Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

The most tagged keywords

Every Dalek Ever

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Every Dalek Ever

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Thu 8 Dec 2016 - 14:06

Eaglemoss have set out to release the most comprehensive set of Daleks ever and if possible that will become a complete set of every variant ever seen on screen.

To that end, their Dalek expert Gavin Rymill (aka "The Mind Robber") has begun to compile a series of articles detailing each of these variants adding a new article every week in chronological order through these variants:

http://www.herocollector.com/en-gb/About/gavin-rymill

Here is the list so far (released/confirmed figures marked):

01. Original Dalek (Issue 19)
02. Manipulator Tool Dalek
03. Invasion Dalek Mk 1 (Bonus Dalek 2)
04. Invasion Dalek Mk 2
05. Dalek Saucer Commander (Rare Dalek 3)
06. Black Dalek (Issue 99)
07. Dual-Powered Dalek
08. Museum Dalek
09. Solar-Powered Dalek Mk 1
10. Solar-Powered Dalek Mk 2
11. Black Dalek Mk 2 (Rare Dalek 1)
12. Stunt Dalek
13. Time-Machine Guard
14. Mechanus Attack Dalek (Rare Dalek 7)
15. Seismic Detector Dalek
16. Electrode Unit Dalek
17. Movie Dalek Drone †
18. Movie Dalek Leader

19. Red Movie Dalek 
20. Utility Arm Dalek †
21. Moulded Daleks †
22. Golden Emperor †
23. PyroFlame Dalek (Issue 77)
24. Embryo Technician (Rare Dalek 9)
25. Black Stage Dalek †
26. Stage Pincer Dalek †
27. Black Mk 2 Movie Dalek 
28. Gold Mk 2 Movie Dalek

29. Red Mk 2 Movie Dalek †
30. Drone Mk 2 Movie Dalek v1

31. Drone Mk 2 Movie Dalek v2 †
32. Pincer Drone Mk 2 Movie Dalek †
33. Grabber Drone Mk 2 Movie Dalek †
34. KeyLamp Mk 2 Movie Dalek †
35. Solar Powered Dalek Mk3
36. Emperor's Black Dalek
37. Human-Factor Dalek
38. The Thin Dalek (Rare Dalek 8 )
The Emperor (Special 6)
40. The Wilkie Dalek
41. The New York Dalek †
42. Terry Nation's Red Dalek †
43. The Grey Drones
44. The Gold Leader (Bonus Dalek 1)
45. The Goon Daleks
46. Door-cutting Dalek
47. Supreme Dalek Councillor (Issue 55)
48. The Red Top Daleks
49. The Weetabix Dalek †
50. Nation's Doomsday Dalek †
51. Seven Keys to Doomsday Daleks †
52. Invisible Dalek
53. Silver and Black Dalek Mk 1
54. Ballistic Weapon Dalek (Issue 83)
55. Grey Drone Prototype (Issue 39)
56. Gold and Black †
57. Oddball Mk1
58. Oddball Mk2
59. Grey Drone Mk3 
60. Grey Drone Mk4

Here is a list of further figures that have yet to have articles published for reference:

Bomber Dalek (Issue 93)
Death Zone Dalek (Rare Dalek 10)
Supreme Dalek (Issue 70)
Necros Dalek (Issue 59)
Imperial Dalek *
Supreme Dalek (Issue 87)
Special Weapons Dalek (Issue 25)
The Last Dalek (Issue 6)
Emperor Dalek (Subscriber Exclusive)
Imperial Guard Dalek (Rare Dalek 5)

Dalek Sec (Rare Dalek 4)
Dalek Sec Hybrid (Issue 57)
Supreme Dalek (Issue 13)
"The Abomination" Dalek Caan (Issue 104)
Blackout Dalek Ironside (Issue 35)
New Paradigm Supreme Dalek (Issue 64)
New Paradigm Drone Dalek *
Dalek Parliament New Paradigm Drone Dalek (Issue 112)
Dalek Parliament New Paradigm Strategist Dalek (Rare Dalek 11)
Mad Throne Room Guard (Rare Dalek 6)
Oswin Dalek (Rare Dalek 2)
Rusty (Issue 43)

*Prototype shown, release to be confirmed

† Outwith current rights agreement

Please note these lists are not exhaustive, there are other Dalek variants that have yet to be directly confirmed. These missing variants will be included once their articles are released.

Last edited by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 17:58; edited 56 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding Daleks)
The Eternal Dalek
Classic Silurian 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Every Dalek Ever

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 20:22

For real? Are they really going to release EVERY edition? Well, I must say, I am HYPED.

Also, when you say "set", do you mean they're just going to release the daleks they've not yet relased singularly, or do you mean like in one massive package?
LastOfTheSonics
The Sixth Doctor's TARDIS

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 20:40

LastOfTheSonics wrote:For real? Are they really going to release EVERY edition? Well, I must say, I am HYPED.

Also, when you say "set", do you mean they're just going to release the daleks they've not yet relased singularly, or do you mean like in one massive package?

It will be individually. Can you imagine how big an all-in-one set would be? Come to think of it, imagine the cost. That's nearly 40 in that makeshift list alone, and there's dozens more on top of that.

They've now reached the point where they are entering the obscure variants and repaints so are going all out and doing them all... and if they have time they'll do the Cybermen too but the Daleks are looking quite feasible.
The Eternal Dalek
Classic Silurian 1

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 20:45

The Eternal Dalek wrote:
LastOfTheSonics wrote:For real? Are they really going to release EVERY edition? Well, I must say, I am HYPED.

It will be individually. Can you imagine how big an all-in-one set would be? Come to think of it, imagine the cost. That's nearly 40 in that makeshift list alone, and there's dozens more on top of that.

They've now reached the point where they are entering the obscure variants and repaints so are going all out and doing them all... and if they have time they'll do the Cybermen too but the Daleks are looking quite feasible.

Alot of the past issues are sold out now. Are they just going to continue releasing the ones not yet released or will they be re-releasing the old ones too?
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Fri 9 Dec 2016 - 21:54

LastOfTheSonics wrote:
The Eternal Dalek wrote:

Alot of the past issues are sold out now. Are they just going to continue releasing the ones not yet released or will they be re-releasing the old ones too?

That would be the basic plan. They may occasionally get restocks of older issues, but that depends on demand.

Then again, to get them all you'd need to have been a subscriber since near the start so it's not much of a restriction as there's more to worry about than an out of stock issue.
The Eternal Dalek
Classic Silurian 1

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sat 10 Dec 2016 - 10:02

They're really used a poor choice of words by saying "Every variant ever seen on screen" because technically that would mean having to release Dalek Caan from Series 4, Damaged Dalek Thay, Glass Dalek from Revelation, Guard Dalek from the Chase, and the list goes on. They really should've said "The basic design from each story over the years".
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Sat 10 Dec 2016 - 13:10

LastOfTheSonics wrote:They're really used a poor choice of words by saying "Every variant ever seen on screen" because technically that would mean having to release Dalek Caan from Series 4, Damaged Dalek Thay, Glass Dalek from Revelation, Guard Dalek from the Chase, and the list goes on. They really should've said "The basic design from each story over the years".

Yes it would include them and why wouldn't they? You can see the examples listed, the Death Zone Dalek is a standard grey Dalek with different coloured lights and half a solar panel chipped off! Damaged Dalek Thay is a lot more obvious than tbat one.
The Eternal Dalek
Classic Silurian 1

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sat 10 Dec 2016 - 13:12

The Eternal Dalek wrote:
LastOfTheSonics wrote:They're really used a poor choice of words by saying "Every variant ever seen on screen" because technically that would mean having to release Dalek Caan from Series 4, Damaged Dalek Thay, Glass Dalek from Revelation, Guard Dalek from the Chase, and the list goes on. They really should've said "The basic design from each story over the years".

Yes it would include them and why wouldn't they? You can see the examples listed, the Death Zone Dalek is a standard grey Dalek with different coloured lights and half a solar panel chipped off! Damaged Dalek Thay is a lot more obvious than that one.
Oh, so the ones listed up there are just things the guy is making articles on? So, there are other variants to be released too?
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Sat 10 Dec 2016 - 15:28

LastOfTheSonics wrote:
The Eternal Dalek wrote:

Yes it would include them and why wouldn't they? You can see the examples listed, the Death Zone Dalek is a standard grey Dalek with different coloured lights and half a solar panel chipped off! Damaged Dalek Thay is a lot more obvious than that one.
Oh, so the ones listed up there are just things the guy is making articles on? So, there are other variants to be released too?

Sorry, I thought it was clear but I'll give it a rewrite to make sure.

The articles will cover every variant. The top list is the articles that have so far been published, the second list are figures that have been confirmed or released but have yet to be included in the articles. There are dozens of variants that don't fall into either category so I excluded them until they do get covered to avoid any mistakes being made.

Things like the Glass Dalek or Damaged Thay will eventually appear on the list. Might be a year or so but it will come eventually.
The Eternal Dalek
Classic Silurian 1

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sat 10 Dec 2016 - 15:33

The Eternal Dalek wrote:
LastOfTheSonics wrote:Oh, so the ones listed up there are just things the guy is making articles on? So, there are other variants to be released too?

The articles will cover every variant. The top list is the articles that have so far been published, the second list are figures that have been confirmed or released but have yet to be included in the articles. There are dozens of variants that don't fall into either category so I excluded them until they do get covered to avoid any mistakes being made.

Things like the Glass Dalek or Damaged Thay will eventually appear on the list. Might be a year or so but it will come eventually.
Ah I see. Thanks for making that clear, I was a bit confused. I'm still excited to see how there going to differ each similar variant. For example Mk2 of the Invasion Dalek and how it will be different to the current bonus one.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Sat 10 Dec 2016 - 16:32

LastOfTheSonics wrote:
The Eternal Dalek wrote:
LastOfTheSonics wrote:Oh, so the ones listed up there are just things the guy is making articles on? So, there are other variants to be released too?

Ah I see. Thanks for making that clear, I was a bit confused. I'm still excited to see how there going to differ each similar variant. For example Mk2 of the Invasion Dalek and how it will be different to the current bonus one.

It's a subtle difference but spottable if you know what to look for. That's why these articles come in handy, they explain what differences to expect.

Character always said they would sculpt to what the character "should" look like, Eaglemoss on the other hand are going for screen accuracy. The Mk 1 figurine has the same neck damage the prop did for example, even down to the silver block they added to fill in the hole.
The Eternal Dalek
Classic Silurian 1

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sat 10 Dec 2016 - 16:35

Interesting. Come to think of it, with all those variants, how many years will it take? I won't lie, I really want the Dalek Caan figurine to be released soon. Do you reckon these variants will include the Power variants without the gun and just the plunger? If there being screen accurate with things like DIOE variants, surely a Power variant is needed as well?

Also, it says there is a prototype shown for the Solar Powered Dalek MK2, could you show me the picture?
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Sun 11 Dec 2016 - 11:47

LastOfTheSonics wrote:Interesting. Come to think of it, with all those variants, how many years will it take? I won't lie, I really want the Dalek Caan figurine to be released soon. Do you reckon these variants will include the Power variants without the gun and just the plunger? If there being screen accurate with things like DIOE variants, surely a Power variant is needed as well?

Also, it says there is a prototype shown for the Solar Powered Dalek MK2, could you show me the picture?

At the current rate it will probably be a good 4-5 years, but no doubt once the Bonus Daleks are up and running properly that will go a lot faster.

Just went to check my picture there, it's just a Flamethrower Dalek at a funny angle, I'll remove it.
The Eternal Dalek
Classic Silurian 1

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 11 Dec 2016 - 12:02

Ah I see. So then there's a chance that they might not achieve that goal then. They're pretty confident if they're sure they can last the series for another 4 or 5 years. There's enough in the Whoniverse to last that long, it's sales that'd be the problem.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterKhan on Sun 11 Dec 2016 - 13:05

Eaglemoss are doing a great job, just hoping i'll eventually get some rare Daleks at a fair price in the future. Smile
MasterKhan
Classic Silurian 2

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 11 Dec 2016 - 13:23

Yeah me too. I'm astounded people are willing to spend hundreds for them on eBay.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 10:34

I'm excited for the Time-Machine Guard. Those daleks always were funny looking fellows. I'm curious as to how that will come out as a figurine. How long before Eaglemoss start releasing these remaining Daleks?
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 18:46

LastOfTheSonics wrote:I'm excited for the Time-Machine Guard. Those daleks always were funny looking fellows. I'm curious as to how that will come out as a figurine. How long before Eaglemoss start releasing these remaining Daleks?

They are coming through gradually. A lot of the more unusual designs will be subscriber exclusives but there will be plenty in the main range as well.

Seems to be roughly three Daleks every ten issues (two main range and the subscriber Dalek) and with online exclusives that means probaably about 10 a year (unless they really up the online releases).
The Eternal Dalek
Classic Silurian 1

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 18:50

I think the subscriber daleks aren't as important anymore. There is no longer a way to subscribe and therefore if someone decides to withdraw their subscription, thats one less person subscribed. It makes it harder for us non subscribers to get all the daleks.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 19:11

LastOfTheSonics wrote:I think the subscriber daleks aren't as important anymore. There is no longer a way to subscribe and therefore if someone decides to withdraw their subscription, thats one less person subscribed. It makes it harder for us non subscribers to get all the daleks.

All the more reason to put the less marketable ones in there as the subscribers get more and more focused.
The Eternal Dalek
Classic Silurian 1

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sat 21 Jan 2017 - 11:04

I have a lot of respect for this guy. I didn't even know half of these variants existed. Although it makes me wonder, will Eaglemoss really be able to get through all of them?
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Sat 21 Jan 2017 - 14:55

LastOfTheSonics wrote:I have a lot of respect for this guy. I didn't even know half of these variants existed. Although it makes me wonder, will Eaglemoss really be able to get through all of them?

This is a very long term plan and a very ambitious one at that. It will be a few years before we even know if it will be possible, in fact it will be over a year before we even have a full checklist to go off.

It is still an interesting project to keep an eye on.
The Eternal Dalek
Classic Silurian 1

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sat 21 Jan 2017 - 15:46

They're starting now in a way. I mean we've got the new line of Bonus Daleks begin, plus there's at least 2 more Subscriber Daleks, and there's two more coming up in the main collection as well.

Do you think this guy will cover the special issues too? So like the Emperor Dalek in Evil?
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Thu 26 Jan 2017 - 18:23

I take it we're not going to see the movie Dalek then due to rights grounds... 

I hope they do articles about Daleks further up in the hierarchy such as the Emperor.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Fri 3 Feb 2017 - 16:24

What's the point in doing articles on the movie Daleks if Eaglemoss won't produce them?
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Sat 4 Feb 2017 - 17:32

LastOfTheSonics wrote:What's the point in doing articles on the movie Daleks if Eaglemoss won't produce them?

He's got the information already so he might as well be thorough.
The Eternal Dalek
Classic Silurian 1

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 5 Feb 2017 - 7:25

I hope to see Eaglemoss start adding to their bonus line soon. I mean look at that list there's loads to cover.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Sun 5 Feb 2017 - 14:26

LastOfTheSonics wrote:I hope to see Eaglemoss start adding to their bonus line soon. I mean look at that list there's loads to cover.

It will take a while to get the figures made. Just as an example they've just recieved the first design back for issue 104 (another Dalek, although they haven't said which one yet) so it takes several months to get it all planned out and the figures produced.

The Bonus Daleks were a lot more popular than they were expecting and they are having to get a restock produced and sent over. Once they've got everything established I'm sure there shouldn't be many problems.
The Eternal Dalek
Classic Silurian 1

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Sun 5 Feb 2017 - 16:35

The Eternal Dalek wrote:
It will take a while to get the figures made. Just as an example they've just recieved the first design back for issue 104 (another Dalek, although they haven't said which one yet) so it takes several months to get it all planned out and the figures produced.

The Bonus Daleks were a lot more popular than they were expecting and they are having to get a restock produced and sent over. Once they've got everything established I'm sure there shouldn't be many problems.
That's good to know.

I reckon the next Dalek will be the Imperial one.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by dalek fifty on Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 21:20

Not sure if its been mentioned by anyone, not important anyway but I have noticed that I have an SD6 - Dalek Asylum Imperial Guard and an SD6 - Imperial Guard Dalek. As I say, not important in the great scheme of things.
dalek fifty
The Master

https://flic.kr/g/sj5kV

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Mon 13 Feb 2017 - 7:58

dalek fifty wrote:Not sure if its been mentioned by anyone, not important anyway but I have noticed that I have an SD6 - Dalek Asylum Imperial Guard and an SD6 - Imperial Guard Dalek. As I say, not important in the great scheme of things.
Yes I know what you mean. 

There was another error with its release as well, Imperial guard mag says SD5 but the figure says SD6.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Timelord Ade on Fri 24 Feb 2017 - 20:50

Ive just bought the full set of special daleks plus gold plinth, cost an arm and a leg but well worth it .

Timelord Ade
Imperial Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Fri 24 Feb 2017 - 22:22

Timelord Ade wrote:Ive just bought the full set of special daleks plus gold plinth, cost an arm and a leg but well worth it .

You are probably cheaper just getting a subscription (have to do it by phone now, website has completely broken down).
The Eternal Dalek
Classic Silurian 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Timelord Ade on Fri 24 Feb 2017 - 22:32

It put me off subscribing after reading people's comments that they didn't receive figures ordered months ago ,.

Timelord Ade
Imperial Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by dalek fifty on Sun 26 Feb 2017 - 14:41

Timelord Ade wrote:It put me off subscribing after reading people's comments that they didn't receive figures ordered months ago ,.

Just thought i'd give you a view from the other side of the coin. I have subscribed from the beginning  and not had one late or missing figure. Also, I have had 2 damaged figurines over the whole subscription and both have been replaced within 10 days or so with no hassle and I got to keep the damaged items too. Specials have always arrived within a couple of weeks of ordering. On the whole I am pretty pleased with the service.
dalek fifty
The Master

https://flic.kr/g/sj5kV

Back to top Go down

Post by Timelord Ade on Sun 26 Feb 2017 - 18:34

Yes when I subscribed they were never late and I never had any damaged were perfect

Timelord Ade
Imperial Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin-Emperor Dalek on Mon 27 Feb 2017 - 8:19

Interesting guys...But I think the majority have had problems . Think things are better now?
Admin-Emperor Dalek
Admin

http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Mon 27 Feb 2017 - 16:27

I've never had any problems with my figurines, and only one delivery issue. I've subscribed from the start.
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

Post by Timelord Ade on Mon 27 Feb 2017 - 20:13

Op I just received issue 93 Destiny bomb Dalek nice model I wonder what issue 94 will be I don't do Twitter.

Timelord Ade
Imperial Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Mon 27 Feb 2017 - 20:23

Timelord Ade wrote:Op I just received issue 93 Destiny bomb Dalek nice model I wonder what issue 94 will be I don't do Twitter.

Cyber Leader from Silver Nemesis, there's a complete list of figures on the forum:

http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/t618-figure-line-up
The Eternal Dalek
Classic Silurian 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Timelord Ade on Mon 27 Feb 2017 - 21:20

The up and coming figurines look good the marshman and tetrap if confirmed do hope we get some assistants ,Matt Lucas being one of them
My favourite character of all Roger Delgado as the The Master can't wait for that issue 100

Timelord Ade
Imperial Dalek

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalek on Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 14:24

Timelord Ade wrote:The up and coming figurines look good the marshman and tetrap if confirmed  do hope we get some assistants ,Matt Lucas being one of them
My favourite character of all Roger Delgado as the The Master can't wait for that issue 100

There was a rumour a while back of an online exclusive companion wave, and each one would come with a Doctor variant.
Dalek
The Ninth Doctor's Tardis

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eternal Dalek on Tue 28 Feb 2017 - 20:14

Dalek wrote:
Timelord Ade wrote:The up and coming figurines look good the marshman and tetrap if confirmed  do hope we get some assistants ,Matt Lucas being one of them

There was a rumour a while back of an online exclusive companion wave, and each one would come with a Doctor variant.

It wasn't a rumour, it was something being seriously considered but no decision has been made on whether to go through with it (it won't be for a few years at least anyway).

Not wanting to sound rude but if you want to keep this conversation going please open up a new discussion or post in one more relevant to that topic. A fair few of these topics have been derailed completely over the years and I don't want this to be the latest victim as there is plenty of discussion to be had regarding Dalek variants and Eaglemoss' Dalek figures rather than other future figures, delivery issues, etc.
The Eternal Dalek
Classic Silurian 1

Back to top Go down

Post by LastOfTheSonics on Wed 1 Mar 2017 - 8:05

Locking this topic due to the overflow of replies. Please start up a new discussion for figurines you hope to see.
LastOfTheSonics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top