won’t notice and it won’t distract from the plot at all, oh no… Or take the character of the Doctor’s wife, River Song, in “Doctor Who”, played to supreme seductive, flirty effect by Alex Kingston. Let’s shove Alan Davies in there as the Doctor’s husband. And then we can all marvel at the wonderful strides being made in equality as we switch over to “The X-Factor”. Casting a woman would send out a strong political message about women’s and trans rights, true. But at its best, “Doctor Who” has always been political. Two adventures, broadcast in 1972 and 1974 and set on the same alien planet, tackled the questions of Britain’s entry into the EEC and the miners’ strikes. If the only way the writers can promote political messages and themes of tolerance, kindness and love is to completely reinvent the central character as something he has never been before, maybe we need to get some new writers in.

If you want a “political” reason for keeping the doctor male and straight, think about this: how many young boys’ heroes are men who eschew violence and weaponry? No doubt a female character in the lead would adopt the same approach, but that would hardly be a departure from other female roles. But a man who refuses to solve a problem with a gun? The Doctor is a strong man who takes the side of the weak and the vulnerable, not because he empathises with them – he’s not big on other people’s feelings at all – but because he chooses to do good. That’s a valuable and unique thing in modern TV, something we should be reluctant to lose. Why recast the Doctor anyway? If you wanted a female James Bond, you wouldn’t replace Daniel Craig with Gillian Anderson, you’d write a whole new character for her to co-exist alongside 007. And “Doctor Who” already has some brilliant existing female characters just itching to be given their own series: Jenny, the Doctor’s biological “daughter” (or clone), played by Georgia Moffat in a 2008 adventure, for example. So why the need to actually replace the male Doctor rather than create a new female hero? I sense a degree of cultural colonialism here. For some, it just wouldn’t be enough to see more strong, attractive female characters; what’s needed is for those stupid men to be put in their place, for their existing male creations to lose their very maleness, their... Bollocks to that. There’s a missing aspect to this “debate” and that’s the story, the plot that has kept viewers glued to their TVs for more than 50 years. And the ice Warrior of the lead character is irrelevant to that. The question isn’t, “Should the Doctor be a man or a woman?” The more pertinent question is, “Can you believe that that person emerging from that blue police box is the same character played by William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Tom Baker and all the rest?” Tilda Swinton would be wonderful in the role. But were she or another female actor cast, the answer to that question would, I’m afraid, be “no”. And for that reason alone, the BBC should keep their hands off the Doctor’s genitalia.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 26 Feb 2017 - 9:28

From BBC News.

Actor David Harewood has said the next Doctor Who should not be another white man - and has thrown his own hat into the ring.
The Homeland and Supergirl star is among the actors whose names have been suggested to replace Peter Capaldi.
"It's nice to be in the running," he told BBC News.
"It needs to do something different, so I think it's either going to be a black person or a woman. It would just bring a different flavour to it."
The 51-year-old British actor has already been in Doctor Who, appearing in the 2009-10 double bill The End of Time. He can currently be seen playing the Martian Manhunter in the CW's Supergirl.
"I'm already playing an alien so maybe I could switch and play a Time Lord - who knows what's going to happen," he said. "It's nice to be in the running. It's an iconic role."
The current bookmakers' favourite to take over the Tardis is Oscar-winning actress Tilda Swinton, and Harewood said she would be a good choice.
"She's extraordinary anyway so I think she'd be great," Harewood said. "It would be a very different Doctor and maybe that's what it needs."
The actor said it was good that four of the five current favourites are women - with Maxine Peake, Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Olivia Colman also tipped.
Harewood was speaking at the Independent Spirit Awards in California, where he was nominated for best male lead for playing a Pentecostal minister trying to perform miracles in Free In Deed.

My view is he says its nice to be in the running ...Won't be him folks cause IF he was being considered  wouldn't he keep quiet.?
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Sun 26 Feb 2017 - 15:22

Admin-Emperor Dalek wrote:From BBC News.

Actor David Harewood has said the next Doctor Who should not be another white man - and has thrown his own hat into the ring.
The Homeland and Supergirl star is among the actors whose names have been suggested to replace Peter Capaldi.
"It's nice to be in the running," he told BBC News.
"It needs to do something different, so I think it's either going to be a black person or a woman. It would just bring a different flavour to it."
The 51-year-old British actor has already been in Doctor Who, appearing in the 2009-10 double bill The End of Time. He can currently be seen playing the Martian Manhunter in the CW's Supergirl.
"I'm already playing an alien so maybe I could switch and play a Time Lord - who knows what's going to happen," he said. "It's nice to be in the running. It's an iconic role."
The current bookmakers' favourite to take over the Tardis is Oscar-winning actress Tilda Swinton, and Harewood said she would be a good choice.
"She's extraordinary anyway so I think she'd be great," Harewood said. "It would be a very different Doctor and maybe that's what it needs."
The actor said it was good that four of the five current favourites are women - with Maxine Peake, Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Olivia Colman also tipped.
Harewood was speaking at the Independent Spirit Awards in California, where he was nominated for best male lead for playing a Pentecostal minister trying to perform miracles in Free In Deed.

My view is he says its nice to be in the running ...Won't be him folks cause IF he was being considered  wouldn't he keep quiet.?

Depends on whether he's been offered the role or not. There's plenty of actors who have been considered (and we have documentation to back it up) but to this day they have never heard a peep from the BBC. There may be auditions for the final few, but there will be a lot of names under consideration.

Harewood is definitely an interesting option, quite honestly he was actually the first name that popped into my head once I heard that Capaldi was going. The Arrowverse team are Doctor Who fans and would happily let him off to play the part.
The Eternal Dalek
NUWHO Davros

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 26 Feb 2017 - 15:35

But if they want a younger actor he is too old. l think he'd be good.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Sun 26 Feb 2017 - 16:10

Admin-Emperor Dalek wrote:But if they want a younger actor he is too old. l think he'd be good.

Don't believe everything you read in the press.
The Eternal Dalek
NUWHO Davros

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 27 Feb 2017 - 7:45

The Eternal Dalek wrote:
Admin-Emperor Dalek wrote:But if they want a younger actor he is too old. l think he'd be good.

Don't believe everything you read in the press.
What don't believe  David Harewood wants to be the next Doctor ? Or a younger actor to be the next Doctor ? If you mean the later that is my opinion, considering the world is obsessed with looks..........
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sat 4 Mar 2017 - 10:31

Both the Mail and the Star have the same story:
This from the Mail.
All bets are off! Bookies are FORCED to halt punters betting on Kris Marshall taking over from Peter Capaldi as the next Doctor Who because of huge number of people backing him
Since Peter Capaldi announced last month that he was stepping down as the current Doctor Who, the rumour mill has been spinning about who will fill his shoes.
And despite initial titterings that it would be former My Family actor Kris Marshall, fans turned their speculation back to female replacements - namely Tilda Swinton and Olivia Colman.
But things have turned around, once more, as Marshall - who coincidentally quit his role on Death In Paradise around the time the Doctor Who news broke - has overtaken the ladies in the betting stakes.

In fact, so convinced are those placing their bets, that Ladbrokes have had to close the book.

Alex Donohue, of the betting organisation, said: 'A surge of punters have backed Marshall so we’ve had no choice but to close the book.'

He added, with a jaunty nod to the sci-fi series: 'If he does get the gig, the bookies will be exterminated first.'

Marshall said that he is leaving his long-running series Death In Paradise after four years on the BBC show, so that he can spend less time away from his family.

And almost immediately, speculation began to spin on social media as to the real reasons behind the decision.
Avid BBC viewers seemed to immediately conclude that Marshall is transferring his skills as a Detective to a Doctor - and is in the running to play Doctor Who in the wake of Capaldi. 

Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sat 4 Mar 2017 - 12:21

Oh please no. Please, no. Not him, please. 

Here's a better suggestion, what about Anthony Head from School Reunion? He's currently in the runnings anyway.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sat 4 Mar 2017 - 14:59

As you said Last Anthony Head has been asked in a recent interview.
Anthony Head admits he ‘wouldn’t say no’ to replacing Peter Capaldi in Doctor Who

The Metro
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sat 18 Mar 2017 - 7:36

Ever since Peter Capaldi announced that he was stepping down from BBC sci-fi series Doctor Who, speculation has been rife as to who could replace him at the Tardis controls.

Tilda Swinton, David Harewood, Kris Marshall and Richard Ayoade have all been rumoured for the coveted role, with many fans excited to imagine their favourite stars as the titular Time Lord.

However, perhaps none of these potential Doctors is as excited about the idea as Sherlock star Sacha Dhawan, who was suggested by fans as a potential successor to Capaldi shortly after the Scottish actor revealed his departure from the series. After speaking to him on the topic, it's clear Dhawan is keen – very keen.
Full article here
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 20 Mar 2017 - 14:03

Now I thought he would make a good Doctor after Matt Smith left.
Doctor Who writer backs Being Human star Damien Molony to replace Peter Capaldi see Digital Spy

Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 9:51

Latest rumours. Press are saying Kris Marshall again. The Sun and the Mirror claim.
Mirror

Look at this fake pic.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 12:23

I was informed of this earlier today. What annoyed me was the Mirror publishing the article as fact just to bait readers in. These kind of news companies need to be shut down for incorrectly publishing articles. All they needed was to use the word "Rumour" or "speculation" rather than grab people's attention by flat out lying. 

It's obvious the company is at a low-point as far as financial concerns go, otherwise they wouldn't be so desperate that they have to fake and bend the news the way they have here.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 13:10

The Sun ran the article in the first place, just a thought they said John Simm was back before it was announced...not saying they should believed, can't stand that paper!
However, a BBC Spokesperson said: "No casting decisions have yet been made on series 11."
I hear there will be a new casting director, so until he or she is chosen nothing will happen. Besides they won't say who the next Doctor is, take the publicity away from the series itself, my thoughts anyway.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 8:32

No female Doctor...
A report in the Metro.
The BBC have been forced to reassure fans that ‘no casting decisions have yet been made’ for the upcoming series of Doctor Who after a complaints officer for the corporation went rogue and told a fan that there would most definitely not be a female Doctor.
See the full article here
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Thu 20 Apr 2017 - 15:28

Admin-Emperor Dalek wrote:The Sun ran the article in the first place, just a thought they said John Simm was back before it was announced...not saying they should believed, can't stand that paper!
However, a BBC Spokesperson said: "No casting decisions have yet been made on series 11."
I hear there will be a new casting director, so until he or she is chosen nothing will happen. Besides they won't say who the next Doctor is, take the publicity away from the series itself, my thoughts anyway.

The Christmas Special is filming in June so they'll have to get a new actor in place by then. Chibnall is now officially working on the show so the first steps are being taken as we speak.

The earliest I could see there being a casting announcement on the day of the finale at the earliest, but no sooner.
The Eternal Dalek
NUWHO Davros

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Fri 21 Apr 2017 - 6:58

How do you know its June?
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Fri 21 Apr 2017 - 12:14

Admin-Emperor Dalek wrote:How do you know its June?

DWM confirmed it. So we can be fairly certain that the new Doctor will have been cast by then, not that that counts for much in terms of when the announcement will happen but gives us a rough idea. Smith and Capaldi were both a few months before getting announced, I'd expect they'd do the same and just sneak whoever is being cast into a closed set.
The Eternal Dalek
NUWHO Davros

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 21 Apr 2017 - 16:24

Time for another opinion list.

Kris Marshall
No.

John Boyega
Still no.

Daisy Ridley
No.

David Prowse
Seriously stop saying everyone British from Star Wars is going to be the Doctor

Rory Kinnear
Still no.

Danny Dyer
He's a series regular on EastEnders...

John Simm
Really?

John Hurt
Ok I give up with these lists now. That last one is just disrespectful, yes, there actually are people saying John Hurt "faked his death and will surprise return as the next doctor". Are these people for real?
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 24 Apr 2017 - 10:38

I give up...just wait and see.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 14 May 2017 - 20:22

Latest rumours.
Luke Treadaway, see Radio Times

Or Sacha Dhawan (he's been mentioned before) see here

Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 14 May 2017 - 20:24

I'm more for an actor I've not heard of before as it makes it harder to judge.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Sun 14 May 2017 - 20:33

I have not heard of Luke Treadaway until now.
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top